First Grow Procyon 100 Lemon Skunk Big Bang

good advice by everyone so far buddy, not much for me to say.

the first thing to mater growing in dirt is the feeding schedules. your schedule is going to be somewhat unique to your environment, temp, RH, medium, volume, etc, etc.

I am growing some plants in dirt right now and i only feed about once a week. its decently humid in my tent and i have large 3.5 gal grow bags. i was feeding less often when they were smaller.

the trick is you want to cycle between mostly dry and mostly saturated. this will get fresh oxygen to your roots and prevent root rot and other bad things. IMO, when they're young, the best way to feel out their feeding schedule is by picking up the pots and feeling how heavy they are. . . you'll quickly see the difference between a wet one and a dry one. . . if the plant starts to droop a bit thats ok, it means time to water.

they look good so far, glad irie is around, def listen to him. . . hydrogrowled os a sponsor here, and actually makes LED lamps for growing so i'd respect her opinion when it comes to your led's.

looking good so far, just do what the other guys said, get some air moving over them and leave it alone for a while till the dirt dries out almost all the way. . . keep picking them up to feel their weight.

** oops only read the first page and posted this, i'll read the other 2 pages.

Ok, pics on day 25. they are looking really healthy now. They get greener everyday and they are really taking off. About 25% of the branches have a second node of leaves growing out of them finally. They are about 24 hours away from there first full strength nutes. Last water was just water, one before that was at 1/2 strength and they seemed to like it just fine. Using Technaflora Nutes and going by their chart. I also will add a wee bit of epsom salt to the mix. Anybody have any good / bad stories about using superthrive? I used it once when they were really young, and not sure if I noticed much of anything. Thinking about giving them a sip on their next watering, but was hoping other people had experience using superthrive that I could draw off of.

102_4451.jpg

102_4452.jpg

102_4453.jpg

102_4454.jpg

102_4455.jpg

102_4456.jpg

102_4457.jpg

102_4458.jpg

Day 27

Started getting my cloner and Deep Water Culture equipment setup. Hopefully have it all wired and ready to go for a test run by the end of the week. Plants are looking good, but a little bit droopey. I gave them their first full strength nutes watering yesterday, and they have been droopey ever since. I think perhaps I gave them a bit too much water. Ahh well, they should bounce back by tomorrow I would imagine, they are fiesty little ladies! :cheer:

102_4463.jpg

102_4464.jpg

102_4465.jpg

102_4466.jpg

102_4467.jpg

102_4468.jpg

102_4469.jpg

102_4470.jpg

102_4471.jpg

102_4472.jpg

102_4473.jpg

102_4474.jpg

102_4476.jpg

Well, i checked up on the ladies this morning, and just as I thought. They have perked right up as they have soaked up some of that extra water. they are now standing at attention again and growing like weeds *chuckle*. It is hard to beleive how fast these plants grow when they are happy. It looks like I have about 6 potential sites for clones so far. I am going for 16 altogether, with the hopes that out of those 16, 12 survive. I want to take them all at once, so I will be waiting a bit longer before chopping the girls up. My wife has prevailed on me to try and flower all 4 mother plants. I was originally going to just kill 2 of them off, and then flower the other two under the LEDS as a further experiment and second chance for the lights. She can't stand the thought of me killing any of them, so we are going to reconfigure some space in the closet of the room to give us a place for all 4. Do you think that if I combined them into two per pot that they would survive, or is that a big no no? I am having a problem coming up with space for all 4 of them. I can leave them in the Big tent for awhile after cloning, but eventually I will want to start flowering them, and they will be done a lot earlier then the clones will so need a seperate space. I also plan on taking two extra clones from the mothers a little later (right before they go into flower) to eventually become the new moms of my next batch. Pics to come tonight or tomorrow morning.

PS... What are reps and how do I give them to people. Seems that option is grayed out for me?

Be irie,

I will be cloning in about 7 days or so. How far away from the clones do you keep the procyon? Also, my plants keep getting "droopey". Like the leaves weigh more than the stems can support. I thought it was overwatering at first, then the next day they perked up. today they are back to droopey again. I think maybe my fan on them was too strong, so I have pointed it at the tent wall instead of directly at the plants. Also, I guess i outdid myself on ventilation, because the outside air coming in has got my temps staying in the 72 degrees in the tent area, and around 74 at the plant tops (light 400 MH is about 15 inches from the top of plants). Any thoughts on what that might be? Your expertise is appreciated.

