Going back from Mars LEDs to HPS - Questions

Crippled

Hi everyone ive decided to swap back to hps rather than my leds ( 2 300w and 1 600w mars 5w white models). This is due to the heat these units give off in my 1m area , watts used (580w actual draw roughly) and lack of spread/penetration. I had already upgraded the fans in all lights with units of a higher cfm capacity but still wasnt happy when i could be doing better with hps for the sameish or less watts (600-250w dimmable) and roughly same heat maybe less. My box is a 1mx1mx1.8m insulated with 50mm poly and double sheeted with 12mm ply. It has a 340ish cfm rhino pro fan and filter vented to a seperate room next to a vent(lowest setting cfm is higher on second) and a 200ish cfm inlet rhino pro rigged up to a filter aswell to kill chances of dust or bugs or anything. The room it sits in is never really that hot atall with lights out the room sits at 16ish c. (60-65f) and the box the same. Lights on it can reach 29 but normally sits just under 28 im sure. Which is more than id like. I use phonic trap acoustic ducting and the hps will not be run with air cooled tubes. I have an oscillating tower fan in there too. If i was to run my hps ( digital ) on 400-600 do you think my heat will raise or lower ? I live in a relatively cool country which regularly sits 15c or less during spring/summer

Back
Top Bottom