1st CFL Grow - Jamaican Strains - Dec 2012

i ran 24/7 for the first week now im on 18/6 and will be usin 18/6 untill flowering time.

Heres a few pics of day 15 from the seeds was planted.
Sorry about the crappy Cam.

DWC seems to be PH lockout
IMG_17477.jpg

Tri-Leaf on 3rd node
IMG_17451.jpg

3rd plant on 3rd node
IMG_17465.jpg

Im no expert when it comes to DWC, not by a mile, but i think the media of that plant is just down right too wet causing it to yellow out (over watered), and im not 100% sure but i dont think soil(if thats soil?) works well for a hydro medium, i think the prefered mediums are; rapid rooters, rockwool, or hydroton because they tend to not over water easily where soil gets to a point that its pretty much just mud.. In your soil grown plants, when you transplant you should consider adding PERLITE for airation of the soil, it will let the roots grow through the media with ease and also promotes more oxygen to the roots which plants thrive off of. If you're in a big city, or even in the USA theres a good chance you can get a soil called "Fox Farms Happy Frog" or even Pro-Mix HP which is better than the Fox Farms product, just more pricey.

Anyways I hope maybe that can help you out some, no disrespect or insult intended, just aiming to help a fellow grower out! :high-five:
i'll be hanging around to see what happens with these Jamaican Girls

Thanks for dropping in Delo and no offense taken brother,places i checked dont have the perlite so i was wondering if styrofoam would work? [the one that breaks up easy and leaves alot of small particles]

I cant say id reccomend that as styrofoam is an environmental hazard and i'd imagine it would have some sort of negative effect on the root system, perhaps try using Vermeculite?

If you cant find any vermeculite or perlite, maybe try adding small rocks like fish tank rocks, im not sure how easily things like that are acessed in a place like Jamaica, since Ive never been there i have no idea how hard stuff is to find locally.

I went and read on the styrofoam subject, some people say you can use it but it just seems like a risky chance, I think itd be dangerous to use since its a chemically formed item that could potentially leave a dangerous compound in the plants, think of it this way, would you want to smoke styro foam? i wouldnt lol.

I'll keep reading on the subject more and see if i cant find a way to help you out.

I just found 2 more alternative that could be easily located in Jamaica (i believe), and those are either "Pumice" or crushed Lava Rock, i believe lava rock would be a really nice option as im sure it can be easily found and if you can only find it in a large form you can easily crush them into a smaller form to put into soil, i'd say use it if you can find it.

Hope that helps ya out man!

Well the move went well but only got to carry 1 plant so i took the tri leaf with me. Its been 1 week since my arrival and 6 days since i sowed more seeds. out of 50 cups,39 germinated, also the seem to be alot more healthy than my other plants when i started out.. New t8 36w x4 bulb reflector now setup. Tri leaf is now 3 weeks in veg 18/6 and starting to show signs of growing limbs :thumb:.

here are the pics
Ref_2.jpg
babies2_1_.jpg
babies212.jpg
tri11.jpg
IMG_17556.jpg
tri2.jpg

Glad the move went well, you got a dope set up mon.
39 plants, that's a good bit lol.
Can't wait to see some family photos when they spurt!
Best of Luck matey

Thanks bro

Also i was wondering if i should top the tri leaf , its on its 6th node now.

Thanks bro

Also i was wondering if i should top the tri leaf , its on its 6th node now.

I'd take off a small top, and LST the main stalk. You'll want to control their vertical height now, because if not you may have a space issue later, not to mention it will increase your overall yield. Got to get some light to the lower areas and unexposed nodes that will grow into new branches.

another update, Babies doing well on Veg week 2 the big girl is on veg 5.

soil ph 6.5 both digital and analog readings.
RH - 70-83%
Temp - 79-83 F

IMG_17644.jpg
IMG_17654.jpg

4 week veg and week 7 for the LST plant update
Temp - 78-84*
rH- 58-73%
20/20/20 NPK feeding
6.4-6.7 pH
everything looks well.

IMG_000379.jpg

IMG_000481.jpg
IMG_000279.jpg
IMG_000761.jpg

at veg stage and where you live if going away better to miss a watering than over. i mention lime stone crushed bigger pieces placed in bottom of pot i always do that keeps soil balance and gives roots a place to go, adds air i us 3/4 clear limestone crush in your case you could crush to smaller pieces and add a bit to soil to increase air flow. didnt see a fan need to get good fresh air flow is a must speicially where you live is so moisthttps://www.420magazine.com/forums/images/smilies/bad_boys_20.gif

Thanks for the info digger, the setup is cooled by 2x 3 inch PC fans. even with my cabin closed with a small air intake keeps at a steady 82-84*.soil dries out within 2 days dunno if thats quick for indoors?? soil/perlite/compost mixture.

heres another update week 5.5 in veg and week 8.5 on the Lst,Had to do alot of trimming to let light into the lower limb heres a few pics before n after.

Before
IMG_010221.JPG

After
IMG_010027.JPG

LST- srry for the bad pic
IMG_010117.JPG

Hey guys been a while since an update,ive been away from the ladies going back to them on saturday.my uncle is takin good care of em :).
guess ill cya then

Back
Top Bottom