Autoflowering Question

VtecHoe

Hi guys,

I have a Autoflowering Afgan Kush that is 8 weeks 6 days old, Loads of white hairs around bud sites but no proper buds yet.... Im a bit confused as i thought it would of been done by now :/

Can anyone shed some light or advice on whats up? Ive attached some pictures:

IMAG00305.JPG

IMAG00297.JPG

IMAG002812.JPG

IMAG002712.JPG

IMAG002318.JPG

It looks like the plant is experiencing nitrogen toxicity, overwatering or both (just an opinion; I only have about a year's experience put in so far). What nutrients are you using? What kind of lighting and how many watts? I grew an auto under a 150 watt light before next to other plants. It didn't get very much light because the other plants outgrew it and I didn't get well developed buds from it either. What I do when I overfeed is flush the pot out with RO or distilled water* (I use 3 times the amount of water that the pot holds in dirt), then put the pot on a towel for a short period to draw the excess water from the pot. It needs a higher phophorus and lower nitrogen food in flowering, so I'd follow with a half-strength dose of that. :goodluck:

*As long as your tap water isn't hard and you let it set in an open container overnight so the chlorine will evaporate off you could use it to flush.

I just looked up the strain and found a World of Seeds Afghan Kush Ryder. If that's the strain you have, disregard the nutes after the flush advice above. It's not always right on the money, but they give a time of between 45-55 days total for that strain, and you're over that now. I can't see if any of the hairs have turned color in the pics, and I start watching closer then because I know that harvest time is coming up in a few weeks.

Hey Chimp,

It was suffering really bad yellow leaf tips and the middle of the leafs were going yellow but the veins stayed green, I have been using Bio-Bloom for the last week which has seemed to of made it look a bit healthier, I have also flushed it before this with tap water which was perfect pH, i soaked it, had major run off, let it dry out and put her back under the light, Shes under a 125w cfl, which i grew my northern lights under, also a small 65w cfl in there to

45-55 days, im well over that, is there a chance she isnt going to bud :/

What light schedule are you running? It actually looks pretty good, and quite large for an autoflower but the pic may be throwing me off. Curious, how big is the pot as well?

What light schedule are you running? It actually looks pretty good, and quite large for an autoflower but the pic may be throwing me off. Curious, how big is the pot as well?

She is quite big for a autoflower, i thought this as well, just below a metre in height and im running her on 24/0 as i have 3 other plants in there, only babys :thumb:

PS: 5 litre pot

That is huge for an autoflower, never seen a 3 footer before flower, or anything even close. Of course you know what the say about opinions, but I think 18/6 is primo for autoflowers start to finish. But now you are faced with another dilemna if you switch it because autoflowers can be finicky about light schedules changing midstream. I had an autoflower that I switched from 24/0 to 18/6 and it completely quit growing, like an inch over 4 weeks, so I scrapped it. If the other 3 are not autoflowers, I'd definitely switch it. If they are, well??? It's a tough decision, but I'd try to stick with 18/6 start to finish next grow fosho.

And as far as the curling down at the tips, every single AF I have ever grown has done this. Maybe me and you are consistently doing the same thing wrong, but the leaves always look a little weird or contorted on mine as well.

Hey budbro, Two of them are non auto's and 1 of them is a bio-diesel mass auto.... So what do you think i should do? whack her down to 18/6 or what? Yeah shes been curling her tips since week 2-3 so its like an auto thing... Thanks for your help budbro, if you can give me some more guidance id appreciate it

Dont want to whack her down if my other non auto's will be affected X( but then again, kush has been growing longer so sort of has priority, 9 weeks today X(

And i lied to you, its
1 foot = 0.3048 metres

lol

I would if it were me. As said before, I used to run 24/0 and had all kinds of probs with AF's. I realize it could have been something other than the light schedule, but since switching over, it has been smooth sailing. If you don't mind, keep us informed as to what you do and the results you get.

Hi I apologise for jumping in but I need help and cant start post yet!I'm on my 3rd and final grow. All have been very successful but have to move and don't have the space I currently have 2 60 day lemon at 30 days. Up until now I have been using the same nutes and schedule as per usual. Ie, Dutch pro a and b every other watering. Adding to this Dutch pro take root for first 2 weeks. I plan to add to this Dutch pro explode at about day 40ish ( I'm well aware from prev grows breeders quotes on grow time Iare bogus!). Here's my problem running out of xplode for flowering. Prob enough for 10 days and don't want to buy anymore. Will probably let them go for about 75/80 days so accounting for final flush need about 16 days roughly. Now I've got this ace of buds stuff free with a bulb. I've searched online and can't find much about it. Even the packaging is quite vague. Does anyone know if it is any good. Should i finish with this or start. I'd like to use the xplode up as I love these products but am unsure about the ace of buds on the bottle it says it is a weight additive. Any help appreciated.

20160612_123445.jpg
That is huge for an autoflower, never seen a 3 footer before flower, or anything even close. Of course you know what the say about opinions, but I think 18/6 is primo for autoflowers start to finish. But now you are faced with another dilemna if you switch it because autoflowers can be finicky about light schedules changing midstream. I had an autoflower that I switched from 24/0 to 18/6 and it completely quit growing, like an inch over 4 weeks, so I scrapped it. If the other 3 are not autoflowers, I'd definitely switch it. If they are, well??? It's a tough decision, but I'd try to stick with 18/6 start to finish next grow fosho.

I too have an auto that is now starting week 7 with only some white hairs popping. The strain is world of seeds Northern lights x big bud and is supposed to be done in 55 to 65 days and I'm approaching that mark soon. The plants is healthy as hell, my other auto has been flowering for 2 weeks now and it had everything the northern did. I'm thinking maybe it's a photo? Maybe it preflowered on 18/6 lighting cause it's mature in veg???? Could that be? The stalk on this thing is over an inch across and I counted like 24 tops that are all about even... what should I do???? Let her ride or switch to 12/12 to see if she pops? It was a freebie so maybe it got mislabeled as an auto? Or could it be a slow pheno yielding more in the end? Plz help......

Back
Top Bottom