1 year old or more bud stash

Here is some of my 1 year old stash:

(G13) Pineapple Express
- The Pineapple flavor has diminished a bit, but the smoke is very smooth. Not as racy as it was 9 months ago.
- May require a few extra tokes to get a bigger buzz.
- Smell is not as loud.
==================
pe_1year.jpg

(Samsara) Green Love Potion
- I can still smell the lavender, but its not as loud.
- Smoke is much smoother, and the buzz is about the same as it was 9 months ago.
- Great for night time, and still will give you a hangover if you smoke too much.
============================================
glp_1year.jpg

(HSO) Blue Dream
- Blueberry smell is still quite strong.
- Color of the bud has turned a little brown.
- Smoke is smooth, and potency has mellowed out a bit, but still quite good.
- This has also become one I use at night, because its a little too heavy for daytime for me.
=====================================
bd_1year.jpg

I also have some 2+ year old Bag seed weed that smokes like a Indica, and will put you down. It has dried out a bit, but the smoke is not harsh. However, it will put you to sleep.

Found this while checking jars in the closet this summer. It is from my 2013 Querkle grow.
Still had good texture, could still take the grape, and the high was still there also.

20150506_081051.jpg
20150506_081028.jpg
20150506_080951.jpg

gr865,

Over 2 years, stored in a closet, and still get you high!! :thumb:

Justabluez,

I use a vacuum sealer on the jars that are in long storage. I did not know I still had some of that but it too had been vacuum sealed.

And it go us way stoned.

GR

Have been using this tool for years, as long as you are totally cured it will work. Do not put damp buds in there or you will lose everything you are trying to keep. I also put a Boveda 62RH in each jar, I have found that if the buds are not completely cured then the seal on the jars will not hold. After I seal, I will remove the band every few days to make sure the lid is stilled sealed. If it is not loose after checking it for a week or so then you should have cured buds that will not mold and with the Boveda pack in the jar it will keep for as long as it take for me to finish that jar.
The Querkle was the longest I have kept anything under seal and when I opened it it was still sealed and the bud was not dry and still flavorful. Look at the pic you can see it is not dried out.

20140101_134428.jpg

GR

I'm about to get one of those Vacuum sealers for mason jars.:thumb:

Man, just be sure you have them right before you seal them for long term, Check them every now and then, air them if necessary and reseal. My buddy put some in and did not check them periodically and man did they go bad, did not look that bad but they tasted of mold.

Good luck,

GR

I learned that lesson the hard way. I have a jar full of purple sweet deep grapefruit and a jar full of C99 that have both gone BAD. Both are almost 2 years old. However, I have decided to just keep it, and see what happens to it. The smell is quite bad from the old moldy bud!! I'm thinking about how Penicillin was discovered from the mold on some bread. So I figured I'd just let it ROT, and try to find information on the kind of mold it creates.......

- But I have ordered the jar sealer, and I will be sealing up the cured buds from now on!!

I don't have a picture of it yet (I will get on that and edit this post with an added photo) but I have a jar of Black Widow tops from June 9th of 2014...I refuse to open the jar until june 9th 2016...for a full 2 year sealed cure. The buds are the most requested for my collective and I had to shut off one patient because we are down to that last jar (about an ounce) and it is straight head stash! i did promise several folks that I would invite them over to open the jar and smoke it up...I plan on "re-jarring" it in 3-5 gram jars and hope to keep one of them to the 4 year mark...maybe even longer!

Anyone have experience with buds over 2 years? I hear they can lose potency and taste however, i heard DJ Short say some of his cultivars are best after a couple years cure...

I don't have a picture of it yet (I will get on that and edit this post with an added photo) but I have a jar of Black Widow tops from June 9th of 2014...I refuse to open the jar until june 9th 2016...for a full 2 year sealed cure. The buds are the most requested for my collective and I had to shut off one patient because we are down to that last jar (about an ounce) and it is straight head stash! i did promise several folks that I would invite them over to open the jar and smoke it up...I plan on "re-jarring" it in 3-5 gram jars and hope to keep one of them to the 4 year mark...maybe even longer!

