Help with next purchase please!

GroActive

After investing in more in ventilation than production I feel a change is needed.

I'm running 4x4x7 tent..

600w HiD (Mh&Hps)
6" Cool tube
6" Inline Fan >> out
6" Ducting >> out

Plus

4" Inline Fan & Ducting <<In

And I'm struggling to maintain a decent temp, I've fucked around with tent placement and using window open blah blah.. and I'm struggling to get below 33°C/91°F

Hate having cold in filtered air blown in from outside..

And I've fried 95% of my seedlings and 6+ clones as the tent isn't in my property and I check daily..

So I'm returning 6inch fan kit, cool tube etc..

And have approx £200 budget for a plug and play LED so I can carry on with my clones..

I've poured about £600+ and haven't even made it past veg yet and I'm getting annoyed with the heat..

So I'm going led route..

Yes I've spent hours on growmau5 and greengenes and would love the COB route.. but they cost loads and I always want a harvest to return some of my investment.

I don't mind diy but I'm really busy lately and wouldn't mind a plug and play and hopefully get a decent harvest..

So any recommendation?

Thanks 

I am using one mars hydro 300, the results are pretty good, if u can get 2 or 3 I ma pretty sure you can get very good results..
they are cheap, but they are good for their money as well.. if you want you can always spend more money and get something much better.. after all we get what we pay for

These are my girls, WW autos at day 68
420-magazine-mobile1023096228.jpg

I am using one mars hydro 300, the results are pretty good, if u can get 2 or 3 I ma pretty sure you can get very good results..
they are cheap, but they are good for their money as well.. if you want you can always spend more money and get something much better.. after all we get what we pay for

These are my girls, WW autos at day 68
420-magazine-mobile1023096228.jpg
I've been looking at Mars 300 as they are cheap think I'd get at least 2..

Have you seen the mod with lenses for it? Increases PAR to 15
420-magazine-mobile1562430067.jpg
00+

May get a few and mod them

You may find that way for watt your led produces almost as much heat as the HIDs- but without any option provided for removing the heat, as your cooltube has.
I've got extraction, just find Hid waste too much watts on heat..

I maybe will go with 2 mars hydro 300 and mod them for more par.. then gradually upgrade to a cob set up.

I've got extraction, just find Hid waste too much watts on heat..

I maybe will go with 2 mars hydro 300 and mod them for more par.. then gradually upgrade to a cob set up.

Hey bro, you would definitely love a COB set. I spent the bucks for a 2light Cob set up and temps went down plus plants are loving it. Good luck!!

Hey bro, you would definitely love a COB set. I spent the bucks for a 2light Cob set up and temps went down plus plants are loving it. Good luck!!
So you reckon I should bite the bullet and get 2x100w cobs maybe vero29 and some heatsink and driver? Skip the blurple?

Hey GrowActive, if i were you yes that is what i am currently using the vero29 2x155w. Thats all you need and you can skip the blurple. Amazing light output with these lights. You don`t need to change lights for flower also. Just think the sun dosen`t change colors its the Par that counts. They are cheaper in the long run also. So if you can afford them i think that is the way to go. You won`t regret it...:)

Hey GrowActive, if i were you yes that is what i am currently using the vero29 2x155w. Thats all you need and you can skip the blurple. Amazing light output with these lights. You don`t need to change lights for flower also. Just think the sun dosen`t change colors its the Par that counts. They are cheaper in the long run also. So if you can afford them i think that is the way to go. You won`t regret it...:)

Also you can check out my journal and see the Cob lights I'm using!

Hey GroA, can't really say on this thread. But if you look again at my journal you'll see. It's a sponser thing. If I said who and their not a sponser here then that's a no no. Good Luck!

Look at my second Grow under BudBoy2 2017

Ha.. lol I tried with a pic and it wouldn't. I think you have to have 40 posts before you can PM anyone. Try me if you like and see if it would let you that way.
I can see the brand name and I found the YouTube channel.. I think JimmyJ is the proprietor?

Are you allowed to send links with letters missing ext lol

After investing in more in ventilation than production I feel a change is needed.

I'm running 4x4x7 tent..

600w HiD (Mh&Hps)
6" Cool tube
6" Inline Fan >> out
6" Ducting >> out

Plus

4" Inline Fan & Ducting <<In

And I'm struggling to maintain a decent temp, I've fucked around with tent placement and using window open blah blah.. and I'm struggling to get below 33°C/91°F

Hate having cold in filtered air blown in from outside..

And I've fried 95% of my seedlings and 6+ clones as the tent isn't in my property and I check daily..

So I'm returning 6inch fan kit, cool tube etc..

And have approx £200 budget for a plug and play LED so I can carry on with my clones..

I've poured about £600+ and haven't even made it past veg yet and I'm getting annoyed with the heat..

So I'm going led route..

Yes I've spent hours on growmau5 and greengenes and would love the COB route.. but they cost loads and I always want a harvest to return some of my investment.

I don't mind diy but I'm really busy lately and wouldn't mind a plug and play and hopefully get a decent harvest..

So any recommendation?

Thanks 

Let the cool tube inlet hang inside the tent, it will pull the heat out. Like this
420-magazine-mobile606412674.jpg

I had the same problem with my 1000w hps an this is what works for me. Just remember to get a fan dimmer switch or else it will suck the walls in bad. U might be ok cause of the inlet fan but just be prepared to get one if u do need it.

I can see the brand name and I found the YouTube channel.. I think JimmyJ is the proprietor?

Are you allowed to send links with letters missing ext lol

I don't think you can. Hell I mentioned the company name on here and cause he isn't a sponsor they took it down and warned me. But yes that's the one who did mine. Works great!

Back
Top Bottom