First Grow Procyon 100 Lemon Skunk Big Bang

Ok, so here are some questions....

1) How do I post in my thread or do I just have to "reply to post" everytime?
2) How do I upload a picture. I do not see the place where you add an attachment.

Anyways, here is how my grow is hopefully gonna proceed. In WA you can have 15 plants legally under the Medical Mar. bill. I am hoping to start some mother plants and then clone from them, while staying within this 15 plant guideline.. I am gonna grow my mother plants in soil, and then make use of SH's Deep Water Culture system for the clones. Here is what I am using below.

Mother Plants / Clones Room
4X4X6.5 Grow Tent
2 X 100 Watt Procyon LED lights
TechnaFlora Nutes
Fan
PH Pen
Miracle Grow Soil mixed with Perilite and foam
18 Hole Mistic Cloner Tub

Grow Tent
6.5 X 6.5 X 6.5 Grow Tent
2 X 400 Watt HPS
4 X 6 Hole SH Deep Water Culture Tub (I am gonna put 3 plants in each tub)
SH Advanced PH / TDS testing setup
Autofill double stack SH reservior Kit
Extra 12" airstones for each tub and the T connectors and tubing to make this happen.

I havent decided what kind of ventilation I am going to use in the grow tent yet. Any suggestions are appreciated. Whatever I use, I plan on venting the exhaust into the attic through the middle of the room light fixture hole.

I started 4 seeds using the paper towel techniqiue on Oct 13th. all 4 germinated with nice little white "tails" coming out of them. I placed them tail down in little mini pots and turned on one of the procyon 100's. Once I take the clones from the mom's, I am planning on keeping them allive with some low wattage T8's until I am ready to grab more clones from them. Thats because both Procyon's will be needed to veg the clones at that point.

Best of luck with the grow! Have you got any pictures to post so we can as growers offer some advice?

Ok, I think I figured out the pics...

Smaller Grow Tent
100_2446.JPG

Day 1 just under one light. All 4 out of 4 Seeds germinated and have broken soil. 2 X Lemon Skunk. 2 X Big Bang. All Green House Seeds.
100_24471.JPG

Day 2 - Hard to take pics under these lights. Everything looks purple. The plants seem to like it though and are growing really fast. I am gonna add the second Procyon to the mother plants tent today.
close13.jpg

Day 3 Big Bang

Day 3 Setup
setup29.jpg

Day 3 lemon Skunk
LS_1.jpg

I've got a lot of experience using LED's to grow plants. If I can offer you one piece of advice, it is to lower your light. Your unit uses wide angle LED's, which lack the penetrative power and intensity necessary to carry light energy very far. Because of this, you should keep the light within 6-9" of your plants. This will also help prevent the stretching that I already see occurring with your babies. Best of luck!

HydroGrowLED, Have you ever used the Procyon LED's? I have them about the same distance away as irie had in his grow. They are about 16" away right now. I will lower them tonight to see if that makes a difference. Thanks for the comments. Do you think they are light starved? I have noticed they are getting very tall and skinny, and their leaves were sticking straight up until I added the second light. Any comments advice from anyone appreciated. Luckily these mothers are kinda like my intro into growing. The real fun begins when I can break out the 4 SH Deep Water Culture Tubs, HPS lights and see the clones go wild :) Also, I have only watered these girls once on day 2. I spread out a spray bottle full of PH water between the 4, and havent touched them since. I was planning on giving them another sip on day 5? The temp in the Tent is always around 78-80 with 60 % humidity? Any watering advice? Is that too soon? More pictures below.

Day 4 in the Morning
LS1.JPG

Big_Bang2.JPG

Honestly when it comes to dirt questions, that's out of my territory lol. I've been an aero grower since day 1, and the only thing I have in dirt is a cactus.

The reason I recommended to place your light closer, is that I could see how much your plants are trying to stretch upwards to get to the light. It's not that the plants are light starved, it's that they aren't receiving enough intensity. I haven't used the Procyon personally, but it works the same as any other LED grow light ;) I would have it at 6-9" during your current stage of growth, which should prevent the upward stretching, and allow your plant to start thickening up. Right now they have plenty of light, but that light isn't penetrating into the leaves. With the light closer, it will. I'm certain you'll notice a positive difference within 2-3 days ;)

HydroGrowLED, Have you ever used the Procyon LED's? I have them about the same distance away as irie had in his grow. They are about 16" away right now. I will lower them tonight to see if that makes a difference. Thanks for the comments. Do you think they are light starved? I have noticed they are getting very tall and skinny, and their leaves were sticking straight up until I added the second light. Any comments advice from anyone appreciated. Luckily these mothers are kinda like my intro into growing. The real fun begins when I can break out the 4 SH Deep Water Culture Tubs, HPS lights and see the clones go wild :) Also, I have only watered these girls once on day 2. I spread out a spray bottle full of PH water between the 4, and havent touched them since. I was planning on giving them another sip on day 5? The temp in the Tent is always around 78-80 with 60 % humidity? Any watering advice? Is that too soon? More pictures below.

Day 4 in the Morning
LS1.JPG

Big_Bang2.JPG

Give the soil a good thorough watering then leave it until it dries out, then water again.

Does anybody have any info or helpful advise on setting up intake and exhaust in a grow tent. I am unsure of which fans to buy, if the fans go inside or outside the tent, what size tubing I need, how to attach it to the tent, etc. Any help will be appreciated....

HyrdogrowLED.... I have moved the lights down to 7 " and the girls have really picked up. They seem to go a little slower then other peoples grows with MH lights at this stage. I am hoping they will be ready by 21 days for cloning. Thanks for the advise!

