Johnny Depp

Johnny

13 July 2005 - "Johnny Depp to blast ashes of Hunter S.Thompson"

Johnny Depp is set to fire the ashes of late writer Hunter S. Thompson from a cannon.

The Hollywood star became close friends with the 'gonzo' journalist after portraying him in the critically acclaimed film 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas'.

According to Depp, Thompson asked him to carry out the bizarre stunt before his death.

"He was a great pal, one of my best friends.

We had talked a couple of times about his last wishes to be shot out of a cannon of his own design.

All I'm doing is trying to make sure his last wish comes true I just want to send my pal out the way he wants to go out."

Meanwhile, Depp claims he was saved from self-destruction by his children The former hellraiser, renowned for his love of heavy drinking, claims becoming a father put a stop to his wild ways The father-of-two said: "I'd go to functions and I literally had to be drunk When I had my kids I realised there was nothing anyone could do to me anymore."

Source: CNN

2004 - "Johnny Depp: dope dealing daddy"

In a recent interview with Swedish magazine Expressen, Depp claimed to have stopped using most illegal drugs, but he still rated different drug highs. "O***m makes you completely relaxed. It's dangerous because it's so nice. C*****e is a strange drug... I hated cocaine." Depp compared absinthe to marijuana, except "if you drink too much absinthe, you suddenly realize why van Gogh cut his ear off."

"Look, I have nothing to hide," said Depp In a June 2001 interview with Film Review Magazine. "I'm not a great pothead or anything like that... but weed is much, much less dangerous than alcohol."

In an interview in the October issue of GQ magazine, Johnny Depp said that he would rather his kids get their marijuana from him than from the street.

Depp's children are currently only two and four years old. However, Depp said that if they choose to try marijuana when they are older, he'd rather be their supplier, because with street pot you don't know if you're getting buds "laced with P*P."

Depp added that while on P*P, you could end up "beating yourself in the head with a tennis racket, wearing a towel, quoting Poe, or getting that hair cut."

Entertainment Tonight broadcast a story criticizing Depp's apparent pro-pot stance, and so Depp said that he would refuse to be interviewed by the show's reporters while promoting his film Once upon a time in Mexico. A spokesman for Depp told the media that Entertainment Tonight "sort of took half a quote. They ran it out of context, and it wasn't what the story was saying. He wasn't happy with them."

Depp, who also recently starred in Pirates of the Caribbean, got his start on TV's 21 Jump Street. Depp played officer Tom Hanson, who led a team of police officers who went undercover in high schools, busting pot dealers and other teen criminals.

Interesting article!

Dude man... he came out in Blow. Ted Demme (Blow Director) has worked with Quentin and among other who smoke pot... Johnny was part of the click

He certainly played Hunter Thompson to a T. Fear and Loathing is probably my all time favorite movie ever.

My step-mother ran into him once in Lexington KY...
Saw him in a food store and he looked familiar, so she approached and asked if he was one of her daughter's friends.
He laughed, and had a nice little talk with her.
She realized later who it was. Said he is a very nice, Kentucky boy.

He prolly was there cuz he had the munchies! ;)

That's why he is raising his children in Europe , France to be exact. He claims it is a much better climate in which to raise a family and I agree with him fully. Our country really sucks for families face it, crime, divorce rates gone crazy lack of jobs no medical insurance........etc. RD :peace::peace::peace::love:

I always love to read about celebrities and other folks in the spotlight admitting that they smoke weed and that it's not that big of an issue. I feel like it opens up the discussion when you're faced with someone that is avidly against smoking dope.

Back
Top Bottom