First Timer

Tell me what you think

• Total voters

the FE

Hi everyone..just thought I would share my first grow with you all. These pics are from today and half of what you will see is bud day #1 and the others are veg room , I have two 7x10 rooms beside each other ...I think around 80 plants all together.:thumb:
veg_22.jpg

View image in gallery

Hello folks ... today we will be doing some things around the rooms, will take a few pics....but mainly we will be looking at a few spots for the outdoor grow.

I do have a question ...4 days ago I noticed some curling on the tips of the leaves some so bad they curled in on themselves???? I am growing in dirt "pro mix" The leaves look very green and healthy but the curling is freaking me out, so I stoped watering and I think it was one of 2 things...heat stress, or to much nut and the dirt has 2 weeks woeth of nuts from what i understand also I have started spraying them ...the curling has since stoped but the tips remain curled. any help here would be great.

Thanks for the response ...I am going to try some new things I think , but at this point I have 4 1000 w hps ..1 400w hps for veg ....now I am thinking I have several 2x4 flos kicking around the house and was smokin some med weed lol the other night and got to thinking why not use the old flo fixtures with grow lights in them and line the walls and floor with them so as to get light to all sides of the plants.

So in a nut shell if you can picture this 8x10 room two 1000w hps over top , then 2 400w hps in 2 of the corners , and finally two 2x4 flos stacked on each wall? my theory is to get as much light on the shaded parts of the plants just to try and max yield....my question I guess at this point is if I do the floors of the room in flos with thick plexy to support the weight would that mess the plant up ....is a plant prepared for light from below? is this healthy for it ....so to sum it up a room covered in lights.

Peace.

dont waste your time on side and underneath lighting.....very little penetration.
concntrate on as many HIDs as possible.....try to get at least 30 watts a foot. Ive bloomed monsters with a lil less than 30 watts a foot...more is better

the reasoning behind the flos...first I have them so why not and 2nd....they throw off no heat so I can have them as close to the plants as I see fit ....have done some reading and 1000w hps are nice....but the heat kinda takes away from the watts having to keep them so far from the plants ...I am thinking I would rather have four 400w hps as apposed to two 1000w hps just for this reason. What I would loos in watts I would gain in distance? any pros who can help me with this ?

Peace
:yummy:

So Im there with just 2 1000w ...70 square feet divided into 2000w = 2100w ...so it might be best I set up a 3rd room then keep 2 rooms always doing 12/12 and a veg room doing 18/6, I would like to thin out the flower rooms a bit to give the girls more room to grow, I dont want to crowd them. Has anyone heard of the way to trick the meter and run 2 rooms 12/12 4 lights 2 bals so run 2000w all day this is so the power co cant tell cycles?

things I have noticed....1st : I have never spent so much time in my basement. 2nd: as fast as these grow...it's NEVER fast enough. I don't have a co2 set up yet so I sit down there and talk to them for hrs and hrs. Is that wrong? lol

So Im there with just 2 1000w ...70 square feet divided into 2000w = 2100w ...so it might be best I set up a 3rd room then keep 2 rooms always doing 12/12 and a veg room doing 18/6, I would like to thin out the flower rooms a bit to give the girls more room to grow, I dont want to crowd them. Has anyone heard of the way to trick the meter and run 2 rooms 12/12 4 lights 2 bals so run 2000w all day this is so the power co cant tell cycles?

Just run the 2 rooms on separate 12/12 cycles so you are basically running 2 1000w every 12 hours and there is no change in power consumption. With 4 1000w lights your power bill will probably go up to about $150, figuring the other stuff you have running for your grow. You are also using less power going with soil over hydro. With your power going up that much, you are still out of the radar from the power company. You figure running a hot tub 24/7 can cost you $100 a month in power, so a $150 gain a month in power will not alert the power company. Also if you are still worried, switch to LED or CFL bulbs in your house and try to keep things, such as lights and electrical components not in use, off as much as possible.

Another piece of mind, make sure your 2 rooms can handle the 4 1000w lights. Some rooms might have problems handling 2 1000w lights plus accessories for your grow.:goodluck:

Hey Lebowskii hows things ...ya I just came upstairs after doing some aggressive cropping, I went with a different method...hope its ok ....involved cutting with a razor and then bending ....all I know is it felt right. I have heard it helps to drip wax onto the stressed part of the plant ...kind of a band aid? any thoughts?

Ok since I started this thread they have grown 4 inches...they were at 8" at day 1 bud now they are 12+ ....I have another question...can I do some super cropping 4 days into bud ??? I need to try and get the canopy down.... help anyone?

Ok ..update on the super cropping I did yesterday...It was a complete ...wait for it....come on wait for it.....success !!!! they the "girls" have recovered from the cuts and bending in one day? This strain rocks ...it really does. I will take some pics today to show you what I mean. I am very happy today!.

I was very worried as I in fact used a razor to cut a small chunk out of the stem before bending to try and help the process. I did some cross breading many many years ago when I was a kid..."25 yrs ago" so I was some what ready for the challenge.

Oh one thing I did that may have helped ...not sure but I set up a make shift CO2 drip ...white vinegar dripping in baking soda....???

it releases CO2 every drip drip....let me try and explain what I did as far as the cropping ...get a razor "sharp" find a good spot on a branch with many bud points ...good spot being many bud points above the spot, then just as if you were cutting down a tree take a very small wedge out of the branch " very small" the branch will naturally want to fall in that direction....now some pinch and bend , I have my concerns with this pinch and bend , it works but with the notch cut out it ...I think anyway" helps with the bonding for repair of the damage ....the pinch and bend may in fact cut off the flow of the plant ...but with the notch cut out the flow is never interrupted , more of a change of direction, kind of like putting a 90 in plumbing ....all I know for sure is my girls did NOT miss a beat they look as strong as before I did it not even 12 hrs ago.

With the pinch and bend ...the bottom pinch in, in fact then gets folded somewhat into the stem itself kinda like a pinched hose and we know what that does so with the notch out its more of a medical procedure in we have taken out the under pinch in ....not sure I have explained it very well.

Ohhhhh things are looking really nice today.....I wish I had a good camera. I did do some bending in the flower room last night ....and it looks really good, could not be happier! I am going to get some really good pics today I promise.

Back
Top Bottom