Any Suggestions For Spray To Prevent Caterpillars? Or Advice For Prevention?

furlee

My guys around me keep saying that they always get hit outdoors in Norcal with caterpillars.
Some suggested neem another offered chemical spray.
What to choose? I have none right now, just dont want my shit ate up. Anything i should do on the prevention level or no?
thanks in advance :thanks:

Re: Any Suggestions for Spray to Prevent Caterpillars? Or Advice for Prevention??

Maybe fine netting to keep the moths from laying eggs? (Just a crazy thought.)

Certainly not anything toxic on a crop meant for consumption by humans. Neem oil spray might be a good bet... seems to be good for what ails ya (bugs, mildew...)

Re: Any Suggestions for Spray to Prevent Caterpillars? Or Advice for Prevention??

Its not possible where I grow at to use netting. I have to move my plants during the day to get max sunlight and then again at night to get get max dark for flowering.
He had some herbicidal shit that he showed me. It showed tomatoes on the front of the bottle and specifically said that it killed budworms and caterpillars. It also said that it was ok to spray up until the day of harvest, right on the front of the bottle.
I wasn't sold. I need something that specifically gets and or prevents budworms and caterpillars that eat bud.
I'm open to anything that's organic, even if its outrageous. I've seen what this shit can do, and I want no parts of that!
Does the Neem work for caterpillars and budworms? I thought that was a spidermite/Thorp type product?
Does garlic or any other shit like that work?

For Example; does this sound safe to spray on my plant or no?

shopping6.jpg

Does the Neem work for caterpillars and budworms? I thought that was a spidermite/Thorp type product?

I don't know. I'm guessing that maybe they wouldn't care for it though. I'll bet if you keep asking someone here will know. Maybe on one of the various forums? Or on an organic, non-cannabis forum?

yup, i've been looking. that's where I run into problems,how far into budding to use it and how often to use it.

and whether it atually workd

Check out BT spray. (Bacillus Thuringiensis) Supposedly organic. Is used by many. but your choice if you want to smoke it.
I use mosquito netting and it completely eliminated the problem. You don't need to move your plants at night for max darkness once they've started flowering. You can find it online. Build yourself a hoop house covered with it.

OK, will checkout the BT been broke this last week waiting for a paycheck in the mail that never seems to arrive..
Here's my problem with lighting- My neighbor has a motion detector light that's got to be MH and really powerful, it flashes on and off and night and I really am afraid it will herm my plants.
Plus, where I move them to, makes it harder for would be thieves.

Check out BT spray. (Bacillus Thuringiensis) Supposedly organic. Is used by many. but your choice if you want to smoke it.
I use mosquito netting and it completely eliminated the problem. You don't need to move your plants at night for max darkness once they've started flowering. You can find it online. Build yourself a hoop house covered with it.

Yeah, BT is just the stuff for caterpillars! The bacteria don't affect us but they do love caterpillars. When we had a gypsy moth outbreak here, big helicopters were flying over the area spraying BT.

Back
Top Bottom