10 Gallon Bubble / Diesel Ryder Auto Fem / 400W HID

Day 32

Now keeping about 5 gallons of water in res. In this I have 4 tsp of molasses, 52.5ml of florabloom, 35ml of floramicro, 17.5ml of floragro, and 17.5ml of koolbloom. No other additives being used. Plants are doing fine, except they refuse to stay upright. Had to rig up some trusses to hold them up, and use 3 lb weights to seat netpots securely. Next res will have anchors set directly into the lid, along with the other attachments I have planned from this grow.

Plant 1 has finally stopped growing upward it seems, which still leaves it a good 6 inches taller than the other two. Plant 2 is leaning over, netpot and all, which I am allowing, it is getting more of its own personal space this way. Plant 3, which started flowering 4-5 days earlier (non symmetrical growth a full node earlier) looks gorgeous, I hope the other two catch up to it in mass.

Res temps have been a complete non-issue since the chiller, which is good, because getting the lid off the res now is damn near impossible. Using the empty hole for pH checks, drains, and refills.

Plants are drinking me out of house and home. Making 5 gallons of water every 2-3 days now to refill. Once a week I am flushing the plants through the netpots with just pHed water to remove salts from the roots that are above water level.

the girls
IMGP7169.JPG

plant 1
IMGP7170.JPG

plant 2
IMGP7171.JPG

plant 3
IMGP7173.JPG

Day 33

Two gallons of nute solution added today. Plants are ravenous eaters now. Bottom leaves of all three plants yellow and curling up, very little light penetration to the bottom now, maybe just redistributing N around as they are flowering. Plants are solid, and the stems leave a wonderful scent on your fingertips. Biggest buds on plants 1 and 3 as big around as my thumb now. Plant 2 has been starving for better light, less impressive buds. Not every plant can be a rockstar, I guess.

pH still solid, nute solution in res looks disgusting. My own little primordial soup. Koolbloom and molasses have given it such a strange odor, like a geriatric woman's house that just made cookies.

Added supplemental lighting as the HPS has to sit so high thanks to plant 1 growing to the moon. The seedbank did say sometimes these little bastards grow tall, guess I got one of those tall ones. Ran a fixture down and put in a splitter for 2 energystar 23W CFLs at 2700K to give more light to the short plants. Cost was tiny, might add even more in the future for the early misty grow, those girls will be beastly in comparison.

Checked out a sugarleaf from plant 3 under my microscope, trichomes are filling in and fattening up already, though you can barely see the frost on the leaves yet with the naked eye. Today is only day 10 of official flowering, any trichomes at this point is a happy occasion.

No more pics of the roots, as getting the res top off takes a tiny army to do safely. Word of advice to anyone considering this set up, go bigger than you think you need to when it comes to a res. Or go buckets, but that makes chiller less effective. This flimsy 10 gallon is nowhere near the container I wish I had going, and this is just 3 "dwarf" (yeah right) plants. Next res will be 27 gallon for 4 plants. Rigid top. Tie downs in the lid for trussing, with bolted down netcups. Seriously, do this stuff before the plants tell you they need it, I can't go back and fix these problems easily now, would have taken 20 minutes before I stuck the plants in.

the girls
IMG_001314.JPG

plant 1
IMG_001415.JPG

plant 2
IMG_001517.JPG

plant 3
IMG_001617.JPG

new lighting
IMG_001718.JPG

One hell of a bush you got going there Basement! Literal Christmas Tree!

SG

Thanks! I just wish I could get that damn tall plant to calm down on upward mobility. She grew another 2 inches overnight, getting desperately close to the lights now, I might have to take some drastic action. I set this up thinking these plants would be short. Everyone says they would be short. They are not short....

I will most likely have to tie down the top of plant 1 even though she is flowering, better some LST stress in flower than incineration from the light she desperately strives for.

Day 34

It is hard to imagine that these were seeds just 34 days ago.

Tied down plant 1 at 6:30pm. At 8:30pm she had already reoriented herself toward the light. Did not expect such a quick bounce back. No longer a threat to light burns, as even if she grows skyward some more, her central stalk is no longer directly under the light.

pH sitting steady at 5.8.

Res temps at 69F.

Air temp at 80F.

RH at 50%.

Plant 1 filling in nicely. Plant 2 still runty, but producing. Plant 3 already frosting up visibly with the naked eye.

Fed 2.5 gallons of nutes, mixed from fresh well water after a long rain, came out of the well at 5.8pH. Could not ask for better than that. Still on same schedule, 17.5/35/52.5 gro/micro/bloom with 17.5koolbloom and 4tsp molasses. Might kick it up 5mil across the board next nute mix.

girls
IMG_001814.JPG

plant 1
IMG_002014.JPG

plant 2
IMG_002114.JPG

plant 3
IMG_002214.JPG

plant 1 tied down and readjusted, she was like this just 2 hours after being tied, the entire stalk ran parallel to the floor when tied up
IMG_001917.JPG

Took me awhile reading, but am not caught up on your grow. Very impressive bushes indeed. I did some LR2 three years ago on 18 hours light from seed and finished in 70 days. The auto flowering plants are a fun grow. Now I run a perpetual grow on 12/12. Enjoyed your journal.

Took me awhile reading, but am not caught up on your grow. Very impressive bushes indeed. I did some LR2 three years ago on 18 hours light from seed and finished in 70 days. The auto flowering plants are a fun grow. Now I run a perpetual grow on 12/12. Enjoyed your journal.

Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed it. Did your autoflowers come out nicely? How was the quality? I have heard great things about the LR strains and the hybrids, but have no experience with them myself.

It was a good smoke and I enjoyed it. I have some pics in the gallery, but none were as bushy as your plants.

Day 37

pH finally started to move. Have a feeling roots have made it into the pump and have been chopped up. Can't remove lid without a massive pain, so I will just monitor the pH diligently. Made a DIY filter box for the next res, won't fit in this one.

Res change today, same schedule of nutes as before, minus the molasses. Roots should have a good amount of aerobic bacteria going now and the koolbloom should keep them fed. Will most likely add molasses to next change, but did not want to burn the plants up too much by running so hot. Saw minor nuteburn signs from my mix, glad I did not push nutes harder, could have been problematic.

Removed one sugarleaf from plant 3 and checked it under the microscope. Confusing data. Trichomes were almost all cloudy, this girl should have at *LEAST* three more weeks to go.

Plants are starting to smell delicious.

Stems are thick, and under constant assault by the fan, hopefully beefing them up.

Plant 1 has finally slowed upward growth, though buds are not growing as quickly as I had hoped.

Plant 2 is doing fine, just middle of the road. Not as big, not as thick, not as full of buds.

Plant 3 is trying to grow up too fast, but buds are starting to look nice. Trichomes showing all over. Hopefully this plant does not try to go amber super early, as harvesting one plant early will be a massive pain, since the res lid is pretty much stuck where it is for now without a massive undertaking. Do not relish the thought of root cutting to get her out early.

Am I crazy, or are the plants looking more and more sativa each day? Is NYC Diesel a mostly sativa strain?

girls
IMG_002314.JPG

plant 1
IMG_002416.JPG

plant 2
IMG_002511.JPG

plant 3
IMG_00268.JPG

plant 1 stem
IMG_00278.JPG

plant 3 undergrowth
IMG_002810.JPG