First Grow Procyon 100 Lemon Skunk Big Bang

Ok, so here are some pics as promised. You can see the leafs that have curled and turned "crinkly". I am not sure if that was because of the 85 degree temp, the high ph water (before i got my PH down to adjust with), or because they just are not happy. I am not planning on doing anything drastic to fix it, but if any of you experienced doctors (growers) have any thoughts, I am worried about them. I have gotten temps down to 78 in the tent, and 81 right at the leaf tops. I waited until the soil was super dry, and then watered with 5.8 ph (I just gave them a sip, maybe 1 cup of water each). I am planning on transplanting them into the larger pots tomorrow. Didn't give them any nutes yet. Any thoughts?

Day 10
100_4386.jpg

100_4389.jpg

100_4390.jpg

100_4391.jpg

100_4392.jpg

100_4394.jpg

I am a hydroponic grower (was....on probation now) but was a soil grower for years. I would only suggest that your water not be as acidic as you mentioned. The ph you are using is good if you are growing in something like rockwool as it tends to be too alkaline and needs the counter balance. But when using soil it is best IMO to keep your ph h20 around 6.5. Also there is genetics as well as Magnesium deficiencies that could account for this. Nice set up btw

Thanks for the advise. I will try upping the PH to 6.3 next watering. What can I add for Mag defencencies? Or is the wrong PH just making it hard for the plant to use the existing nutes in the soil?

Lets make sure your pH is ok before trying to over compensate with more nutes. if you are using RO water then you should most def be adding a little cal-mag. A tsp of epsom salt per gallon of water helps mag def. I use Botanicare Cal-Mag plus.

When adjusting pH always check the runoff to see what your soil pH is at. Adding 6.3 solution can still give a a less than 6.0 pH as soil tends to be on the acidic side. Keep at it you'll get it dialed in.

Well, my babys look really sick on the bottoms, and really healthy on the top. Pics to come in a bit. I have transplanted them into bigger pots, and all but one seem to like the new setup. i have moved them into the bigger tent, and switched them from LED to a 430 Watt MH light. What a difference between that and the LED. grew an inch and half overnight. The bottom leaves are wilted and yellowing, and one of the plants is getting sickly rotting brown spots on it. So, when I add PH 7.0 water, the runoff is 6.5. Doesn't seem like the PH is out of the ballpark, but I am thinking tham my problem is three fold.

1) I adjusted the PH down too quickly, I should have slowly stepped it down
2) Mag defecincies.
3) Heat... i put a therm down where the top of the plants were in my smaller tent, and the temp was around 92 degrees. In the new setup in larger tent, the tops of plants is about 78, and the tent itself about 74. That sounds a lot better to me.

I will be watering tomorrow with some epson salt and their first dose of 1/4 strength nutes. That with the environment change, heat lowering and whatnot, i am hoping they will recover. The new growth from the MH looks super dark green and healthy, so I think they will recover with some time. I am trying hard to not make to many drastic changes at once, and let them adjust to their environment first. A little later today, I will post pics of the plants (day 13 from seed) as well as a step by step guide to how I setup my new larger tent, exhaust, lighting, etc. Time to :rollit: and cross my fingers.

Ok, so here is my Tent Setup. it is a 76" X 76" X 76" Tent. Room it is in is completely dedicated to growing. First I bleached the entire room to make sure that it was clean. Then I Measured the window and cut two boards that will completely cover the window. I put door and window insulation strips around outer edge of window frame. Then I opened the window a couple of inches and closed the blinds. I coated both sides of the boards with a clear enamel to protect from weather and moisture. Then I screwed one board onto the left side of the window frame. I Stuffed the gap between the board and the window frame with folded fabric scraps, as i do not need the entire space behind the large window to have airflow. The I cut a hole in the second board and inserted my Piping adapter. I sealed it to the board using spray foam sealant, and then duct tape just to be sure. Next I mounted the board to the windows and sealed the rest of the cracks. This will serve as my cold air intake from outside. Next I put the tent together. I opened the top two holes for intake and exhaust. Then I duct taped all of the extra holes and seems to create an air tight environment. I laid the extra water proof floor down in the tent. Next I mounted a 500 CFM fan from Lowes at one of the holes in the cieling of tent. I attached flexible tubing to this and then routed it to attach to the hole in the cieling where the normal cieling light would go. This will vent into the attic / crawl space. I then attached flexible tubing to my window board intake and routed into tent on the other top hole. These tents come with some pretty flimy support and hanging rods, so I took 2 28' 3/16 chains and wrapped them back and forth along the top to help support the tent and have extra places to hang lighting and such from. I mounted my MH light, grabbed my plants from my other tent, and closed it up. Pictures Below. Also note the pictures of the sick plants. These pics turned out a little better, so any additional advise on what I should to to help the ladies would be greatly appreciated.

growsetup_10_.jpg

growsetup1.jpg

growsetup_2_.jpg

growsetup_3_.jpg

growsetup_4_.jpg

growsetup_5_.jpg

growsetup_6_.jpg

growsetup_7_.jpg

growsetup_8_.jpg

growsetup_9_.jpg

100_4414.jpg

100_4415.jpg

100_4416.jpg

100_4417.jpg

100_4418.jpg

100_4419.jpg

Well, time for an update. Day 17 and the plants are looking a whole lot better. I basically just left them alone and let them get really dry between waterings, and they have really started to take off. I switched the light schedule to 20 on / 4 off to help with heat and electricity. The girls seem to enjoy the time of rest and lower temps. I have pulled off the bottom leaves that were yellow and sickly. Pics below. I am thinking the way they are growing now, that I might be able to take my clones within the next week or two. I am hoping to take 4 clones per plant. I still have not decided what to do with the mommas. I have more of the same seeds these were started with, so not sure it would be worth keeping them around. On the other hand if I switched them to 12 / 12 right after cloning, maybe I could have a little bit don early. Not sure if it is worth adjusting the canapy hight. hmmmm... I will have to smoke a bit on that one. One plant still has some bown spotting on one leaf. Look familiar to anyone?

Be Irie .... How far away to you keep the procyon from the clones? I am planning on using it for the cloning part as well.

100_4421.jpg

100_4422.jpg

100_4423.jpg

100_4424.jpg

100_4425.jpg

100_4426.jpg

they look good. keep doin what you are doing

Pics to come tomorrow, Day 20. Did not get a chance to snap them tonight. They are really growing a lot faster and better now. I think I have decided to keep two of the moms after cloning and grow them the rest of the way with just the LED's, just to give the LED's another shot. I write my complaints to homegrown lights, and they have some suggestions that I want to try out. The Lemon skunk has started to turn a darker green. Should be able to tell them apart in the pics. I was thinking I would see some height and growth pattern differences between these two strains, but it seems like one of each is growing super fast and tall and one of each is kinda lagging behind but bushier. hmmm.... I was pretty careful, but now wondering if I maybe mis-labeled them... lets see... I was smokin' something at the time I labeled 'em. nah... I am sure I have it right.

Very happy looking plants happynow! I like the fact that you wait for the top soil to completely dry before you water. Helps those roots grow searching the soil for moisture. Good Work! Hmmmm mislabeling I have been guilty that before. Best regards.

So I am going to be using SH Mistic Cloner for cloning and then transferring them to the Deep Water Culture system. I am not sure how you take a rooted clone and then insert it into rockwool, but the cloner comes with its own little re-usable clipping holders that would not work in the Deep Water Culture. Perhaps I should try to put them in rockwool, and then into the cloner? Can you "thread" roots into rockwool? Any sage advise?

Ok, so I have a problem with taking too many pics... So sue me. Heres some more pics day 21. Its all I can do not to take pics twice a day. They are starting to really smell yummy!

