Help - Something is wrong I think - Close to harvest but?

Pinktiger777

These look funny, with all the new growth on the buds. Still not ready for harvest, as the trichomes are still clear. But what is this and how can I fix it?
We are nearing the end of the grow, and two days ago I changed the water and didn't put any nutes in.
My water PH is close to 8. I keep attempting to lower this PH, but it keeps going up. Is this the problem? Or is it my lighting? I have an LED 300 watt equiv., about 17 inches from plants. This is a hydro grow, using nets to "scrog", and using ebb and flow method.
DSCF15266.jpg

View image in gallery

The last two photos are taken before I flushed the plants with water. See the diff?

A ph of 8 is way to high yes- but that may not be a huge concern for water in soil. In any case it's not your main problem.
They look funny because they are revegging. I'm afraid your buds won't progress any more. The plants are going through a process of turning back into leafy veg growth and will take a long time before they are done that- then would have to start flowering all over again to produce better bud than you have now.
It's caused by problems with the light cycle. Interruptions or light leaks.

Unless you want to reveg them and flower all over again, I would use them to make hash or some other edible/concentrates with.

Ok, but light is 12/12 and in tent with no leaks. What do I do?

This is so disappointing. I have spent three months doing this and spent over $1000, and my spouse will kill me.
Is there no way to salvage it?
I live in a state where this is not OK, if you know what I mean. And I had to take a lot of family flak over this. It is for med reasons - I'm over 65. Got tired of buying it and spending $300 for an ounce.

Yes it's a drag. I've been through many failed grows including some reveg problems. As said - you'd be best to either use it for something like hash, or let it start over.
If you're going to use it for smoking then you should flush it and give it water only for a couple weeks before harvest- because it looks much too green and nutrient rich to harvest right now. But over the next two weeks it will probably continue to reveg and lose thc - so personally I would chop it now and make hash.
Don't let the wife push you around.
Check for light leaks and that your timers are doing what you think they are. Never go in the flowering room during the dark period unless you're operating with a green light and aren't letting any other light in. Make sure there are no light sources whatsoever in the room- very much including indicator lights on appliances and power bars.

Edit- as I like cheese said- you could try autos. The smoke may not be as good but at least you won't have to worry about light schedules so much.

Thanks. I will talk it over with hubby and decide from there. I am grateful for your advice!

I'm female! Lol.

Oh sorry I read 'wife' for some reason. I always try to stay gender neutral till told otherwise, even if your name is pink tiger. Well- don't let him kill you. This is normal stuff for all growers to go through.

He's cool, Burt only because I need it. Lol.
In the future, I would recommend going with autos. Especially if you are a new grower. I recommend Crop King's Seeds...Dwarf Low Flyer. Easy to order and can be ready as soon as 42days. It only gets to 24"tall as well. I've affectionately renamed it Bae*d!s Dwarf...after my wife (she absolutely loves this strain)...Im currently raising one with just tap water & molasses and have a journal going if you would like to check it out. I'm on my 3rd generation of her, hince the name Bae*d!s3......Its a real growers confidence boost and good to the (2) Vets in this house! Growing is therapeutic, but I'm pretty sure you know that already.

Sorry to hear about the reveg. Bright side is that if you make some good butter or edibles imo edibles last me longer then smoking plus more medicated.

Im curious as to why they would reveg if you have no leaks. Usually pin hole leaks or a quick interupt of dark cycle will cause hernies alot more often then reveg. Most times I find light schedules get screwed up. Timers can be tempermental and touchy. Have you double checked

Help - something is wrong, I think. Close to harvest but???

Yeah, I did. It is right. My hypothesis is, two weeks ago the plants nearly died because of Nute lockout. I believe stress did this. Maybe I should ride it out a bit and see what happens?

The unwanted reveg problems I've had in the past were caused by timer problems. Its usually either that or grower interruptions. It's not usually that easy to tell if your timer is doing what you think it is. I ended up wiring in little indicator lights outside my grow that turn on and off along with the timers/lights. Got tired of not knowing for sure what was going on in the flowering room.
I haven't known stress to cause a reveg but maybe it's possible.

You can ride it out if you want but it may taken a long time. Usually when they start revegging they take a few weeks to get back into normal veg growth- then you need to grow through a fairly bushy stage before they really start normal veg growth.

Back
Top Bottom