Pre-flowers

schmotz38

As far as preflowers go.... is it the male or female that shows preflowers first? I have 6 plants that i have just started on the 12/12 cycle and 3 of them are starting to show signs of preflowers. The flowers are still not clear as to whether they are male or female as of yet. But the 3 that are showing the preflowers are the 3 that i had came to the assumption are females because they are slower growing and more compact. The other 3 are taller and growing faster but no signs of preflowers. Anyone have any experience with this?

Ok i will definitely do that, the plants that are showing preflowers look like little pods but they are hairy and from what ive seen on other threads the male preflowers look smoother. I just want to able to cull the males asap to make more room for the potential females. They are all growing pretty fast now that ive changed the light cycle, they are goin thru the flowering stretch i presume, but thank you serpent for the insight. I will keep you posted when they start showing more signs.

ya for sure let me know how you make out you'll see the sack not to worry and yes the females will have white pistols your doing good what keep it up by the way what type of light do you have

For the 12/12 cycle im using 2 cfl's at 150 watts, rated at 2700K, and 1led light, all warm white lights, i had them on 2 cfl's at 150 watts, rated at 5600K for veg. The 5600K lights are daylight colored lights, plus i had the same led light to give more color spectrum during veg. I tried to mimic the sun as much as possible. My grow is pretty small so i dont need more than the 3 lights ive been using. Hopefully i will be able to move to a closet sometime in the future.

Here is the female cannabis pre flower

The_Early_Female_Preflower.jpg

Here are the male cannabis pollen sacks and female pre flower pistils

Male_Female_Cannabis_Plants.jpg

When sexing your photoperiod cannabis plants female pre flower pistils will begin to develop in vegetative growth, male pollen sacks will only form on either male cannabis plants or hermaphrodite cannabis plants after switching to flower. When sexing your photoperiod cannabis plants we look for white pistils to distinguish female from male cannabis plants in vegetative growth so any plants that have not clearly shown female sex may be thought of as potential males.

For the 12/12 cycle im using 2 cfl's at 150 watts, rated at 2700K, and 1led light, all warm white lights, i had them on 2 cfl's at 150 watts, rated at 5600K for veg. The 5600K lights are daylight colored lights, plus i had the same led light to give more color spectrum during veg. I tried to mimic the sun as much as possible. My grow is pretty small so i dont need more than the 3 lights ive been using. Hopefully i will be able to move to a closet sometime in the future.

thats good if you can get a few more cfl if you have the room more cfl is all was better lol :yahoo: and like how your mimicking the sun nice stuff keep of the good work

If you look at the pic of the female flower that king john posted, the calyx looks like what i have on 3 of my plants but the pistils havent formed as of yet. They are "hairy" looking just like the pic above. They formed while they were still in veg and i just changed the light cycle on Thanksgiving. The other 3 plants havent formed anything yet. Thanks for the input king john, i appreciate the help, i will try and get pics but im working with a cell phone and dont have a pc to use right now. I have uploaded pics to my gallery but i cant find the gallery itself. So i need to spend a little more time reading the "uploading pics" thread.

ya its a little funny to do i have done it on the iPhone but the Mac is way easy to upload :nomo: lol how funny this is me right now as we speak lol

Thank you serpent! The 3 lights i use right now cover all the plants perfectly. Im using an old 40 gal fish tank as my "grow room" so i cant get anymore lights to fit. If i use another light it would just be wasted light as it would shine beyond the tank itself. I figure it just be a waste of electricity and light so i kept it with just the 3 lights. The lights are now sitting about 8 inches from the top of the tank as the plants have now grown past the top of the tank. I have done some LST with 2 of the plants by tying them down. But they are 2 of the 3 plants i think are males. But i figure its good training for me to learn how to tie down plants. The lower branches are growing good now that they have been tied down and im gaining knowledge and experience in my venture lol!

wow you know you stuff stop playing talking like a boss lol you doing good i never did all that LSD but i always top my plants a few times

I have always had a green thumb and i have grown a few cannabis plants back in the day, but that was before the internet. I have gained a ton of knowledge from this forum. I dont mean to drop names but i have watched all the Jorge Cervantes videos on youtube. I think he is my unofficial mentor lol! My fiance is in the process of getting her cannabis card, and since i have a green thumb i figure i can help her with the pain shes in by growing her medicine for her. Im also a novice bonsai artist. Ive been doing bonsai since 2009 and i used to be in 2 bonsai clubs. Alot of what people ask in the forums i already have knowledge of, so for me its more about the advance knowledge of growing cannabis.

Jorge Cervantes is real good he knows his stuff i like Reddy set grow they have part 1 soil part 2 hydro and bonsai artist no way thats so cool i was just thinking about that the other day :rollit:

If you look at the pic of the female flower that king john posted, the calyx looks like what i have on 3 of my plants but the pistils havent formed as of yet. They are "hairy" looking just like the pic above. They formed while they were still in veg and i just changed the light cycle on Thanksgiving. The other 3 plants havent formed anything yet. Thanks for the input king john, i appreciate the help, i will try and get pics but im working with a cell phone and dont have a pc to use right now. I have uploaded pics to my gallery but i cant find the gallery itself. So i need to spend a little more time reading the "uploading pics" thread.

Here is everything you should need to know to post full size photographs.

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

What are the dimensions of your grow area?

I have read thru the thread king john, its still a bit difficult but i need to make some time to fully read and understand it. I have uploaded some pics i took when my plants were smaller. But for some reason i havent been able to locate my gallery. I just havent really taken the time to fully read the thread which is my own arrogance lol!

And my "grow room" is about 3 1/2 feet long by maybe 2 feet wide and only about 16 inches high. Its not very big and this is the first time ive grown more than 1 plant. But its my experiment so far and i will probably expand into a full closet where i can grow more and bigger plants in the future. I just wanted to see how well i could grow cannabis. If and when i go into a full closet, i will buy some goods seeds for better varieties. Right now im just growing from bagseed. All my plants are Indica strains.

Back
Top Bottom