Does anybody have any info or helpful advise on setting up intake and exhaust in a grow tent. I am unsure of which fans to buy, if the fans go inside or outside the tent, what size tubing I need, how to attach it to the tent, etc. Any help will be appreciated....

HyrdogrowLED.... I have moved the lights down to 7 " and the girls have really picked up. They seem to go a little slower then other peoples grows with MH lights at this stage. I am hoping they will be ready by 21 days for cloning. Thanks for the advise!

they make all shapes and sizes.. With led's I dont think you'll have too much heat to worry about. maybe look into a 4 inch inline setup? Most HID users go 6 inch and a few 8 inch.

Doesn't really matter whether fan is inside or out, most go in. Just need to get old stale/hot air hot and draw fresh air in. very simple.

Most inline fans like vortex and fantech etc come with hanging brackets you can use to rig up to the cross members of the tent ceiling. May take some creativity but zipties and bungee cords go a long way.

So here we are day 7 and some pictures. My PH down finally arrived today. My tap water is 7.4, so I have been anxiously awaiting this. Some of the leaves are a little sad looking, I am hoping that next watering in a couple of days at the correct PH will cheer them up. I think i overwatered them a bit on day 4. The soil is still extremely damp and the leaves wilted for a day. These procyon lights are ridiculously bright. Even through the couple of spots that light peeps through the tent, it is bright violet in the corner of the bedroom. Wife hates it. Once family leaves from their visit this weekend, the tent goes up to our guest bedroom along with the bigger veg tent. Does these look ok for day 7? 3" tall on average and just starting second set of leaves.

100_4381.jpg

100_4379.jpg

100_4385.jpg

Hey Happy, I don't have time now but wiil get back to you on a few things... You sould drop that light lower, get them down to around 6 inches, and hold off on any water for a bit.. Get some air circulation on the plant ( just a fan) and look at 150-200 cfm 4" intake/exhaust fan in case you ever decide to go to the MH... all you need is a fan to move the air around with the LED... Chill on the watering..:ganjamon:

Thanks for all of the advise everyone. I will chill on the water and lower the lights a bit more. As a first time grower, it just seems like everyday takes forever. I am probably overthinking this one a bit. Again, all of your input is much appreciated. I don't want to have to try and re-invent the wheel, which is what makes sites like this and cool people that share their knowledge so great. :thanks:

I went to Lowes today and purchased all my exhaust stuff. Emptied my tent out and went through and duct taped any place that air could exit so that it would be airtight. Added a 250 CFM fan exhausting out the top, and a pasive intake flexible ducting tube at the bottom going out next to my sliding glass door, where a little cold air always leaks into our bedroom. Moved the plants to the back of the tent, and changed the position of the lights. Put the LED's on adjustable chains so i can keep them exactly 6" from the plants. Added 2 4' Daylight T5 lights to the back of tent as well, mostly so I could have something to see the plants in normal light with, as the LED makes it hard to tell whats going on. Plus, a little extra light shouldn't hurt them. They are re-bounding nicely from my overwatering. The soil drains really nicely, so it seems to be drying out better then I was hoping even. Plants have perked up considerably, and for the first time seem to have actually grown noticeably in 1 day. I will post pics tomorrow of the new setup. Not sure if the perk up is due to drying out a bit, the closer lights, or the airflow from the exhaust, but whatever it is, I am thankful. They still seem a bit small and spindly for day 8 from seed... Anybody have an opinion on their health? Also, once I post pics, you will see that one of the lemon skunks has twisted leafs and they look kind of crinkly. Not sure what that is all about.

Once the vistors leave on Monday, I can finish setting up the big tent in the guest bedroom and move everything up there where it is cooler. It has been between 85 and 87 degrees in the tent lately. Staying at 78 degrees steady now that I have the exhaust fan in place. Definately air tight now, when I zip the tent up, all the sides suck in a little from the negative pressure. I plan on LiquidNailing a board to the window in that room, and leaving the window cracked. Hole in board will go to 6" Y adapter, then to the intake of the two tents.

The Lowes fan I got was only $26. It says that it is 250 CFM, but I think that must be an exageration. It seems perfect for the smaller tent, but I do not think it will be enough for the bigger tent, especially once I break out the HID's.

I am putting a lot into this grow as it my first, but i am trying really really hard to not overdo it and keep it simple. I keep thinking, maybe I should SOG or SCROg these, but i think I will just keep it your basic old LED, HID, Soil, Deep Water Culture, Grow Tent Grow.... hahaha on second thought, maybe I am just jumping in with both feet. Reading everything on these sites has really helped answer a lot of questions, so here is me crossing my fingers.

Never Did see what 2 procyon lights could do... I did alot of research before I bought my LED and steered away from them. Lots of growers will tell you there not so goof for flowering. I still think you can get an ok crop from them.

IMO I would put them lights like 2 inches away from the plant. Them lights can't damage your plant.

MeanBean,

First off , I am only using the LED for veg, and I will even being using MH with them for veg once I get my clones in the Deep Water Culture. The two procyons will not be enough for 15 clones I do not think. I am not even going to try to flower with them. I will use HPS for that, and return the LED's back to the Mother plants in prep for the next cycle.

As far as 2" and won't damage, you should try these out before you make comments like that. I am not trying to be mean, but if you told someone to put them 2" away and it killed their crop, you would feel pretty bad. At 6" away, the temp is about 84 Degrees. If you put your hand at 2" away, you can definately feel the heat strongly. When I had the light closer than 6", the plants started showing signs of burn. I strongly beleive that at 2" for an extended period of time, you would kill the plants. Just my two cents.

Thats what I ended up dong with mine. It is only used for my cloner now, a $600.00 clone light...:smokin: My clones like it better then anything else I have used. 100% survival rate and roots in 4 days..... :peace:

Back
Top Bottom