First Grow - FFOF Soil & Skywalker OG Kush - Advice?

Reasons

Hey all, first post here after uploading photo's to the gallery. I have been reading a lot, but that will only get one so far, so looking for advice to make sure i'm heading in the right direction.

What strain is it? Skywalker OG Kush
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? 60/40 Indica/Sativa
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg, future mothers
If in Veg... For how long? - started veg April 6th, so in veg for 24 days
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Fox Farms Ocean Forest, currently no additives, but looking to add 25% perlite, and drain stone to the bottom of pots until I switch to smart pots
If soil... What size pot? Currently in 5 gallon pots
Size of light? 600w HPS light
Is it aircooled? No, but closet has large floor unit air conditioner vented to the attic.
Temp of Room/cab? 75F-81F during lights on, 69F-71F during lights off,
RH of Room/cab? 35-41% during lights on, 55-60% during lights off
PH of media or res? unsure, but PH going in reads 7.0, as well as running off
Any Pests ? Not that i'm aware of
How often are you watering? every 3-5 days, plant dependent.
Type and strength of ferts used? Only watered with Fox Farms grow big twice, after transplanting to 1 gallon containers of FFOF. This in combination with believed hot FFOF resulted in nitrogen toxicity. Have only been giving straight PH tested tap water since.

All that information being given, I feel I could add a bit more. Currently 7 plants in veg, and some appear to be doing better than others, with no measurable difference in TLC i'm giving them. I still believe i'm having some sort of nutrient or PH issue that i'm not sure how to diagnose myself considering PH going in is 7, as well as running off. Currently, I have one plant that I flushed with 5 gallons of PH 7.0 tap water. The runoff was still reading 7.0 throughout the flush. 5 of the 7 are still showing signs of nitrogen toxicity.

The nitrogen toxicity is self diagnosed vs overwatering, but have read that the eagle clawing at the tips is a dead give away. Currently having made it this far I believe it's crunch time, and I need to get them all healthy so I can pick the optimal mother(s) when the time comes. I currently have some favorites who have excelled through conditions apparently plagueing the rest of them, just gotta cross my fingers on the sexing though. The 6th week begins may 18th.

I can get close ups of each of the kids later on, I just wanted to toss something up real quick to see what others think, get some opinions going.

Also, the one on the far left(Near the green cabinet), if anyone can distinguish orientation, is an experiment. My previous closet ran out of space when it was time to put 7x 5 gallon pots in, so I left one (the aforementioned plant) out of the closet with a single 100w CFL bulb mere inchest from the top until it got too tall, at which point I decided to try topping it. Some of the older growth isn't doing too well, very dark green with leaf edges folding up, the new growth seems to be doing surprisingly well. It's going to actually develop 2 main colas. or ball sack growy things, whatever the male equivalent is lol.

Also, not sure if this is strain specific, but the closet already has a nice kushy dank smell to it. Maintaining 18/6 lighting so no possible flowering yet.

Lastly, I figure end game is important as well. Once mothers are well established I plan to use a DIY aero cloner to take 30 clones a month, and rotate 2 flowering closets in a SOG manner to be able to perpetually harvest once a month. Will definitely be switching away from FFOF to my own mixed soil after these first few turn overs just for less worry about drainage and nutrient burn. And obviously pricing lol.

Any advice or tips anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Can also answer any questions anyone has.

Can't figure out posting individual images here right now, but here's my gallery. All 14 images are from this grow, and newer images are at the front of the gallery (Lights off in the closet, almost 4 weeks into veg), to seedlings in the smaller closet on page two.

Reasons Gallery - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

Use the camera icon in the Quick Reply menu or the 'My Photos' tab in the bottom left to embed your photos into your post. :thumb:
Thanks man. Using my phone so no option for "my photos" so i'll just post my newest pics of the kids during lights on.

420-magazine-mobile1973254587.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1682930539.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1126242458.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1187207007.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1239199252.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1267559392.jpg
420-magazine-mobile737201094.jpg

Bump! Any feedback is appreciated. The flushed plant is recovering. Will the clawing go away or will new growth just not be affected? Is there anything odd about having input and output ph reading the same even though a ph/nutrient issue is evident? Do ph strips lose the ability to give an accurate reading? Looking to upgrade to a ph pen or possibly a ph/ec combo so I can actually have the ph to a decimal point.

Back
Top Bottom