LED Advice, auto grows 98%

GorillaGrows

420 Member
The room i will grow in is around 2x2 or even 3x3 (meters)
i have no idea about leds at all, i dont want to mess around with it too much and go deep into details, i want to buy something, hang it up there and let it do its thing until i decide to add more leds for extra coverage from the sides.....
Currently im looking at an viperspecta 450w that has the veg and bloom switches but i dont need them cause i will mostly grow auto's and start one or two experiments with regular seeds.
preferably not priced over $200 if its possible.
thanks in advance

I am running 2- Meizhi 450 reflectors..maybe 250w actual each + a homemade led light bulb floating fixture for side lighting..
The Meizhi 450 is about $105-125 usd each..3x3x6 tent..working out nicely.

5-10-17.jpg

thanks for the advice, sadly the prices they should sell for are not available for me since amazon doesn't ship to where i live and have to go with eBay which they add around $40-$60 extra.

The room i will grow in is around 2x2 or even 3x3 (meters)
i have no idea about leds at all, i dont want to mess around with it too much and go deep into details, i want to buy something, hang it up there and let it do its thing until i decide to add more leds for extra coverage from the sides.....
Currently im looking at an viperspecta 450w that has the veg and bloom switches but i dont need them cause i will mostly grow auto's and start one or two experiments with regular seeds.
preferably not priced over $200 if its possible.
thanks in advance

10 foot by 10 foot (3x3 meters) is way too big for a single led. I'm running 4 600 watts of the same brand you are looking at in a 5x5=25sf tent and it's balls nuts perfect for lighting. So with basic math your tent would be 100sf=4 times that of mine with (insert some math) no way close to enough lighting. In my opinion that 450 light is enough for two small auto's that don't have a touch of sativa in them, maybe a 2 foot by 3 foot grow room print at most.

Not busting your balls....just a few months ago I thought a couple 600 watts (same brand as yours but I can't say the brand since they are not a sponsor of the forum and I got a PM with the rules) would be fine for my two tents. Now one tent has 4 600 watts and my other tent has one 600 watt and two of their 300 watts lights. Investing in lights sort of sucks on a limited budget....I didn't plan on spending close to $2000 on lights........and still want more.

I understand, but when you consider the alternatives..it would still benefit your giving the ones on Fleabay the go..JMHO:)

well i got the space, ofc im not gonna open it straight away, start with 1 light first, slowly get another one and so on until i can fill the whole 2x2-3x3 just need the best light for around $200-170 (includes shipping which is around 30-40 so the light itself is around $140-$150 or less)

That makes things really tough..Maybe look into building your own COB setup? like these at Timber lights
timbergrowlights.com..You will have to up your budget though :sorry:

a bit :jawdropper: i prefer to start with the simple ones first, and really i dont think i will need cob, im only gonna be growing autos, they just need extra light which is a led and thats it, plus i already got a full size fluorescent light on the ceiling so its a little extra.

I just started with the same setup. 2 x 450 meizhi in a 3x3. What kind of harvest have you been seeing? I'm only 6 weeks in on my first grow. Have you found a sweet spot for that light distance? I'm currently running mine 16" from the top of the canopy.

Back
Top Bottom