1st grow White Rhino - cfl / hps - help much appreciated

firstly rc just wanted to say that your trimmed WW nuggs look amazing dude - hope my rhino looks like that when done

i think it was self pollination as it was not on purpose and there are no males around. maybe i stressed it out when i started trimming and pruning after going 12/12. haven't seen any male parts on the plant yet just seeds in the bud.

about reusing the run off water - i actually meant earlier on in the grow

i thought 6.9 would be quite high as my feed is around 5.9 - which keeps the run off at 6.0 to 6.2 ..........does it differ when just using water to flush ??

cheers dude

thanks man, feels good hearing that
i also have a seed forming on a WW bud with no male parts to be found, WW is known it do that late in flower (ive figured that out myself from sampling diff buds from diff growers all with a seed here and there) but what confuses me about your situation is that your bud is full of seeds you say? not just one or two or maybe 3?

durring flush i would normally try to hold the usual PH that i feed with, BUT idont think a PH of 6.9 on its last week or 2 is going to hurt anything

and i wouldnt reuse the runoff, you want to add fresh nutes and get rid of the leftover salts that collect in the soil from the nutes. if you reuse you will probally end up with a very high TDS and burn your plants and or cause a major lockout problem, not to mention any fungus, mold, pests, bad bacterias or anything else there may be. this is all just my guess and opinion though, i dont know what the actual outcome would be but i just wouldnt do it

thanks man, feels good hearing that
i also have a seed forming on a WW bud with no male parts to be found, WW is known it do that late in flower (ive figured that out myself from sampling diff buds from diff growers all with a seed here and there) but what confuses me about your situation is that your bud is full of seeds you say? not just one or two or maybe 3?

durring flush i would normally try to hold the usual PH that i feed with, BUT idont think a PH of 6.9 on its last week or 2 is going to hurt anything

and i wouldnt reuse the runoff, you want to add fresh nutes and get rid of the leftover salts that collect in the soil from the nutes. if you reuse you will probally end up with a very high TDS and burn your plants and or cause a major lockout problem, not to mention any fungus, mold, pests, bad bacterias or anything else there may be. this is all just my guess and opinion though, i dont know what the actual outcome would be but i just wouldnt do it

i bet i feels even better smoking it !! while there seems to be a load of different strains hitting the street here in the UK as everyone and their mother seems to be growing at the moment - nothing looks as yummy as that ww......shows what cutting down at the right time and a decent cure can do.

can you believe that something like nyc diesel a week since being chopped sells for £230 - 250 here in london. this is why ive gone and done my own thing as these prices are ridiculous ( even more ridiculous when you consider that they are chopped early and not cured/dried properly !! )

should have phrased it a little better as there are seeds in the bud but it seems to be only one per bud - they look like your pimple seed on the ww
maybe the rhino does it late in flower as the ww is a parent.

well then it just sounds like a classic white widow to me, you have nothing to worry about bud, you will be enjoying some very fine and devistating smoke soon enough, remember, use in moderation it is very potent lol droooool...

actually thats where i got my seed to start my WW mother! 1 of 2 seeds found in a bag of meds from cali. its funny, some of the best weed i have smoked has come with seeds, one or two here and there.

and i know what you mean, i can buy chocolate chunk and super skunk for normal med quality prices and the buds are still wet!!! but as long as people buy it they will sell it, plus they make 2-4x as much money. pretty sad...

but from what i see and read youre on your way to some fine herb my friend, you have nothing to worry about and its all downhill and easy from here. the hardest part ahead will be the snip snip

nice job!

well then it just sounds like a classic white widow to me, you have nothing to worry about bud, you will be enjoying some very fine and devistating smoke soon enough, remember, use in moderation it is very potent lol droooool...

actually thats where i got my seed to start my WW mother! 1 of 2 seeds found in a bag of meds from cali. its funny, some of the best weed i have smoked has come with seeds, one or two here and there.

and i know what you mean, i can buy chocolate chunk and super skunk for normal med quality prices and the buds are still wet!!! but as long as people buy it they will sell it, plus they make 2-4x as much money. pretty sad...

but from what i see and read youre on your way to some fine herb my friend, you have nothing to worry about and its all downhill and easy from here. the hardest part ahead will be the snip snip

nice job!

cheers pal - really happy with 3/5 plants.....but i have to keep reminding myself that it was only my first time and this should be a learning experience. so with that thought i think i have done not so bad.....can't wait to get started on the next one and apply all i have learnt.
it just gets me a bit down that 2 of the plants look so so.

also its extremely annoying when you find out about other grows that yours pales to in comparison. i never hate on personal growers as you can only learn from them, but so many people here in the UK are growing 50+. found out today that my pals stepdad had a 50 plant WW grow that he sold yesterday in oz's to just one guy ( street dealer ) (£190 0z, guess they will be put in 1.7g £20 bags ! ) - none kept ( none give to his stepson or me !! ) as he despises weed, but had a grow as people here see it as easy money ( compared with the risk of class A's )..........glad i love the bud more than hard dirty cash and shiny things like 'bling and rims' :)

Sully,I had one grow and only one plant but nothing compares with sitting around with your friends and smoking the fruits of your labor! And hearing comments about how good it is when they don't know where it came from. :grinjoint: :peace:

Sully,I had one grow and only one plant but nothing compares with sitting around with your friends and smoking the fruits of your labor! And hearing comments about how good it is when they don't know where it came from. :grinjoint: :peace:

that is exactly my plan :) although it must be hard not to scream 'this bud is from from my own sweat and tears' when smoking your own amongst unaware friends......

week 8 - 3 days

started to flush today, lessoned learned - never plan a flush on a friday night !!! i did not expect it to take so long .......i had to cancel my plans for tonight !! took around 3 hrs but at least it is done......gives me a chance to stay in tonight and chill out watching a flick........im thinking fear and loathing :)

gave each lady 33l each @ 6.3ph - they are in 11l pots
ro was still not running clear but i guess it will start to on the next flush

also having a bit of a problem checking trich colour !! do the heads go cloudy first or the stems ??

:peace:

week 8 - 3 days

started to flush today, lessoned learned - never plan a flush on a friday night !!! i did not expect it to take so long .......i had to cancel my plans for tonight !! took around 3 hrs but at least it is done......gives me a chance to stay in tonight and chill out watching a flick........im thinking fear and loathing :)

gave each lady 33l each @ 6.3ph - they are in 11l pots
ro was still not running clear but i guess it will start to on the next flush

also having a bit of a problem checking trich colour !! do the heads go cloudy first or the stems ??

sounds good to me, most of the time for me ill have a few trichs here and there that go amber while the rest are still clear and it seems by the time im keeping my eye on trichs prepping for harvest those early ambers are almost all brown, i just keep my eye on the healthy looking trichs and i watch the heads. and if you have one of those small black "60x-100x" scopes you might need the change the batteries frequently, atleast i do with mine, it seems to start going dim fast its hard to notice unless you put new batteries in and see the difference. when the light starts going dim the trichs get harder to see and look darker than they actually are and might cause you to harvest earlier than you want

you should buy a cheap cfl 23, 29, 42 watt any of these less then $20 buck and a lamp then when seedlings get bigger and roots are stronger then put under the big lights as close as possible. Put your hands over your plant for a minute if it get too hot for you then its to hot for them play with it and you'll figure it out.

you should buy a cheap cfl 23, 29, 42 watt any of these less then $20 buck and a lamp then when seedlings get bigger and roots are stronger then put under the big lights as close as possible. Put your hands over your plant for a minute if it get too hot for you then its to hot for them play with it and you'll figure it out.

thanks mate :peace:

sounds good to me, most of the time for me ill have a few trichs here and there that go amber while the rest are still clear and it seems by the time im keeping my eye on trichs prepping for harvest those early ambers are almost all brown, i just keep my eye on the healthy looking trichs and i watch the heads. and if you have one of those small black "60x-100x" scopes you might need the change the batteries frequently, atleast i do with mine, it seems to start going dim fast its hard to notice unless you put new batteries in and see the difference. when the light starts going dim the trichs get harder to see and look darker than they actually are and might cause you to harvest earlier than you want

i have a handheld 30x. i was under the impression that the batteries were only needed for the light ?? still find it kinda hard to use wether placed up against the bud / resinous cut portions.

my sweet dear mum bought and left me some molasses today - bless her!
it is pure cane molasses - Meridian Foods - will this do ?? or should i have bought this one - Meridian Foods

see if anyone can make any sense from this - Meridian Shop: Natural nut & seed butters - vegan & palm oil free - is it the same ??!!!

I just started using it after a lot of research and I suggest you do the same. Its easier to apply to soil if you know the pros/cons and what it does for Mrs. Jane. I use 1 tsp per gal right now. I'ma see how my plants react to it then I'll add more like 1 tbsp per gal.

thanks pal - i went for 1.5tbsp/5l, giving my ladies 1l each ( this is before i saw your post ). are you using it in the flush ?? did you use it in the flower stage at all ?? and are you planning to decrease the amount given in the flush each time, so by the end your just giving plain water ??

thanks

im not sure on what type of molasses is best. and my WW grow i used 2tBsp/gal so what you fed should be fine. i dont really know how much is a proper amount to give them i assume its a personal preference thing or until you see your plants unhappy.
and ive only used it one one bagseed middies grow and this grow so i cant comment on how much it actually does or doesnt help

and for my final flush i like to use plain water without molasses. i dont know why i do that, just because thats what i decided i wanted to do.
i figure if i hurt them at that point it doesnt really matter because i could harvest at any time

Back
Top Bottom