Anyone use LED floodlights?

Cheers

I see amazon has some super cheap ones. 150w for around $100.00 give or take.

Thinking about trying one out, worse comes to worse i can always replace the led chips inside the unit with better ones and upgrade power supply.

Anyone try these? The brands are just some generic Chinese names like LE, Powermall, Lowtek etc...Some have good reviews, but nothing to do with growing. Any feedback would be great!

I see amazon has some super cheap ones. 150w for around $100.00 give or take.

Thinking about trying one out, worse comes to worse i can always replace the led chips inside the unit with better ones and upgrade power supply.

Anyone try these? The brands are just some generic Chinese names like LE, Powermall, Lowtek etc...Some have good reviews, but nothing to do with growing. Any feedback would be great!

Keep us posted. What are the color temps on those flood lights?

Warm 2700k - 3000k
Natural 5000k-6500k

It seems that LED lighting are most costly for Pro Audio/DJ lighting, and of course, the horticulture market. But flood lighting is the cheapest.

On top of that, I have been following these "DIY Flashlight" Fanatics. Some of these guys are making 1000w LED flash lights. Its not cheap, but its no where near the cost of what these grow shops, on or off-line are charging.

Heres a pic for an example of the flood lights
2436_1_20150331013757.jpg

I have a friend who surrounded his half acre property with these style led lights. He loves them and they are pretty bright. His has a single cob type led in it. I do believe he has returned quite a few of them due to failures.

The actual LED chips are really cheap in these units, and the drivers are weakkk. Most are 50% less power than needed.

But from watching a few youtube videos, it seems really easy to upgrade both the drivers, and the LED chip itself.
LOHAS 100W is about 10 bucks on amazon and this is the LED people are upgrading to.

I've been wanting to replace one of my outdoor light fixtures with one of these new fancy LED ones but not sure the one fixture will have as good as light coverage as the 2 bulbs pointing in diff directions.

From the reviews I read on Amazon, they seem to work great. And if you check out the customer photos, you will see some HUGE installs.

One person had about 9 installed in the backyard/pool area. Looked amazing. But the problem is 99% of the reviews on Amazon for Flood-lights are related to outdoor and basement lighting. None are about growing.

Keep in mind when growing, the lights will be used for way longer durations. So the stress on LED chips and drivers will be 10x more than what it is typically intended for. I think if you use these for outdoor lighting, you should have zero issues. Plus the replacement or "upgraded" LEDs used are only 10 bucks (LOHAS)

Sixspeedv you might want to check out "Bay lighting" as well. Hyperikon LED 70W is the highest seller in Bay-lighting and has excellent reviews.

Back
Top Bottom