White powder mildew?

Heyblue

Had a problem with this last (also first) indoor grow.
I am being more diligent about keeping humidity down. I am also spraying neem oil once a week as a preventive. I read some use sm-90.
Question one, is neem oil or sm90 better or the same for preventive?
Question two, is spraying once a week a good action?
Question three, I have a small outdoor grow also this year in my veg. garden. The tomato plants are getting little white flies. Would one of the above products be good for the outdoor plants?
Thanks in advance for any comments, suggestions.

If you have powdery mildew, I think potassium bicarbonate is your best preventative. It is relatively inexpensive and nontoxic. Neem will work for whitflies but I'm not sure how effective it is for PM. I would not use neem every week for more than 2 or 3 times.

Thanks major;
The use instructions on the neem states re-applying every 7-14 days. What is the down side of doing that?
Anyone else with experience with neem or SP-90
Thanks to any and all who reply

I can't speak to SM-90 but with neem derivatives, I believe there are a couple potential problems. If used too often, the oil tends to clog the stomata and smother the leaves. It can also cause some phototoxicity under strong light.

I have been using SM-90 for a few weeks now to attempt to treat pm. It was suggested to me by a local grow store in my town. I am not having very good results with it. It does look like it possibly helps a small amount, but pm justo keeps coming back and spreading. I actually just joined this website while searching for a cure for pm, as the SM-90 seems to be ineffective for me and my grow. Thinking I am going to try one of the suggestions listed above.

I am trying NorCal Nutrients 86 Mites and Mold. I have been spraying this and baking soda water. Hard to tell if it's doing much good. Every night I am seeing more. I drenched them pretty well last feeding with the baking soda water, but it is still spreading. I gave them a good dose of 86 this morning.
I did use need oil when I had mites, and I either sprayed too strong or too often, and almost killed a couple of my girls, so be careful with it. It did almost entirely kill the mites, and the 86 seems to have mopped up the few remaining and I've been free of those bastards for about six months.
I does anyone know if lowering humidity below 50% will help with control? Or just prevention?
I hope this can be stopped.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Better tonight when I got home. Much less mold, only saw a couple of new spots. I have lowered my temps a bit so closer to 75 than 80. I may lower my dehumidifier a bit too. I have it set at 50% but it spikes up to 60 sometimes, and a good part of the day stays 35% to 50 %. I will continue to fight the mold with baking soda and 86 and anything else I can grab that won't kill the plant or bring on early onset Alzheimer's. On second thought it may be too late for early onset.
Edit: Am I going to open another can o worms if I lower RH?
Carry on

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom