New Grower - Need help identifying deficiencies

spankegti

Hello 420 community!

This is my first "legitimate" attempt at growing some quality medicine. I have been using RO water with a ph around 6.5. Happy Frog soil mixed with %50 perlite. They only spent 4 days under 2 t8 lights and have been under a Mars Hydro 1600 (veg switch is about 500watts from the wall). The LED was 24 inches above plants at first but after week 2 I noticed some curling leaves and moved it to 30 inches. I regret buying the Mars Hydro after further research... but thats another subject. The plants in the pictures below are day 20 from seedling. I suspected I might have calcium and magnesium deficiencies. After the first week I started to add 1-2ml of molasses per gallon of water with feeding as I thought that might help. The last feeding I gave the plants a hair too much nutes (fox farm grow big) 500ppm which is the tips burning in the first pic.

420-magazine-mobile471969374.jpg

Blochy lighter colored spot

420-magazine-mobile47705688.jpg

Same Plant as above some discolored dots

420-magazine-mobile848810626.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1908290738.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1297631728.jpg

I have ordered cal-mag which should be arriving tomorrow on feeding day. Should that resolve the issues above and what would you recommend for the dosage of cal-mag per gallon.

Thanks for your time,

Sorry for the purple pics. I can put some better ones up if they are needed.

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420

Re: (New Grower) need help identifying deficiencies

Looks like a slight touch of nute burn. But it's hard to tell with purple lights. It's always best to take pics in normal light.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Hello 420 community!

This is my first "legitimate" attempt at growing some quality medicine. I have been using RO water with a ph around 6.5. Happy Frog soil mixed with %50 perlite. They only spent 4 days under 2 t8 lights and have been under a Mars Hydro 1600 (veg switch is about 500watts from the wall). The LED was 24 inches above plants at first but after week 2 I noticed some curling leaves and moved it to 30 inches. I regret buying the Mars Hydro after further research... but thats another subject. The plants in the pictures below are day 20 from seedling. I suspected I might have calcium and magnesium deficiencies. After the first week I started to add 1-2ml of molasses per gallon of water with feeding as I thought that might help. The last feeding I gave the plants a hair too much nutes (fox farm grow big) 500ppm which is the tips burning in the first pic.

420-magazine-mobile471969374.jpg

Blochy lighter colored spot

420-magazine-mobile47705688.jpg

Same Plant as above some discolored dots

420-magazine-mobile848810626.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1908290738.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1297631728.jpg

I have ordered cal-mag which should be arriving tomorrow on feeding day. Should that resolve the issues above and what would you recommend for the dosage of cal-mag per gallon.

Thanks for your time,

Sorry for the purple pics. I can put some better ones up if they are needed.

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420

Try flying skull.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Try flying skull.

I already ordered cal-mag and on a tight budget so trying to work with what I've got for now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Some non-purple pictures

420-magazine-mobile905429089.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1089698470.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1554264735.jpg

420-magazine-mobile966239695.jpg

Some non-purple pictures

420-magazine-mobile905429089.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1089698470.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1554264735.jpg

420-magazine-mobile966239695.jpg

Maybe dry her out. Totally. Followed by a feed with significant run-off.

Maybe dry her out. Totally. Followed by a feed with significant run-off.

I should still add cal-mag to that feeding?

I should still add cal-mag to that feeding?

I don't have experience with cal-mag, but I would imagine so!

I think its a nut burn from happy frog lay off water she will be great. Cheack my grow out I use 2 300 w mars stoneydee

Sent from my LG-LS997 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Have you thought about raising your light again?

Thats not a bad idea.. couldn't hurt to stretch them a little

those twitchy leaves usually indicates Ph issues ... try to get a ph reading of your runoff ... other than that they seem fine to me

pt

somehow that molasses keeps drifting in my mind ... i have no clue why ... unsulfered is to obvious ... i dunno ...anyone else ?
Last time I feed them the runoff was 6 - 6.4. Going to feed them 6.7 range next feeding I think.

Last time I feed them the runoff was 6 - 6.4. Going to feed them 6.7 range next feeding I think.

dont mess with the ph ... i have had those leaves to ... they will stay curly but newer growth already looks less or not affected ...wait it out .... keep an eye on the leaftips if they start to pale flush... ...dont panic soil is the medium that is most forgiving ...

Pt

dont mess with the ph ... i have had those leaves to ... they will stay curly but newer growth already looks less or not affected ...wait it out .... keep an eye on the leaftips if they start to pale flush... ...dont panic soil is the medium that is most forgiving ...

Pt
Thank you, that's reassuring

I ended up starting a grow journel. Not sure how to link it, but they have improved. I moved the light up and they ended up getting worse the next day. Decided it might have something to do with too much direct wind from the fan. Repositioned the fan to blow of the wall and now they are starting to perk back up. They just got their first cal-mag feeding 5ml - gal of water which was 6.7 ph @ 300ppm

The runoff ppm is 1ppt - close to 2ppt for a couple of the plants. I'm thinking I should continue with cal-mag and water with no other nutes for 2 more feedings to bring the nute concentration in the soil down some.

Back
Top Bottom