1st Soil Tent Grow Journal - 1000HPS - Platinum Kush - SourD - LA Confidential & GDP

Re: 1st Soil Tent Grow / Journal — 1000 HPS-Platinum Kush, Sour D, LA Confidential, G

Hello world!!!!! So, today is the start of the 2nd week of flower for me. Day 42 in soil. I was beginning to show lite powdery mildew. So on Tuesday I tryed a hole in the wall hydro shop & picked up some Serenade and Pro-TeKt. After a good dose ofSerenade which seemed to be working, I began to research powdery mildew & lots talked about clean enviorments ,shaded area's mixed with poor air flow as being possible causes.

More research lead me to Bassman59's thread about defoil. So I gave 5 of the 7 ladies a lil trim. Sun leaves only!!!!! Not any bud sites. Leaving out the lst'd pk and 1 sour d because it streching out and looks thin. The pic in post 19 is the before. Here is the after.....

5-02_012.jpg

I know it looks like I went a little crazy but here is a top view...

5-02_013.jpg

I'll wait a day and see. What do you think, did I kill'em?

Re: 1st Soil Tent Grow / Journal — 1000 HPS-Platinum Kush, Sour D, LA Confidential, G

They are looking great SM.

Generally speaking, we prefer to start defoliating in veg. This promotes more, tighter, branching and new nodal development. Then during stretch period, the 1st three weeks of 12/12 generally, we don't touch them. We let them stretch, then hit em hard at end of stretch, and again at 45 days (some will continue daily rather than use the 45 day method).

Hitting them during stretch will put a big halt on the stretch. This can be used as a tool if they are getting too tall for your light/room prior to the end of stretch, but generally speaking we wait.

You haven't hurt them hitting them during stretch, they look fine. They'll just be a bit slower to stretching and initial flowering may slow a little as they are creating new leaves. Don't worry about it. Keep all your other conditions in line.

Thanks for the reply and the clarification. I'm happy to hear that I haven't killed them. Also I'm glad you mentioned that this will stop the stretching because both PK's & Sour D's are close to 3 feet.

I will continue to post their progress. Thank you again for the knowledge and the opinions that you offer the site.

Peace
Stink

Hello :420: I've just wanted post up a couple of flix of my girls beginning to flower. An they are smelling sooooo good!!!!

5-02_046.jpg
5-07_7_.jpg

Totally lovin this process.... Till next time

Stink

Good Morning :420: I have been unable to post lately because I took a new job. But I have been keeping up with my beauty's. Just as far as an update... My shortest (2 GDP's & 1 LA Confidential) plants have the best looking flowers. While the tallest seemed to be a little slow. I think it was due to the early defoil. BassMan did warn me that this may happen. But they are flowering none the less.

On a side note I've got family coming in from to for graduation so I may have to end my cycle 1 week early. so I may disinfect, cleand up the n break down my setup for ablout 3 weeks. So I should be flushing in 2 weeks and harvesting in 3 weeks. And now the pics......

The GDP
may_17_007.jpg

LC Con
may_17_008.jpg

The 2nd GDP
may_17_006.jpg

The rest of the flower gang
may_17_009.jpg

may_17_005.jpg

may_17_004.jpg

OK time for work. Till l8r

Stink

Damn its been a long week!!! my ladies have all grown so big now. went to water on Tuesday and I was pleasently suprised when i unzipped the tent. Crystals!!!!!! THC Chrystal's :cheer: so i snapped a couple of pix, honestly because I was feeling proud. So here they are.....

The GDP
may_22_2_.jpg

The GDP #2
may_22_3_.jpg

Sour D
may_22_4_.jpg

LA Con
may_22_5_.jpg

The Plat
may_22_6_.jpg

Is there anything I can do to fatten those buds up in these last few weeks?
I'm starting to wonder if I should have feed nutes at every watering. Would that have made a difference? Or is this the typical size of flowers that have been in bloom for 5 weeks?

Till next time

Stink

i usually feed my plants a nutrient mixture every watering unless
1) i have yet to start feeding nutrients
2) i either have something going on with them that has to be corrected or
3) i am flushing them
the good news is it does not look like you have over fed them and burnt them with nutrients. your plants look good.
if you would still like information on foliar feeding i would read and ask any questions you may have to Doc Bud in his thread.

High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Re: 1st Soil Tent Grow Journal - 1000HPS - Platinum Kush - SourD - LA Confidential &

Good Morning :420:. I've only got 2 more days until flush. Im so excited. I've notices in the last few days some of the buds are tightning up and I'm noticing the GDP leaves are turning purple and developing orange hairs. Ohh they are so sticky, after touching them and taking pix the camera button was sticky. So here are a few quick pics.

may_29_035.jpg

may_29_015.jpg

Thanks KJ, I will check out his journal and contact him.... Quick question..... After the final flushing are we supposed to feed pure water or nutes up until chop day?

Off 2 Work

Stink

Re: 1st Soil Tent Grow Journal - 1000HPS - Platinum Kush - SourD - LA Confidential &

For more days to go after today!!! This past friday night I flushed out the ladies. With the pH adjusted water as John suggested and everything is going well. I checked them last night and there looking good. I need to buy some new sicssors for trimming and some mason jars. Also I will need some type of drying rack. So here's a pic and I'm off to the store.

Flushing_out_002.jpg

Hello :420: So after a little shopping, I found a QuickCure drying rack but really big. Good thing is they also have a QuickCure mini, so I'm going to be needing that. Also piked up some mason jars, damn I cant wait!! On a side note... after the flushing, while trying to stableize PK #1 a few limbs broke and thus became, test samples. After drying for a couple of days, I tried it. An I liked it. The smell could have been stronger but the smoke and the effect seemed fine. So I hope the final results after the flush is better.

Goodnite

Stink

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom