2016 Big Bang & Double Alien 18 Hydro Grow

TheGrowKingLV

To start off, this isn't the beginning of the grow. It's more beginning of flower. Tonight I'm switching the plants to 12/12 and giving flower nutrients. I use general hydro 3 part series along with Botanicare Calmag and Sweet. I also use Cannazyme. I started the plants in 3.5 gallon water buckets, and am now switching them to 5 gallon buckets. I use LST and mainlining techniques. This time around I also built a scrog for kne of the grow buckets. That's about it for now, I'll post more later
IMG_20160625_105237.jpg
IMG_20160628_103055.jpg
IMG_20160706_200123.jpg
IMG_20160713_112818.jpg
IMG_20160717_195115.jpg
IMG_20160719_125833.jpg
IMG_20160806_194644.jpg
IMG_20160806_194736.jpg
IMG_20160807_201503.jpg
IMG_20160809_225127.jpg
IMG_20160809_225228.jpg
IMG_20160813_100039.jpg
IMG_20160813_100048.jpg

re: 2016 Big Bang & Double Alien 18 Hydro Grow

Hey GrowKing, first time grower here. Your garden looks sick as tits to put it lightly. You seem to have a mastery of mainlining. Very impressive. Have you been growing for a long time? Also, what strains are you running? I've got two Aurora Indica's, one Kish of God, and one Mystery Strain. My plants could use some outside opinions if you're not too busy. I'll try and add the link below but I'm still pretty new to this site. Hope your flower cycle goes smoothly and you get some hella dank buds.

DankestBuds Aurora Indica Grown In Soil

Here's some pics I took the other day. These were taken a couple days after flip to flower. I'll take more pics tonight and post with a full update. Here's some pics for now. I'm considering taking off the scrog and just going back to lst any suggestions. I think it's training from the last 8 weeks of veg or so makes it difficult for the scrog net. Any opinions otherwise I would really like to hear. Anyway here's the pics

IMAG025522.jpg
IMAG025623.jpg
IMAG025725.jpg
IMAG025932.jpg

Gonna pull up a chair in here and mind lending me a pair of LED goggles ?
I'll roll one up !
:blunt::passitleft:
by the way wich brand of LED are you using ? I wanna buy one someday so good to know what others are growing with.

puf puf away !
;)

okay now that I'm at a computer and not using my phone to post things, heres everything about my setup in a more professional manner.

My grow setup consists of the following:

1 x 4ftx4ft grow tent
1 x 4in inline fan and carbon filter combo
2 x 300w full spectrum LED panels (155w actual draw each)
2 x 600w full spectrum LED panels (365w actual draw each)
1 x XL Exhale CO2 bag
1 x circular floor fan for air circulation
1 x fan speed controller
3.5gallon and 5gallon grow buckets with netpot lids
Grodan grow cubes
Air Injection Technology Airstones for the grow buckets

I use General Hydroponics 3 part series with adjusted feeding ratios, Botanicare Calmag and Sweet, PH up and down, Cannazyme, and General Hydroponics Liquid Koolbloom.

The plants were germinated at the end of may and started sprouting in the 3.5 gallon grow buckets on June 4th. After the plants grew 3 nodes i topped each plant and began tying down the new mains. I cut off all the lower growth after topping. After growing out 3 more nodes tall, i topped it again and cut off all the lower growth. I also tied down all the new mains. I did this until I ended up with 16 mains. Although I did stop waiting 3 nodes before topping with each topping after the second. I have always defoliated my plant during this grow to see the difference between defoliation and no to minor defoliation. The plants ended up vegging just over 9 weeks during the veg period and had serious LST training. A week before switching to flower I defoliated the Big Bang and built a scrog system that screws onto the bucket lid. its 24insq and sits a little over a foot above Big Bang. The tops 4 days after flipping to flower the nodes are just barely under the net.

Right now it has been 4 days since switching to a 12/12 schedule. I am feeding a transitional feeding for 1 week. and then full flower nutrients after this week is over. I just ordered a endoscope microscope that connects to my phone so I can take enhanced photos during flower. I forgot to mention I did flush the plant before switching to flower nutrients.

Right now I am looking and pricing out bigger tents, as well as more LED panels. My ideal tent would be an 8ftx8ft and 2 more 600 watt full spectrum panels. Growing big plants takes a lot of space and really sucks when you can only really grow 2 plants in a 4ftx4ft space.

Any suggestions on whether to keep the scrog or not let me know. That about covers whats gone on with the grow up until this point. Ill post more tonight after I take more pics of the plants.

I do plan on more defoliation after day 21 of flower.

ewilan947 thanks for stopping by, I have Apollo Horticulture LED panels in my grow tent. They are good lights for the price, have lasted me 3 grows so far, i just don't like the customer service. They sell on Amazon, and most of their lights they don't sell anymore. That's why I have been looking for a new set of panels. Its just hard to find really good lights for a good price. A lot of 600w LED panels for example are only around 200 actual watt draws, I like panels that pull more actual watts than that of half the stated watts. That's just my personal rule of thumb. Now there are other LED companies that have way more actual watts, like KIND, but they also have a higher price tag as well lol

thanks for the answer man , I think I'm just going to try mars hydro out for my first panels and when something breaks after the guaranty I'll try another brand out or not if I'm satisfied of the light.
keep up the growing ! :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom