1st Time Grow - Flowergirl21's - White Widow - Bloombox - Hydro - Manifold Technique

Re: 1st Time Grow - Flowergirl21's - White Widow - Bloombox - Hydro - Manifold Techni

looks good flower. good start for them.

Re: 1st Time Grow - Flowergirl21's - White Widow - Bloombox - Hydro - Manifold Techni

only thing thats more attractive than a female grower, is a female grower/techgeek that can also change the light bulb and redirect my cables etc. without bitching about its complicated. :circle-of-love: hehe :goodjob: girl

quote: My bagseed seedling, (I've named her Sprout) *LOL* and you properly put her in a cute pink pot with flowers on it as well right? :)

IMG_35079.JPG

i've done hydro before but :geek: thats some next stop Mars expedition type shit you doing there. Love the controlpanel on that thing :drool:not even a tittyshot can top this!!

i will be keeping an eye on this journal for sure. (and not just for the possibility of a maybe upcoming tittyshot in your attempt to top that awesome panel)

alot folks name there plants.. nice set up klovneposen

UltraDan not sure if Flowergirl and the rest of the 420mag pink pots posse agree on that one. But its all just for kicks and laughs, so hopefully they won't go womens movement 2,0 on my arse up in here-ish. :)

Thanks 7Dust strive to do my best :) Just spreading the gospel of the only true prophet :adore: Charlie Sheen and his enlightenment regarding the Beauty within the holyness of the tittyshot, or some shit. Im quite stoned and sleepy right now therefor kind of speaking in tongues here, plz bare with me people. :Namaste:

trust me i understand the speaking in different tongues. lol i just got my peace pipe from the mid west. so were trying to see the spirit world.:slide::slide::slide::slide::slide::slide::slide:

yea people here been naming their plants for a long time now
i tried it i gave up i go by the strain names its easier for me then to think up names all the time lol

My plan for the names is to keep track of the cuttings/clones in a less boring way than saying "Plant #1." :;): The names are all connected in some way to Joss Whedon...some more than others.

[sarcasm]As for the pink pots, I specifically asked BCNL if they had any "pretty" net pots to match the bows in my hair, but alas, they only come in the standard black.[/sarcasm] :battingeyelashes:

Update:

Sprout (bagseed): She is progressing steadily. She has roots coming out of the 3 inch rockwool, and she will be ready for the Hydro12 tub soon. She might be ready now, but I'm holding her back a bit so her sisters can catch up. She has her second set of serrated leaves coming out.

Scarlett (White Widow): She was the second of three to sprout. She is now the front runner in growth and root development. She is happy in 3 inch rockwool. No roots out of the bottom yet. Lisa, my BCNL rep, said that I should let the rockwool get to about 10% moisture level, and then water again. This helps the plant develop roots because it makes the plant work for water which equals more root development. Also, as the rockwool dries, it allows the roots to get more oxygen.

IMG_35763.jpg

Willow (White Widow): She was the first of three to sprout. Her development is lagging right now, due to some errors on my part. Long before I started this grow, I had purchased Growing Elite Marijuana by Ryan Riley. He mentions that the 1 inch rockwool can be cut in half before sowing seeds, or developing clones. I mistakenly cut them in half to get two short cubes instead of cutting lengthwise. Willow's root development got stalled because of this--she wasn't ready for the 3 inch, but some of her healthy white roots were showing. I left her like that too long, and the tip of one started looking ragged and a tiny bit brown. I thought putting her in the 3 inch cube would solve the problem, but when I just checked on her, she looked the same, if not a little worse for wear.

When I initially put her in the 3 inch, she had a lot of air space because of the shortness of the cube. To solve this, I pH'd another 1 inch, cut it in half and inserted that into the 3 inch first for both Scarlett and Willow. Scarlett, as I mentioned, is healthy and growing. I decided that Willow needed some intervention on my part. I decided to apply a bit of hydrogen peroxide to Willow and Winifred Whedon. Winifred was running into the same issue as Willow. More on her later.

So, upon reading about the benefits of H2O2, I saw a formula for helping roots. 1 litre of water to 3mL of 3% H2O2. I used half of that amount since they are so small. I gently removed Willow from the 3 inch. There was no root development into the 3 inch rockwool, so that was fine. I peeked in between the two layers of 1 inch. Oops. She had actually developed a healthy root into that one, and I damaged it. By damaged, I mean that I completely screwed it up, and the root is no longer attached. Damn. Well, I had no choice but to continue on with my plan. I soaked both sides in the pH'd H2O2 solution, and put the two cubes back together.

IMG_35774.jpg

Winifred Whedon (White Widow): She was the last to sprout by days. It is possible that her seed went into the rockwool upside down. She seems to be progressing fine, but I was worried about her roots. She never went into the 3 inch rockwool. I decided to apply the H2O2 solution to her as well.

IMG_35787.jpg

So, now I just wait to see. I can already say with confidence that Willow would have recovered without my help. I just hope I didn't mess her up too badly.

You need someone who can slap your fingers when you start poking around in those cubes looking for roots :) And yes we all know its hard, not to sneak a peak the first couple of times.

looking forward to see your bloombox in action i must say. If they survive your excitement and curiosity (which did not only killed the cat but also the tiny cats tiny cannabis plant) ;)

And boys im sorry to say i think the tittyshot will be out of the question she have not even pressed Like to my comment and the idea about it ;) well i did my best to spice up the debate guys

i agree with Dan their, best let plants grow and not fool with them much. i hardly ever mess with mine and they grow just fine. i top them few times then they are own there own after that. just water and few nutes.

Lesson learned! But, I'm posting all of my mistakes in the hopes that someone else will learn from them. So...here are some more mistakes. :straightface:

Willow is dying. It looks like nute burn? But I haven't used any nutes on her. I think my peroxide solution was too strong, despite making it less than half the recommended strength...I didn't think to check ppm because my belief was that the peroxide would quickly break down into water and the extra oxygen would go towards eating away the bad roots.

The twine is simply to hold the two rockwool cubes together. It's not tight. I've flushed with plain, pH'd water since taking this photo. I'm letting her rockwool dry until I do anything else. I'm hoping she can recover.

IMG_35916.jpg

Winifred Whedon: She is hanging in there, but her development is also delayed. Her new growth looks slightly burned as well. I flushed her medium as well, and I will hold off on anything else until her rockwool dries more.

IMG_35938.jpg

The good news. Scarlett looks on track, and I see healthy roots coming out of the bottom of the 3 inch.

IMG_359210.jpg

Sprout is fine as well. I'm sooooo irritated with myself that I apparently did all the right things for the bag seed, and I completely mucked up the White Widows.

IMG_35946.jpg

Well, hopefully Willow and Winifred can pull through. If I must, I will send Scarlett and Sprout through to vegetate on the flowering side with the metal halide bulb and then switch to the hps bulb to flower.

You could always germ another WW and just let it be a week behind or so. Then send to flower with the others, or let the others stay in veg a week longer. Don't stress too much, it'll just cause you to worry more and try and fix stuff that may work out on its own.

Yeah Flower, i agree with Dan on that. best to just let them re-coop and grow. i never fool with mine till least first month or more. they will be at-least 3 nodes or where i can top them. and that is about second node.
i heard people going 3rd and i have too. but i like a bushy plant and i dont do the fancy stuff flux my plant and all the special stuff. i let mine grow naturally and stuff. all i do is water them. on first two grows i done. now i do experiment stuff. chems and clones, now im doing female seeds. but i been doing this over a year or more. take your time relax and learn. its fun i promise.
relax and your fine . trust in the plant it wants to grow. it re-coop and grow big and strong. it lives for that.
we will be here if you need help we are not going anywhere.
we dont know we will find your answer.
there is alot great folks here and know alot of stuff about these plants. This is a cure for alot of people.

Thank you for your kind words, UltraDan and 7Dust. :love:

You're both absolutely right...I need to stop stressing out and let nature take its course.

:Namaste:

im fixing to kill one of mine on my journal. it looks sick. i want fool with them. i will watch it die and if i have another healthier. guess what will happen to the sick one.. ill get sick of looking at it soon. and rip it up. you dont want grow a sick plant all the time. sucks.
it till make you pull your hair out. it took me 3 grows to learn dont mess with the plant.. lmao.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom