Bronxboy's Amnesia Haze Auto: 2nd Ever Grow

BronxBoy

This is my 2nd grow and my first journal. Thank you all for all the great advice you've given me via all the historical posts on here. I hope to entertain you with my journey on this grow as much as I've enjoyed all of your journals.

My 1st grow is still drying as I start this one. It was a single Amnesia Haze auto, grown in organic soil in a 2'x2' tent indoors. My only goal was to raise her successfully through harvest and to learn - I didn't care about yields or anything else. Now that I did that I want to step up my game and complete a quality grow, so here we go!

I'm germinating three Amnesia Haze Autoflower seeds now. As you can see from the pic they may be ready to go in the ground in the next day or so.
IMG_135234.JPG

I'll be growing these girls in organic soil with only Ecoscraps 5-5-5 food mixed in the soil. Other than molasses I don't plan on using any other nutes or chemicals unless my girls show signs of distress.

My first grow was in a 5-gallon planter so the roots took up a lot of room and the plant took forever to mature. This time, I'm starting two of these in pretty small containers (about the size of 10-12 oz cups) and will move them to gallon pots at some point. The third I'm starting in a quart-sized planter and I haven't decided whether or not I'll transplant her.

Finally, I'm growing indoors in my 2'x2' tent using dual 6500k CFLs in a reflector, which I will switch to 2700k CFLs during flowering (or not). I'll go 24/0 during veg and figure out what I want to do during flower: either 20/4 or 18/6.

Week 2, Day 1
Had a bit of an adventure with germinating/planting. First, in the pic above I planted the two outside seeds on 6/24 but the seed in the middle was still short, about .5cm so I gave it some more time but by 6/26 it had not even given me a full 1cm. Figuring it wasn't going to make it, I planted it anyway and I was right: it didn't make it.

Both 'good' seeds sprouted normally, but one of them didn't really grown down while sprouting and the entire 1.5cm root/stalk fell over and laid on the surface of the soil. Figuring she wasn't going to make it either, I carefully re-planted about 1cm under the soil with just the tiny green leaves above ground. I was wrong: she looks like she's taking root and is starting to sprout normally. It's only been two days since my rescue but I think she's going to make it after all.
IMG_136136.JPG

When I thought I was down to just one plant in this grow I germinated another seed. That bad girl gave me about 2cm of root to plant, almost overnight, so she went in the ground this morning.

BTW, the first sprout is growing just fine.
IMG_136339.JPG

Sad to say I've killed all three plants with excessive heat. My stealth tent is in a place where, even with fans generating good bottom-to-top-and-out airflow, it just got too darn hot. It's a shame, but I don't have the option of keeping them in an air conditioned spot. Oh well.

I'll give it another go in late August/early September, when I don't have to worry about extended heatwaves for the lifecycle of the plants. At least I learned that I can't grow in the summertime because of where I need to keep my tent.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom