Lady Bugs & Mites? Pics

ptk2k

Hey everyone, so I had a mite infestation in one of my experimental grows. Once I noticed it I threw all the plants away seeing as it they were just experiments anyhow. However, I found some mites on my main grow as well! I've been vegging these babies just about three months now so I wasn't about to let the mites take over. I started off using a home made habanero pepper spray, seemed to decrease the numbers but not completely. So I got a No-Pest Strip (dichlorvos) I've been sealing the grow off and hanging it up in there every other night for a week now and it seems to be doing the trick! I've also been spraying them with water mixed with one drop of dish soap. After a very, VERY close inspection today, I only found one mite. SO- my question is: If I were to stop using the No-Pest Strip soon, and released a number of lady bugs into the grow, would they eradicate the remaining mites? I just want to be 100% sure they're all gone before I start flowering. Any advice helps! Thanks! :blunt:

image1_18_.JPG
image2_14_.JPG
image5_4_.JPG
image3_11_.JPG

re: Lady Bugs & Mites? Pics

I tried ladybugs a couple times. First time was 1000 ladybugs, then the second time I bought a container of 5000. They may or may not have eaten some mites but most of them flew into the lights and died. Mostly they spend their time wandering around trying to get out. I doubt if they would get all the mites down to the last one. It seemed like a nice idea, but it didn't work and I felt bad for the ladybugs. Neem oil eventually did the job.

It was actually mite-rid that I used (I just called it neem to keep things simple- neem oil being the main active ingredient).
I fought those bastards for a couple years before the mite-rid slayed them. The problem was that they got into my garden and greenhouse as well and kept reinvesting my grow. Mite rid applied two or three times, spaced applications a couple weeks apart, to the entire plant growing area of my life did the job. You need something systemic like that so the plant itself becomes toxic to the mites. Then the plants act as a trap for any wandering strays, and in my experience there are always wandering strays and hidden eggs. No one-time spray can ever get them all once they're established.

All you have to do is miss one egg or one small baby mite and you will be saying the same thing I do every 7 to 9 days, "Their back!"
One way to keep your lady bugs alive is to play romantic music for them like I did. Laugh if you want, but the proof is in the pudding!

DSC_079812.jpg
DSC_03758.jpg
IMG_069433.jpg

Some enchanted evening....

Hahahahahaaaaaa! Romantic music.....lol

Hey, my 'for what it's worth' is SNS 209. Systemic and works great! Not cheap! I am done with spraying - washing - praying. Starting from Young 'uns to finish. I let up on it in one tent and they were back in a few weeks. So......

Good Luck!
Andy. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom