1st grow White Rhino - cfl / hps - help much appreciated

Re: Humidity problems

any ideas regarding the humidity problem ?? really wanted to purchase one today - cheers

the humidity should be fine durring the veg growth, just watch during flower for mold

if you want to spend a lil cash on something nice like that go for it, but if it were me on my budget i would give the damp-rid a shot, but the electronic one may be cheaper in the long run

actually if u want it, go for it, it will be nice to have during flower, i would just keep an eye on how low it drops, i dont know how low is too low during flower or even if you can go too low :grinjoint:

thanks RC51 and cisko - those numbers where fine for my veg cycle but now as im in flower i thought it to be a bit high. today is around 55%, will pick one of those cloakroom dehumidifiers if need be in a week or so when buds are a little bigger.

thanks

guys

securedownload-8.jpeg

securedownload-9.jpeg

had a good pruning session which freed up a bit more space but not much as they still was a lot of over crowding. i have put two of the plants on a table on the right side of the tent and left the other 3 on the floor - these will be on rotation every two days. i have also moved my light to the left of the tent and have it hanging vertically to maximize light for the plants on the floor.

i think next time with indicas will only grow 4 in this space or learn how to prune / tie properly.

i was think of adding another light for some supplementary lighting for the two raised plants ( right side of tent ). i was thinking of buying a 125w cfl red, but as this is only to supplement the 400w hps would my 125w cfl blu suffice ??

thanks sisco.

last night i added my 125w 6400k cfl as supplementary lighting ( light on the right side of tent ) and the ladies have definitely responded positively. i think in my small space the 400w would have been fine if i had pruned but with all the over crowding supplementary lighting is the only way to go.

with the added cfl temps/humidity are a prefect 73f/33%

tomorrow i was going to get a red cfl to replace the blue one - my question is would a 125w be enough or should i go for a 250w ?? also if i was going to go for the 250w would the extra wattage raise the temps to high ??
what sort of distance should a 250w cfl be away from the top of the plant ??

tomorrow will be day 21 of 12/12 - i have included a pic of one of the tops

securedownload-11.jpeg

securedownload-10.jpeg

Nice color and pistils, I am not sure of the heat coming out of a 250 cfl but the best answer I can think of is if you can hold your hand 2 inches from it for a minute without it burning or feeling too hot than that is where a cfl does its best, that is coming from what I have read here at 420 and on my own grow, although I have not used any cfl over 68 watt.

But of course you will have more heat since you are adding another 250 or so watts.
There is a thread around here about the whole thing, give it a search and I'm sure you can find some more info on the subject.

Looking great tho! Take care brother.

will probably go with the 125w cfl as opposed to the 250w, as with the 125w blue cfl and the 400hps temps today have hit 83f and i wouldn't like to go much higher.

Please forgive me. I think I was rude, and did not compliment you on the great job you are doing.. I didn't realize what was in the fixtures.
You obviously have a grip on what is going there cause they look gorgeous !...

don't be ridiculous mate !! no offense taken at all, thanks for taking the time and stoping by :peace:

will probably go with the 125w cfl as opposed to the 250w, as with the 125w blue cfl and the 400hps temps today have hit 83f and i wouldn't like to go much higher.

ok went shopping today and picked up some more bioboost ( this stuff is damn expensive, i hope to god it actually has an impact ) and a 250w red cfl. temps have been the same as yesterday when using the blue 125w, around 83f.

this 250w cfl is like a bazooka in size compared to the 125w!!

question guys ..... what are you max temps that you would not like to exceed ?? i was aiming originally to keep the temps at 74f, which was fine until i went 12/12, the temps now hitting 83f ( with an added 250w cfl )

I have read 90F is when photosynthesis stops and the plant stops growing, I keep mine at around 83-85 and see no prob. with the growth. I may try to do a better exhaust next grow to keep it cooler.

Merry Christmas man! I'll be chicking in-in a few days. Take care and good luck Sully!

sorry guys been really busy over the holidays

:peace:A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL AND BEST WISHES FOR YOUR 2010 GROWS:peace:

will update later this week, today was the end of week 5 12/12

rsz_1dsc_0764.jpg

im guessing another 4 / 5 weeks before harvest .........my birthdays in the 4 weeks so i may have to chop a nug early :)

Looking good sully, update?

Back
Top Bottom