Anyone have experience with buds over 2 years? I hear they can lose potency and taste however, i heard DJ Short say some of his cultivars are best after a couple years cure...

I was disappointed in my Black Widow grow. 2 of 5 germed, one was not a bad high, not great though. The second was a total fuck, big, bushy, very thin stretched buds, low yield. It was just that pheno but I expected more from that grow.

GR

I was disappointed in my Black Widow grow. 2 of 5 germed, one was not a bad high, not great though. The second was a total fuck, big, bushy, very thin stretched buds, low yield. It was just that pheno but I expected more from that grow.

GR

I was not too impressed at first...and I found a mother based on early veg smell, structure etc. I started 10 seeds, got 3 males and 7 females, culled all but 1 male and cloned the 3 best phenos of the 7 females. the other 4 went outside for shits and giggles and the 3 moms plus the clones, minus the best clone from the best mom went into flower. The breeding male (nice smell, christmas tree structure, and early/full flowering) and that clone went into a breeding room and I now have about 100 seeds from my best phenos...I will grow them out (like 25 of them) this fall and choose the best mothers as a Widow BX and seed them too.

As for the taste, high and overall impression...everyone who touches it, loves it...they call it "breakfast pot", or "daytime coffee". It has a real cat-piss smell in the jar and the hash is very resinous and pine pitch smelling with all sorts of cedar and eucalyptus taste and smell...super clear high with both flowers and water hash. I would not smoke it after dinner though...you will be up all night! The high lasts for about 3-4 hours and has no comedown at all...it just eases you back into normal perception...

I found that the pheno with less branching, tighter structure, nodes about 3-4 cm apart in weeks 2-4 of veg and has the early ammonia/cedar/spice smell in the first week...right from the first set of 5 bladed leaflets. Leaf is pretty even size, typical hybrid. Some leaf and structure leans towards a more open structure, thin leaflets associated with the term "sativa" and the other least desirable pheno was the bushy, heavy vegging, tight internodes etc...that stuff was very "middle of the road" and not worth growing if you can find that tight branching, stinky pheno...

urmom,

Interesting, I had one nice structured plant but just was not impressed that much, the other one, there was no decision to be made, it went to the compost pile. Both of the parents went to the compost pile, Have a few seeds left, may try them again at some point. Gave five of the 18 seed to a buddy in NM, he had one female out of the 5. He is growing it now and says it is long and thin, he just began flower so will hear about that soon.

GR

My (WOS) Colombian Gold is over 1 year old, and it almost feels like medicinal coffee. Perks me up with a clear, energetic , calm hi. I will have to grow that one again!!

Here is some of my 1 year old stash:

(G13) Pineapple Express
- The Pineapple flavor has diminished a bit, but the smoke is very smooth. Not as racy as it was 9 months ago.
- May require a few extra tokes to get a bigger buzz.
- Smell is not as loud.
==================
pe_1year.jpg

(Samsara) Green Love Potion
- I can still smell the lavender, but its not as loud.
- Smoke is much smoother, and the buzz is about the same as it was 9 months ago.
- Great for night time, and still will give you a hangover if you smoke too much.
============================================
glp_1year.jpg

(HSO) Blue Dream
- Blueberry smell is still quite strong.
- Color of the bud has turned a little brown.
- Smoke is smooth, and potency has mellowed out a bit, but still quite good.
- This has also become one I use at night, because its a little too heavy for daytime for me.
=====================================
bd_1year.jpg

I also have some 2+ year old Bag seed weed that smokes like a Indica, and will put you down. It has dried out a bit, but the smoke is not harsh. However, it will put you to sleep.
Smell ain't loud . Smell doesn't have any sound it's the aroma that gives you your fragrance

So this weekend I pull out a one gallon jar with two zips of G13 Haze that I grew in the spring of 17'. I have not smoke much of it as I save it for adding to my FECO batches.
I don't smoke much Sativa due to the grow height. Well damn I was impressed. Fragrance was there and the Sativa high was wonderfully light, bright headed and silly. Loved it!

Back
Top Bottom