Need design help and expertise for growing setup

buzzbom

I will be allowed to grow up to 15 plants once the Federal Canadian government approves my license. I have about 3 months to figure out the design, get it all setup and functioning and then I can start popping some beans.

I dont have an unlimited budget. Let's call it $1500.

The location will be an insulated garage in Canada. I have access to space in the garage all year around. And the space is about 10x10 with 8 foot ceiling. Lot's of breakers and power. Access to ventilation to the outside. I won't be building rooms in the garage. I'm going with tents.

First question is should I do what I think is called a monocrop and just take 15 plants from seed to bud over and over in one big tent, or is it better to do a perpetual grow with 2 tents and have 7-8 in a smaller veg tent and 7-8 in a flower tent?

I think the two tents is better in some ways. The only down side I see right now is the cost of two tents and their dedicated lighting.

Oh Canada!! I love this place. If you can give me any links or information on Canadian Legislation it would be greatly appreciated. As for your setup. It looks like you have it down pat. Trust your gut and just grow. you will learn along the way and it wont take long if you pay attention. Good luck.
Do or do not, there is no try.- Yoda

If you have pictures, or better yet,... draw a plan of your garage and post it. Id be happy to give you a hand if I see something to tune or tweek.

I use Microsoft's free 3D builder to better visualize space and equipment placement. May help you.

Examples:

420-magazine-mobile1780338587.jpg
420-magazine-mobile728414111.jpg

Wow.... nice!! If your this much into it I'm sure you will be fine. Ill have a look at this and let you know what I think.

ooooh....lol I thought the guy was a wizard or something, coming up with that design In like 2 minutes haha,... I can see clearly now the rain is gone,.one should really pay attention to the poster or all is lost in translation. Sorry mate, but yeah, try to use that 3D builder and come up with a game plan for all us folk to help and pick apart. Just kidding. Guaranteed if you come up with a plan we can see and study, we will help you succeed.

To answer your first question keep in mind a few things: starting, growing, flowering and harvest/cure

Mono crop is growing a single crop, while you mean reproduction either by seed or stem.it will take weeks to grow from seed, using Feminized seeds helps to keep males out but germination time adds to production time.
Cloning is easier IMHO to keep a perpetual grow going as it takes only 1-2 weeks to get a exact copy of the mother.
Keeping mothers and clones together in one tent and always flowering the other keeps your grow chugging along. you can also start/finish two plants a week instead of starting 14-15 at once and having to harvest and trim them all at once as well.
You can buy a smaller tent with a clone rack up top and room for mothers below, and a larger one for the flower chamber or just find one with separate rooms, I've seen them out there if you are set on tenting it. really clones and mothers dont need a lot of light compared to your flowering girls

Back
Top Bottom