Cheesesteak's Soil Amnesia Haze Auto & Stardawg Grow Journal, 2018

Hey everyone! Looking for some opinions, came home today and found a couple middle leaves of Amnesia Haze have yellow spots. Maybe calcium def?

Extra info: No nutes have been added at all during this grow. Amnesia Haze was recently transplanted into a 3 gal Smart Pot (5 days ago). Stardawg was transplanted into a 3 gal Smart Pot (10 days ago) with no issues. Both have same soil (Ocean Forest). I figured the soil would keep the nutrients present for a couple more weeks before I had to add any solutions. Will be checking pH here shortly but from previous tests all has been consistent.

full

Update: soil pH is fine.

@Bilbobudkin420 @Pennywise

Doesn't look like the coloration has spread at all or gotten any worse, but I am also moving some focus to Stardawg. While growing very well, I noticed some VERY minor signs of decay on one of the leaves. I am also still not able to sex it, while Amnesia Haze has 4 nodes of wiry pistils. In fact, in the past 3 days, that sucker has grown a TON both outward and upward, will grab a few pics in a minute.

At this point, Stardawg is on day 46 with no signs of sex, and Amnesia Haze is on day 22 showing off her goods all over the place lol.

Any concerns so far? I think it's time to look at nutes. What's a good recommendation for them? I wish they were on the same cycle of life, that'd make it easier.

Aaaand here's some eye candy for ya:

Both of them together
full

Looks like it's time for more LST for Stardawg (Day 46)
full

full

Amnesia Haze (Day 22)
full

full
They look happy my friend. I wouldnt worry too much about the minor lightening of leaves it looks like natural fade to me. Keep an eye on it just in case though.
That stardawg is a beast, love the training. That ammy still got some stretchin to do especially if shes just starting to throw out pistils.

They look happy my friend. I wouldnt worry too much about the minor lightening of leaves it looks like natural fade to me. Keep an eye on it just in case though.
That stardawg is a beast, love the training. That ammy still got some stretchin to do especially if shes just starting to throw out pistils.
New growth looks good, the spotty leaf is old.

Thank you both for the feedback!

Take a load off, happy to have you here! Did you make any journals for the Amnesia Haze? I'd love to see!

It’s in the completed journal section:
Tio Hector's Indoor Auto Grow - Purple Kush, Northern Lights, Cheese, Amnesia
Not a stellar grow but I was ok with it, had a lot of low humidity issues and battled keeping temps steady
I got one of those THC test strips and they tested red so +20 thc
Gracias

It’s in the completed journal section:
Tio Hector's Indoor Auto Grow - Purple Kush, Northern Lights, Cheese, Amnesia
Not a stellar grow but I was ok with it, had a lot of low humidity issues and battled keeping temps steady
I got one of those THC test strips and they tested red so +20 thc
Gracias

Just read through it all, and learned about doing ponytails along the way! Great log and I'll definitely be doing that with my next set of Amnesia.

Decided to move Stardawg into it's own cozy tent, things were just getting too crowded in there! While I was at it I took some pictures right after the move.

Amnesia Haze - Day 27
full

full

full

Stardawg - Day 51 - gonna let this one veg maybe 7-10 more days and toss it into flower and give it its first bloom nutes. Pics are void of fans but they will be in there shortly.
full

full

A little anxious to find out whether I'm growing a male or female on Stardawg, but I will know soon enough!

They look lush and healthy
Amnesia looks amazing

Thank you! I'm sure we all share in the feeling of a kind of parental relationship with our plants, seeing them healthy and happy makes me happy (and soon healthy as well if you know what I mean).

Honestly I am super surprised at what I've been able to do with a first grow. Still far from perfect and I've still got a ways to go to make sure everything ends up good so my journey of learning is only just beginning.

Went away for the weekend and had to leave the kids behind. Came back to Amnesia Haze still going strong, but Stardawg was looking reaaaaal sad. Picked up the pot and it was bone dry despite having been watered well right before I left. But, a good feeding and 12 hours later, it's perked right back up. There just is no killing this plant (knock on wood).

Here are some pics!

Amnesia Haze (Day 31) - just received second ever feeding of Bloom nutes, doing every other feeding with 2 tbsp per gallon (vs recommended 4 tbsp on bottle). I see a little curl there on that one single leaf so I'm monitoring closely for nute burn.

Stardawg (Day 55 and flipping 12/12 tonight) - When I got home last night, my heart broke

Stardawg 12 hours later, heart unbroken.

In other news, I am starting to notice the soil isn't absorbing as easily as it used to - despite being dry - and that the water will pour out the sides of the fabric pots long before it would have reached the bottom of the soil. Any thoughts on that? I know watering properly is absolutely critical right now.

Back
Top Bottom