CFL glows at night!

Cowpert909

Just had a couple extra 75 watt CFL grow light bulbs. So, I decided to use them on the lower branches. Along with my big CFL's and three 600 watt led panels. I was lying in my flower room about two hours after the lights went out making sure there was no light leaking in, when I saw one of my 75 watt CFL's glowing. I thought...WTF? Really? I unscrewed it. Still glowing. F@#K! So, I unscrew them both and put them in a box in the closet every night. The second one wasn't glowing but I didn't take the chance. All my other lights are fine. I looked at the plant closest to the light the next day and the branches were all weird looking so I cut them off. Fearing hermaphrodites. Weird huh?

Just had a couple extra 75 watt CFL grow light bulbs. So, I decided to use them on the lower branches. Along with my big CFL's and three 600 watt led panels. I was lying in my flower room about two hours after the lights went out making sure there was no light leaking in, when I saw one of my 75 watt CFL's glowing. I thought...WTF? Really? I unscrewed it. Still glowing. F@#K! So, I unscrew them both and put them in a box in the closet every night. The second one wasn't glowing but I didn't take the chance. All my other lights are fine. I looked at the plant closest to the light the next day and the branches were all weird looking so I cut them off. Fearing hermaphrodites. Weird huh?

I'm curious what the color temperature of the bulbs are. (I'm going to guess 6500 Kelvin.) You know that it's just the phosphors in the coating of the tube continuing to give off energy after being blasted with UV radiation all day, no? Some of those quantum leaps take longer to occur than others.

Back in the days of phosphor oscilloscope screens, Tektronix used to offer a long-persistence phosphor option so the trace could stay on the screen longer.

Back
Top Bottom