100_44141.jpg

100_44151.jpg

100_44161.jpg

100_44171.jpg

100_44181.jpg

100_44191.jpg

100_4420.jpg

I think it may be more than another week before I can clone these girls. None of them have branches with more than one node yet. Ahh well, the waiting is killing me. :yummy:

Well,

Landlord is coming out day after tomorrow to work on the electrical panel at my house (rented). I hope it doesn't hurt the girls, but I am gonna turn off the lights and the fans while he is there. He should be gone in about 3 hours of work. I also have to kick my vent the exhaust into the attic plan into high gear and finish that tomorrow. Currently it is just venting into the room, and it is making my upstairs smell really strongly of Yummy plants and Plastic (The tent smell is kinda like a small inflatable raft when just opened new, very strong plastic smell that fills the whole house). I was originally planning on venting through the hole in the cieling where the light fixture is, but i took that light fixture apart today, and underneath it is a 4x4 beam with the electrical passed through a tiny hole. Tomorrow I am going to home depot to get a drywall saw. I am going to cut a hole in the closet cieling in the room, and then pass the exhaust pipe through that hole. On the other side in the attic, i will attach a carbon filter. I gotta say that growing is a huge amount of fun. Its one project after another, and there is a great sense of satisfaction watching my efforts turn into little green ladies.... i look forward to seeing their daily growth when I get home from work everyday.

Well, I am sick and no pics today. The girls are looking really good. Biggest one (a lemon skunk) is about 8" tall now. She has about 16 branches all together. Still no branches with more then one node off them though. Anyone know the age where the branches start getting more nodes? I really want to get these girls cloned, but from everything I have read, you should clone off branches that have at least 3 nodes on them. Some of the lower leaves are starting to yellow just a bit at the tips, but nothing I am going to worry about. Got my venting project finished, and the tent (and the room) are now being exhausted into the attic and a carbon filter. I can only assume it works well, since my nose is so stuffy I can't smell anything. Land lord came and did the electrical repairs today, and the plants are none the worse for the wear. He didn't notice any smells. Strange situation that. I am actually doing nothing illegal, considering I have my Dr.'s recommendation, and I am fairly certain that my landlord smokes. Still keeping it under wraps though, better safe then sorry. It would be nice if one day medical marijauna was an excepted part of life and american culture, instead of hiding in the closet so to speak. Its helps with my pain at least as much as narcotics do, but is natural and non-addictive. Wake up America! How many people in the news lately have died from OD of pain narcotics, that could have been prevented with some good natural herbs?

It would be nice if one day medical marijauna was an excepted part of life and american culture, instead of hiding in the closet so to speak. Its helps with my pain at least as much as narcotics do, but is natural and non-addictive. Wake up America! How many people in the news lately have died from OD of pain narcotics, that could have been prevented with some good natural herbs?

Amen to that, brother.

Perhaps as more people from the previous two generations get into power, we'll see more decriminalization and other efforts being enacted. Have to work within the system to be effective long-term, but at least it appears to be moving forward. I doubt we'll ever see legalization enacted at the federal level, too many conservatives in the country and the pendulum has a habit of swinging.

They've mostly passed the buck so far and declared the states have the right and responsibility to determine 420's status for their constituents, like they did with abortion. It is schizophrenic to have different state and federal regulations. Too bad any administration in power is too scared about the conservative backlash that legalization would have in order to enact laws that were fair and just.

It's hard to do the right thing when you're worried about staying in office, kowtowing to the pharmaceutical lobbyists who made substantial campaign contributions (for a price), and tiptoeing around every demographic so as not to alienate them. If there was money in it for the drug companies and this plant could be patented, you would have seen it legal by medical prescription everywhere decades ago, at the very least.

If the current economy has done anything, it has given the gov't incentive to regulate it for a good reason - tax revenue. Harder to argue when you're just trying to pay the bills!
---
Plants are looking much better now, hope your girls stay happy! :)

-TL

Back
Top Bottom