1st Grow With Mid Quality Bag Seed

Like KingJohnC said wait until the roots are very well developed before unnecessary stress. I transplanted 2 of my plants to early and in my grow journal you can tell the difference. It can stunt their growth for weeks.

i notice you are using a clear cup for your plant which you should be able to see the plants roots through. i would wait until the plant has roots circling around the bottom of the cup to transplant it. you are not stunting your plant as it is not root bound yet.

Thanks a lot, I checked bottom and sides and roots are coming in well, but not root bound. I then taped up the sides with white electrical tape starting at dirt level because I read clear isn't good so used white to make as hear neutral as possible. This forum is the shit!! Everyone is helpful as hell.

Here is today's picture. Looking healthy, but what do I know lol.
image2078.jpg

Like KingJohnC said wait until the roots are very well developed before unnecessary stress. I transplanted 2 of my plants to early and in my grow journal you can tell the difference. It can stunt their growth for weeks.

Thanks again, I will be waiting awhile before I transplant. Not root bound yet. Next grow I will be starting with a 5 gallon container, to prevent undue stress. Your very helpful gleipnir, it's appreciated

Another question which I have an answer but am a bit confused. I've read that bag seed that came from a smoke able female was most likely a hermie, so any seeds from that plant will be 99% female with a chance of it being a hermie as well. Is this true? Or is it possible it could just be an old fashioned male pollinated female from a careless grower

Day 12 picture of the day
image2085.jpg
plant is a little under 6 inches and has formed 4 new leaves since last night and more are poking thru.

thanks, and we can only hope

I wasn't sure what kind of lights I wanted to get for my new setup, I decided on high watt cfl lights because they run so much cooler. I know it limits the size you can get but I figured until I gained some experience this was the way to go. You finding the change from cfl difficult or now that your dialed in is it pretty similar?

Hey just looking at your pics again did I see some Miracle grow fert plugs in there? those aint good for MJ hard to regulate easily F up a plant on accident they look healthy now if thats what your using I would recommend removing as much of those as possible and and look into some better nutes

I ordered some they should be here Monday. I only used 2 quarters of one 8-8-8 stick my soil didn't have many nutrients to sustain in my opinion. Thanks, I also read they aren't good for it but I figured a small amount wouldn't do much harm. I hope I am right.

I ordered some they should be here Monday. I only used 2 quarters of one 8-8-8 stick my soil didn't have many nutrients to sustain in my opinion. Thanks, I also read they aren't good for it but I figured a small amount wouldn't do much harm. I hope I am right.
Actually I'm taking them out, not taking any chances with my baby

Hey mate how are ya?
I am an indoor soil grower, I sprout my sees in wet paper towel and once the tap root is out I use a blend of a 100% Organic HUMUS soil, which has an active N,P,K ratio and other great microbes and such for the plant so nutrients for a little bit arent required. I usually make a mix of about 60% HUmus, 25% Good quality potting mix and some fine peat straw mulch.
My girls always grow pretty well, So far anyways! But yeah, The key to a good soil grow is the soil itself, I always start off usung clear plastic cups to plant my seeds in once tap roots out, that way, once its roots are reaching the bottom I know she s nearing time to transplant.
Your girls looking good so far mate - so just try to ensure you have a good soil. HUMUS, IMO, is some of the better soil to use for your girls.
I then once my plant reaches a certain height, I slowly add some good nutes, Seaweed extract is always great:) and just try not o over feed as with a soil like this, it retains some more moisture than others, so you dont want a big build up of nutes over time. Its always good to just use plain water evry other feed or so..
GOOD LUCK BUDDY!! Hope this may help a bit.. Catch ya, Smokemupm8

Hey mate how are ya?
I am an indoor soil grower, I sprout my sees in wet paper towel and once the tap root is out I use a blend of a 100% Organic HUMUS soil, which has an active N,P,K ratio and other great microbes and such for the plant so nutrients for a little bit arent required. I usually make a mix of about 60% HUmus, 25% Good quality potting mix and some fine peat straw mulch.
My girls always grow pretty well, So far anyways! But yeah, The key to a good soil grow is the soil itself, I always start off usung clear plastic cups to plant my seeds in once tap roots out, that way, once its roots are reaching the bottom I know she s nearing time to transplant.
Your girls looking good so far mate - so just try to ensure you have a good soil. HUMUS, IMO, is some of the better soil to use for your girls.
I then once my plant reaches a certain height, I slowly add some good nutes, Seaweed extract is always great:) and just try not o over feed as with a soil like this, it retains some more moisture than others, so you dont want a big build up of nutes over time. Its always good to just use plain water evry other feed or so..
GOOD LUCK BUDDY!! Hope this may help a bit.. Catch ya, Smokemupm8

Thanks everyone for the advice and the interest. I am learning a lot from reading your journals and you reaponding to my questions. I am loving this forum more and more each day.....

Back
Top Bottom