Little black bugs are attacking my plants! Help!

Mmminny

Hi guys. I am still super new to growing. I have no idea how old my plants are... I now know to keep track...and they seem to be doing relatively ok... but there are flying tiny black bugs swarming them and they are starting to droop and the bottom leaves are turning yellow. I couldn't get a picture of the stupid bugs... they are too fast and ended up a blur. .
420-magazine-mobile1722555409.jpg
420-magazine-mobile505467844.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1122388851.jpg

Just wondering what I can do that's safe for them and if they are causing the droop and yellowing of the bottom leaves...???? I am so proud of them but am at a loss on how to help them!!!
Any comments would be greatly appreciated!!!
Have a great day ~M

I can't see what type of bugs they are. But if they are small and flying it's usually fungus gnats.
They like moist soil and can be a real pain. Your plants maybe droopy just because they are kind of lanky. The yellow leaves are fine. Those were the cotyledon leaves. That is normal.

I would top your pots off with either some worm castings, perlite, even a good layer of coco coir will work. This will (1)help support your plant better and (2) provide a layer on top of your soil that will prevent the gnats from laying eggs.
Also some fly sticky traps will help too. Happy growing

I would top your pots off with either some worm castings, perlite, even a good layer of coco coir will work. This will (1)help support your plant better and (2) provide a layer on top of your soil that will prevent the gnats from laying eggs.
Also some fly sticky traps will help too. Happy growing

Thank you!!! I removed about an inch of soil from each pot and filled them up with fresh new soil right about to the little yellowing round leaves. I will order some coco coir to finish topping then. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom