15 day old seedlings need help

Lonerandstonerforever

Hello all I have three 15 day old seedlings that last nigh decided to start curling and the two top leaves on a few had a bit of a crisp I have three guesses as to why this happened one they didn't have enough water I now watered and it looks a bit better on a few my second guess was heat issue as it is hot in the room my third is the type of soil I'm using which is some kind of miracle grow it's not what I usually grow with I think it might be to hot of soil any advice is very helpful
Screenshot_20220725-092822~2.png

Screenshot_20220725-092842~2.png

Screenshot_20220725-092830~2.png

I would say whatever your instincts are...trust them. Any dirt farmer worth a lick will tell you that we don't grow plant...plants grow themselves..we farm dirt. Looks like you got in ground soil..or raised bed blend...either way MG dirt is absolute trash. I can tell you that soil you got will compact on you so bad in container it will be near impossible to be successful. This is what you want your soil to look like...it's a proprietary blend of coco, compost, lava pumice, sandy loam and organic nutes designed by Los Alamos National Labs.

20220725_084332.jpg

I would say whatever your instincts are...trust them. Any dirt farmer worth a lick will tell you that we don't grow plant...plants grow themselves..we farm dirt. Looks like you got in ground soil..or raised bed blend...either way MG dirt is absolute trash. I can tell you that soil you got will compact on you so bad in container it will be near impossible to be successful. This is what you want your soil to look like...it's a proprietary blend of coco, compost, lava pumice, sandy loam and organic nutes designed by Los Alamos National Labs.

20220725_084332.jpg
I agree miracle grow is trash I've ever used it before it's all they had in stock sadly I went with it I might take a trip and buy some better soil and transplant them

Hot conditions plus hot soil equals nothing good for any plant. They are a little too young for anything but ph’d water. Get your temps down to at least seventy five Fahrenheit and, if possible, try to get them out of that miracle grow potting soil and into something more like what @Phytoplankton recommended.

I get 3 CU foot bags for $22/bag (21 gallons). A soils/growers warehouse in Santa Rosa, Ca. about 45 minutes from where I live.
You a lucky SOB...I wish man...the best I can do is $26 for 1.5cuft. I now get a blend from a local company for $0.85 a gal with a minimum order of 3 cu yd. All I got to do is water for two weeks and let cool down
..no more mixing :)

You a lucky SOB...I wish man...the best I can do is $26 for 1.5cuft. I now get a blend from a local company for $0.85 a gal with a minimum order of 3 cu yd. All I got to do is water for two weeks and let cool down
..no more mixing :)
I was amazed when I found it at that price, thought it was a mis-mark, but I've gotten it three times at that price, last time I got 10 bags. Normal price in most places for the 1.5 Cu ft. bag is around $30, I don't know how they do it. I have a feeling they pick it up by the truckload, directly from Fox Farm in Humboldt Co., which is not too far away.
There's also a soil place that I used to use, they made a "420 Mix", it's $140/cu yard. It's great soil, but since the pandemic they haven't been able to get all the ingredients to make it.

I was amazed when I found it at that price, thought it was a mis-mark, but I've gotten it three times at that price, last time I got 10 bags. Normal price in most places for the 1.5 Cu ft. bag is around $30, I don't know how they do it. I have a feeling they pick it up by the truckload, directly from Fox Farm in Humboldt Co., which is not too far away.
There's also a soil place that I used to use, they made a "420 Mix", it's $140/cu yard. It's great soil, but since the pandemic they haven't been able to get all the ingredients to make it.
You're killing it!!

Hey guys thanks for all the info so I'm a bit paranoid when I buy soil here because it's a bit different of you but to much at the wrong time of year it looks a bit suspicious..
I usually go to home Depot and my previous soil was vigoro can I get any of the stuff you guys mentioned there besides fox farms I know I can't get that there they told me they didn't have it I'm changing soils tomorrow the plants are officially dead all 5! :(

Hey guys thanks for all the info so I'm a bit paranoid when I buy soil here because it's a bit different of you but to much at the wrong time of year it looks a bit suspicious..
I usually go to home Depot and my previous soil was vigoro can I get any of the stuff you guys mentioned there besides fox farms I know I can't get that there they told me they didn't have it I'm changing soils tomorrow the plants are officially dead all 5! :(
You should be able to get ProMix at Home Depot.

I use the ProMix HP with Mega Crop one part and soon to be also trying GH MaxiGro and MaxiBloom on two plants !

Cheers

You're killing it!!
Got me thinking, so I had to take my wife to a Dr. appt. in that town, and I don't get there very often, so I swung by the soil place, I asked for 6 bags of FFOF, only came to $57, so I asked if those were the 3 cu/ft bags, guy said no, we over-ordered the 1.5 cu/ft bags and they're on sale, cheaper to buy two of them than one 3 cu/ft bag. So I got 12 bags @ $9.50 a bag!!! They must of had 40 pallets of them!

Got me thinking, so I had to take my wife to a Dr. appt. in that town, and I don't get there very often, so I swung by the soil place, I asked for 6 bags of FFOF, only came to $57, so I asked if those were the 3 cu/ft bags, guy said no, we over-ordered the 1.5 cu/ft bags and they're on sale, cheaper to buy two of them than one 3 cu/ft bag. So I got 12 bags @ $9.50 a bag!!! They must of had 40 pallets of them!
I would have bought all I could haul!!

Hello all I have three 15 day old seedlings that last nigh decided to start curling and the two top leaves on a few had a bit of a crisp I have three guesses as to why this happened one they didn't have enough water I now watered and it looks a bit better on a few my second guess was heat issue as it is hot in the room my third is the type of soil I'm using which is some kind of miracle grow it's not what I usually grow with I think it might be to hot of soil any advice is very helpful
Screenshot_20220725-092822~2.png

Screenshot_20220725-092842~2.png

Screenshot_20220725-092830~2.png
U may need a small window unit to cool ur room.because when the dirt is hot the rooots are under stress big time heat and healthy root systems don't mix

Back
Top Bottom