Well, I am still interested in learning distance for lights, but the droopey problem has once again gone away. They were perky and standing at attention this morning. Maybe they just like the cooler night cycle? Who knows. I read a bunch of posts, and I am thinking that my humidity might be part of the issue. At the middle top of the tent it has been around 20%. At the canopy top, it has been 30%. Also, when they were droopey, they were limp and lifeless, not curled down, so I think if anything it would have been underwatering from what I can read. I put two buckets of warm water in the tent on either side of the plants. I am hoping when I get home from work that the humidity will be a lot more like it should be. I am assuming i want to get it up to 40-50 at least for the veg phase.....? Pics to come later today.

I think I keep it around 16"-20" above the cloner..I am not sure about the drooping, keep an eye on them and see if it continues..As for the light height, I would drop the light closer to the plants. I like to keep my canopy temp between 78-82.. Drop it down to a foot and see how the plants and temp reacts....Adjust from there if it is to hot or they don't like it...:ganjamon:

Dropped the light to 12" on Be Irie's suggestion, and the plants seem to love it. The under growth and smaller shoots are really hoppin now. Below is Pics day 32. Can't go more than a day or two without pics! Each plant has 4-6 good clone sites now, although I want them to grow a little longer first on some of them. Getting close.....

100_44291.jpg

100_44301.jpg

100_44311.jpg

100_44321.jpg

100_44331.jpg

100_4436.jpg

100_4437.jpg

Gave the Moms a full dose of nutes today in preperation for cloning. Looks like I will have 16 / 18 good clone spots out of the 4 plants. I am hoping that 12 will survive the cloning process. I suppose I have a friend or two that can take the extra if they all survive. They have really started growing quicker since I lowered the light. Especially the bottom branches. I had to raise the lights 2 inches yesterday because the plants are growing so fast. Its a struggle to keep at 12" exactly, the next day, it is at 10".... Not such a bad problem to have I guess. There are 4-5 white spots on some of the bigger leafs, not really sure what that is from. I am not gonna worry about or change anything that I am doing unless it gets a lot worse. Could just be heat spots I guess. I have learned my lesson about trying to adjust for every little sign of trouble. Will probably fix itself.

So, today was day 36 for the moms, and guess what....

It was also day 1 for 18 short little cloneys. I actually am only planning on growing 12 clones, but wanted to make sure I had enough in case some did not survive. So pictures from setting up my Deep Water Culture system to clones, to mother plants after. I am using the procyon 100 LED for the clones. The mothers will go to the LED's when the clones go into the Deep Water Culture. Then the clones will go under 2 430 watt MH's. I have created enough space in the rooms closet to keep the mothers going for the LED flowering (with some CFL's as well).

For the cloning I took off the bottom branches that had at least 3 nodes. Most are 3-5 inches long. I cut off all but the top leaves (some I left only the very top). Some I scraped the bottom side of step a bit, some I just cut and immediatly dipped. I am using cloning gel, and the stealth hydroponics cloner. It is just a container with holes and a mist maker.

100_4447.jpg

100_4448.jpg

100_44491.jpg

100_4450.jpg

100_4451.jpg

100_4452.jpg

100_4453.jpg

100_4454.jpg

100_44551.jpg

100_44562.jpg

100_4457.jpg

100_4458.jpg

100_4459.jpg

100_4460.jpg

100_4461.jpg

100_4462.jpg

100_4463.jpg

100_4464.jpg

So I don't have any pics of the clones yet today, will get them up soon. They look like death. I have been spraying them every 4-6 hours with a light mist. I am not sure if it is normal, but they all just immediatly drooped until they were basically just laying their leaves flat on the top of the cloner. some are curling up a bit. They just look really bad overall. Is it normal for the clones to go downhill before they start recovering? I will try to get a pic, but it really looks like I have either 18 dead clone starts, or they are very good at acting. I am not sure what I could have done wrong. I used a clean brand new antiseptic razor. I made diagonal cuts as close to the main stem as possible. I immediatly dipped them in cloning gel and then chopped all their leaves but the top 1-3. Some of them I then scraped them stem at the bottom to expose some of the inside, and put cloning gel on that as well. Then I stuck them in their holders and into the cloner. I have read people have great luck with this cloner, and lots of people even profess to get 100% survival without using gel. The mister has 2-3 inches of water on top of it (PH balanced to 6.0) and definately is working fine. It raises the temp of the water quite a bit (by design). The top of the cloner has a thermometer sitting on it. 82 degrees and 45 - 55% humidity. Any sage advise from someone out there that knows cloning. Am I just worried over nothing, or have I done something wrong? If so, what can I do to help them survive? O, and the mister is running 24/7 as per everybody's advise from SH. Also, one procyon LED light 20" up running 20/4 cycle.

Back
Top Bottom