18 day old Northern Lights auto with female preflowers already?

anonjuice420

Hey guys I have a question. I have a Norther Lights auto seed that I got from TSSC and its doing great in my 5 gal bubble bucket. I went to check on it just now and noticed that she already has female preflowers and shes only 10 inches tall. This is only my second grow but the last one took 40-45 days to show sex and was over 20 inches the NL is only 10 if that. So is this normal? is it the auto seed maybe? and does this mean its just going to be a small plant and I should start m 12/12 flower schedule. I change my rez every week so ive only ever fed her twice. Please help and let me know what to do I don't want to start going through the flower routine if its to early. Thanks everyone

set up

5 Gal DWC
4 cfl bulb
4 airstones
2 big pumps
Floraduo A&B, ( also have Thrive Alive red, voodoo juice, Cal-Mag, and Humboldt honey but not in use right now)

rez temp:68.5
PH:5.7
RH:75%
PPM:512
Lights: 18/6

ok cool thanks a lot man this is my first time with the auto seed I never would of thought that. So ill just keep going with my veg routine I guess.

I have never grown autos before either, just have some in the mail now. Maybe someone else will confirm, but to my understanding that is the whole point of autos. They will mature by age, not by photo period. Therefore the more light you can get them, the better they will be. Also, you do not want to top or stress an auto if I have read correctly. this will slow them down and affect yield.

The auto will continue to grow and flower whether the light is on 12/12, 18/6 or 20/4. I'd suggest the 18/6 because it gives you a good light to dark ratio. Seeing preflowers is nothing bad, now you know you have a girl! My clones showed preflowers after 2-3 weeks, very early. Autos seem to show preflowers early too from what I've noticed. Sounds like a nice set up from the few specs you posted initially

My autos first showed pistils 19 days after germination. They are around day 46 now with an 18/6 schedule from start to finish. They are going to bloom regardless of what you do with the lights, so why not make the best use of it and maximize growth? I haven't done anything to them except some gentle lst on plant #4 when it shot up tall, the inner branches were pushed outward to open her up. I am going to try LightAddict's back building trick on the buds soon I think to help increase bud size. Take a look at my journal, and shoot me any questions you have. I'm learning, but don't mind trying to help.

Mate i asked same question about my 4 inch ak47 at 24 days an she showing pistils ,,while my chemdawg auto is 16 inch and days an still no pistils ,,,I guess auto's do things differently,,good luck

Back
Top Bottom