1st Time Grow - Flowergirl21's - White Widow - Bloombox - Hydro - Manifold Technique

Re: 1st Time Grow - Flowergirl21's - White Widow - Bloombox - Hydro - Manifold Techni

How are the kiddos lookin?
Thank you for asking...I wish I had better news about Willow and Winifred. I will post pics tomorrow--I'm getting over a horrible cold and have been laid up in bed. The one good thing about being sick is that I've been able to just leave the kids alone and let them do their thing. Unfortunately, it seems that their thing is to get worse. They are turning this yellowish colour--like they are nutrient deficient. Is it possible that they were delayed so long in development that they've used up the nutrients that they would have used to grow bigger? I made up a very weak nutrient solution for them--if this doesn't work, I might have to pull the plug on them.

The good news is that Sprout and Scarlett are doing very well. On the advice of my rep from BCNL, I'm holding off on putting them in the Hydro12 tub until I see a bit more root development.

I'm okay with just sending Sprout and Scarlett through. I am hesitant to germinate more until I have some rooted clones in my possession.

Re: 1st Time Grow - Flowergirl21's - White Widow - Bloombox - Hydro - Manifold Techni

get some clean clean water to flush. no chemicals in it. distilled be great to use. the ones yellow now will probly die now. so just let them. but if you see no new growth. their is a issue somewhere the plant dont like.

post some pics lets look at them.

Thank you for asking...I wish I had better news about Willow and Winifred. I will post pics tomorrow--I'm getting over a horrible cold and have been laid up in bed. The one good thing about being sick is that I've been able to just leave the kids alone and let them do their thing. Unfortunately, it seems that their thing is to get worse. They are turning this yellowish colour--like they are nutrient deficient. Is it possible that they were delayed so long in development that they've used up the nutrients that they would have used to grow bigger? I made up a very weak nutrient solution for them--if this doesn't work, I might have to pull the plug on them.

The good news is that Sprout and Scarlett are doing very well. On the advice of my rep from BCNL, I'm holding off on putting them in the Hydro12 tub until I see a bit more root development.

I'm okay with just sending Sprout and Scarlett through. I am hesitant to germinate more until I have some rooted clones in my possession.

I've been battling a cold as well. Sucks. Like 7Dust said, post some pics when you can and monitor new growth.

First, the good photos:

Sprout: I moved her down to where she will be in the Hydro12 Tub. There is no reservoir below her, but I thought it best to get her used to her new home--plus, the light can't get to her roots now. Her new growth comes in that brownish shade, but seems to even out to green. Should I be thinking about getting her on Week 1 schedule for nutes?

IMG_359610.jpg
IMG_360010.jpg

And Scarlett: She is the middle child of the Widow family, and the only one who is on track. Her root development is difficult to see through the net pot, but they are there. The very tips of some of them are brownish...she's not in any type of water though.

IMG_35978.jpg
IMG_36014.jpg

And for the bad news. Winifred--I fear she won't make it at all. She has shown no new development except to turn terrible colours, and I don't think she can survive because she has no way of photosynthesizing at this point.

And Willow...I'm stupidly optimistic about her. She has been through some rough times, but I can see new growth. I have not checked in between the rockwool for roots. I am being a good lass and waiting patiently for them to come out the other end.

IMG_35986.jpg
IMG_35997.jpg

The thing is...I gave Willow and Winifred the lightest of nutrients last night--they have not had any previous to this. (I think the burned part on the leaves for Willow is from the H2O2.) I felt the cubes today, and they seem lighter. I don't think this is from evaporation--I think it's a sign that they are still drinking the moisture. Maybe it's just wishful thinking though.

One of the "drawbacks" of the Bloombox setup is that all of the plants, once in the system, run off the exact same reservoir. I have to make sure that they are all relatively in the same phase of growth. Like I said before though, I'm okay with just tending to two plants (hopefully Sprout is female...please, please, pretty please) and figuring out where to go from there. If all goes well with the cloning, I'll choose the best clone from Scarlett to be my mother, and I can get into a good cycle.

I wish you were close to me I would hand you some of my extra clones.. Your setup is amazing!!

Thank you!! How I wish I could take you up on your generous offer!!!

I've been battling a cold as well. Sucks. Like 7Dust said, post some pics when you can and monitor new growth.

I hope you're feeling better! I'm finally on the mend myself...time to clean up all of the tissues scattered everywhere. :winkyface:

Also, I popped by your journal--your plant looks amazing!! It is giving me hope that I can train my little ones as well as you did. :goodjob:

I hope you're feeling better! I'm finally on the mend myself...time to clean up all of the tissues scattered everywhere. :winkyface:

Also, I popped by your journal--your plant looks amazing!! It is giving me hope that I can train my little ones as well as you did. :goodjob:

Thanks! I am on the mend as well. I can't wait to see how she grows when I switch her to flower. I am a very impatient person though, so it's very difficult to give her the time she needs. lol

lmao, not good thing to learn that on these plants. poor plant going to be stripped of leaves lol.
i had to learn patience. sucks.

lmao, not good thing to learn that on these plants. poor plant going to be stripped of leaves lol.
i had to learn patience. sucks.

That's ok in my situation. I like her naked. Lmao!

Well, this has been a learning experience for sure! As far as defoliation goes, I'm all for it, and I intend to strip my ladies down when I manifold. :)

Cautious good news: Willow has visible new growth, but no roots coming out of the bottom. I'm really letting her dry out between feedings, and I am currently watering with pH'd 700ppm distilled water. I'm using Grow and Common.

IMG_36088.jpg

Winifred has a really strong root. So much so, that I popped her into a 3 inch. I haven't seen any new growth up top though, and I'm still not sure if anything will come of her. We shall see.

IMG_36093.jpg

Scarlett...what can I say? She is gorgeous. If not for her, I would be in much worse spirits. Her tips on the first set of true leaves are a tad brown. I can't believe it would be nute burn because I have been using the same feeding water as the other seedlings, and they are extremely delayed. If they can handle the water, I don't see how Scarlett would have issues with it. Anyone have any ideas? Should I not worry about it?

IMG_36045.jpg

Sprout: Until I saw Scarlett, I thought Sprout was what I should base my other girls on. I don't want to be mean, but Sprout is a bit ugly...

IMG_36055.jpg

There you have it. I know I keep threatening to do so, but tomorrow I'm definitely starting the DWC part. Time to see what the Bloombox can do.

700 ppm seems awful high for distiller water. Typically distiller or RO water will have a ppm of less than 100

Sorry...wasn't clear. I added nutes because the struggling seedlings were showing nitrogen deficiency. I believe they were stalled for too long and ran out of "seedling" fuel. I added about .25mL each of Grow and Common to a litre of distilled water. Oh. Whoops! I meant 70ppm.

yeah hope they pull thru. i put mine in dirt soon as the second leave pop. so it can get what it needs. because when you water the dirt minerals will run into the seedling

Thank you for the well wishes! I am really hoping they pull through as well. I'm actually very curious to see if Winifred can do anything with that root. She doesn't have a way to photosynthesize with just the cotyledons, right? I might be mistaken, so please correct me if I am wrong.

I'm anxious to see the new growth do well. It's amazing that they were all part of the same germination group (not Sprout) and their development is so different because of my mess ups! 7Dust, soil is DEFINITELY more forgiving!! I look at the older photos now, and I wonder why I ever thought I needed to do anything else to them. They were lagging behind because of the lack of root development, but I definitely made it worse.

Flowergirl21,
Be sure you read all you can on lighting. It is the central issue when growing. Its all about the light!!!!! You can never have enough light. For lights, I would use florescent lights, you can use them all the way through the grow. They are cheap and you can buy the ones at the hardware store for about 20.00. Or you can go to your grow store and buy one of the overpriced lights. Place the lights 12 inches away from the leaves when they pop up. Transfer to a ten gallon pot when they are 6 inches. It will take 4-5 months to finish its grow. Do not listen to others that say they can do it in 3 months or whatever time.

Pick out a good brand of nutrients and ask for the feeding guide. The guide will tell you exactly how much per gallon of water. I usually wait for the plant to get to 6 inches and is standing on its own before feeding. Don't worry if the new plants have a weak stem when they pop up, just prop them up for a while. Always use RO water purchased from any water company that sells water cost is 8.00 plus deposit on the bottle.

Good luck,
rmatheson58

For lights, I would use florescent lights, you can use them all the way through the grow.

Yes CFL or T5 lighting is possible to go through the whole grow, however most growers will argue that you sacrifice yield. There have been many successful growers do a phenomenal job though. Sweetsue being one of them.

It will take 4-5 months to finish its grow. Do not listen to others that say they can do it in 3 months or whatever time.

This is not necessarily true. However, the longer you veg, the more appropriate your yield will be. You can easily take a photo plant and send to flower within a few weeks.

The guide will tell you exactly how much per gallon of water.

NEVER go by what the manufacturers feeding schedule is. Start with 1/4 strength and work up IF your plants handle it okay.

Always use RO water purchased from any water company that sells water cost is 8.00 plus deposit on the bottle

An unnecessary expense in my eyes. As well as having to buy CAL/MAG to supplement.

Not all grows, or plants are the same. There is no "textbook' way to grow, but there are general guidelines to follow.

flowergirl i am :cheer:for you still. I'm sure your next grow will become awesome, you have learned a lot from this. i remembered first time i got a hydro grow going. so much extra stuff to get a grasp of, from when growing in soil, but you get there, you and your girls are true fighters.

Back
Top Bottom