Light in the last week of flowering and spider mites

coroj

How crucial is the light in the last week of flowering?

I'm going to harvest in five or six days and I'm having troubles with spider mites. I saw three buds surrounder of webs three days ago and quite a lot of spider mites moving really fast. The room was arround 76 - 80 F, so I dimmed the light in order to keep the room below 67 F and cut the buds and leaves with webs.

95% of spider mites are not moving at all. I don't think spider mites are going to damage the buds (more than they are now) in five days more as long as the room is cold...
However, if light is a crucial factor at the end of flowering I just could stop dimming the lights and harvest the areas as soon as the spider mite popullation increases their activity. (Unfortunatelly, it's a messy scrog in a small place, so it's quite hard to work and it's impossible to move the plants somewhere else).

Webs already mean not good sucks man first week into flower i spray always even if i see nothing

Sent from my iPhone using 420

You don't want to spray in the last week though. That's a tough call but IMO you're doing the right thing. Generally the more light the better, but at this stage the plant is finishing up. Some growers will dim the lights on purpose to simulate a fall season change. Generally I think it's not a popular theory, but I don't think it's going to hurt your plants much either at this point. Less than the mites would I'm sure. Good luck with those $&@#ers

Clearly spraying right now would be a bad idea if theres webs and you can see them they have been there a good bit as i clearly said i always spray a week into flower and the plant takes it in for up to 5 weeks leaving it less likely to have any sign of bugs they are not the only bugs to prevent but that my two cents and about 28 years of growing but what do i know

sounds absolutely devastating coroj.

maybe for next time less cramped space and good house keeping is worth thinking about as HappySpace says prevention better than dealing with issues that arise.

i had bad infestation of thrips my first time not good, i spray to prevent now and have never had any more touch wood.

regards

First grow i had it twice and ruined my whole crop out all 8 plants gone to the trash as i was saying the spider mites are not the only bastards how about them nats learned my lesson on that one to give some time and effort and i still think its more rewarding growing your own smoke its ten times as good and the best you ever smoked lol

Clearly spraying right now would be a bad idea if theres webs and you can see them they have been there a good bit as i clearly said i always spray a week into flower ...and about 28 years of growing but what do i know

Now now Happyseed...he he. No need to get all touchy.;) That was my mistake. I read that you spray 'every week in flower'. I even read it twice and still saw that, though I have to admit I couldn't see super well at that point and passed out soon after.
I totally agree with what you're saying. I don't have mites in the wild here but got them in the grow from a 'gift' clone once, then they got in my greenhouse. Battled the bastards for two years. Lots of cleaning kept them down a bit but the systemic spray is what finally finished them. It's been four years now since I've seen one and I still have a little mite induced PTSD. Sometimes I think I see one and a chill goes down my spine and I damn near have a heart attack.

Lol didnt think that at all half the time im on mu cell phone so i doubt my replies are that clear since all my sentences run together lol all good

Last week of flowering and spider mites

Lots of cleaning kept them down a bit but the systemic spray is what finally finished them. It's been four years now since I've seen one and I still have a little mite induced PTSD. Sometimes I think I see one and a chill goes down my spine and I damn near have a heart attack.
This is an old thread but I think I might have spider mites moving into my grow room. When I checked the tric's with a scope just now (Kosher Kush) I saw a couple very fine silver hair like threads. The plants only have another 1-2 weeks left so I don't want to use neem oil.
To the point... what is the "SYSTEMIC SPRAY" that you are referring to?
My flowering room has plants in all stages, some a couple weeks to go and some sativas up to 3 months, so obviously I'd like to stop this now before it gets worse.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom