Should I be worried? - 1st time grower

ZeroNW

Hey I have been around growers my whole life growing up and have finally decided to try growing some myself. I started my plants back in March or possibly late February. I have 2 plants from mystery seeds that I got from a family member. So I am not sure of the strain, I live in Oregon and this last week we had some pretty crazy heat. (around 95F outside for 2-3 days) My plants got what looks like light burn or something, people have been telling me it might be nutrient burn other things, but I want to hear from some more experienced growers on what they think. They have been outside for 5-6 weeks now, and in raised beds for only a few days, this happened when they were still in very small pots for their size (6 Gallon pots I believe lol...) so yeah, here are some pictures.

TLDR; Should I be worried about how my plants look? I took these today (6-12-2016).

What I am worried about (looks like burning on leaf, they had brown burn / curling on the tips so I cut the tips. (good idea of bad?):

4BTy62u.jpg

fbS3Sqf.jpg

7sfS7B7.jpg

CeLDKou.jpg

Here are the 2 plants from further away. (I haven't watered them in a day trying to let them spread roots):

s2EFRMb.jpg

MI871p6.jpg

What are you feeding it? what is your ppm count when feeding? And how often are you feeding?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

What are you feeding it? what is your ppm count when feeding? And how often are you feeding?

I haven't been feeding often lately because I am trying to check if it is nutrient burn or something else, but in the last 2 weeks I have fed them twice, with Dyna-Gro Foliage Pro, 700-800PPM 1 gallon each

I haven't been feeding often lately because I am trying to check if it is nutrient burn or something else, but in the last 2 weeks I have fed them twice, with Dyna-Gro Foliage Pro, 700-800PPM 1 gallon each
It could be nutrient burn but your plants look big and healthy enough to take 800ppm i wouldnt be to worried about a couple leafs turning

I agree a few small leaves among a bigger plant like yours is not much to worry about. If you had a serious nutrient deficiency it would effect a larger percentage of the plant.

Try humboldt nutrients, some of the brands use different additives and it can make for a complicated diagnosis in situations like here.

What part of Oregon are you? I'm in the Eugene area. Your plants are doing ok. The weather has been so up and down that two weeks of 80's then two weeks of dark cold dismal rain then repeat we are in the rainy cold period again has my Bubba kush confused she tried to flower which caused some very similar leaves on her compared to yours so i added some epsom and calcium to a plain ph'd water watering and it cleared up, or you could try foliar feed with it, i just like to feed through the roots. The leaves will perk up when it warms up. Mine are in 10 gallon fabric pots so i bring them in when its cold the last two nights were pretty cold so they slept inside it was 39 degrees f two nights ago and low 40's last night. Good luck bud and welcome.

What part of Oregon are you? I'm in the Eugene area. Your plants are doing ok. The weather has been so up and down that two weeks of 80's then two weeks of dark cold dismal rain then repeat we are in the rainy cold period again has my Bubba kush confused she tried to flower which caused some very similar leaves on her compared to yours so i added some epsom and calcium to a plain ph'd water watering and it cleared up, or you could try foliar feed with it, i just like to feed through the roots. The leaves will perk up when it warms up. Mine are in 10 gallon fabric pots so i bring them in when its cold the last two nights were pretty cold so they slept inside it was 39 degrees f two nights ago and low 40's last night. Good luck bud and welcome.

Hey man, yeah seems to be the issue with mine (Mag / Calc deficiency) I am also in the Eugene area, thanks for the welcome, been enjoying the community and growing since I have started, these babies perked up, one still has what looks like Mag / Cal defiences also, gonna give it some epson salts. I left mine outside in the cold since it wasn't gonna be below 35, I was told that is when I should worry a lot.

BTW - When I give her some Epson / Cal in water, I should PH the water after right?.. :thanks:

Yeah definitely ph the water the affected leaves won't green up but it should help keep the rest green and you probably wont need it again till the end of July

Back
Top Bottom