2020 - 2021 Bubble Kush RQS, Bubba Kush Dinafem, Sour Tangie GOG, Strawberry Amnesia Dinafem

BluePhoric

Hi, it has been a while !

I've grown a few plants since, but did not take the time to make a journal.

I have also made bubble hash with a BlueDream, and plan to make some with Liberty Haze (lots of sticky trichs, made great finger hash).

Plants I've grown since last time...

RQS Lemon shining silver haze : Great plant (2x big as others in same growing conditions), big harvest, great taste and high.
Barney's Liberty Haze : Good plant but small harvest. Great taste and high... will make great hash I'm sure.
Seedman Dr. CBD : Disapointing. Nice purple color tho.

This time, I'll be growing :

Bubble Kush aka Bubblegum X O.G. Kush, (Royal Queen)
Bubba Kush, (Dinafem)
Sour Tangie, (Garden of green)
Strawberry amnesia (Dinafem)

I've been growing in 2Gal tissue pots, but I bought 3Gals for this grow.
Still growing in coco (used compressed coco before), but got a bag of H&G Cocos this time.

Nutes : General Hydro MAXI GROW and MAXI BLOOM
Lights : MH 450W - 600W / HPS 600W
Medium : H&G Cocos mixed with 25-30 % perlite
Pot : 3gal fabric pots.

housegardencoco.jpg

Seeds in Jyffy pellets on November 29.

I saw little roots on the bottom on December 3rd and decided to put them in solo cups right away :

03-12-2020.jpg

~ 24 hours later, December 4th, there they are ( The Bubba kush did'nt show up yet ;-)

04-12-2020.jpg

Blue! You're back! Good to see ya. I'm just a couple weeks ahead of you on my grow - thanks for checking in there. I'll keep an eye on yours. Looks like a good start....100%.

Blue! You're back! Good to see ya. I'm just a couple weeks ahead of you on my grow - thanks for checking in there. I'll keep an eye on yours. Looks like a good start....100%.

Hey ! Interesting strains you got there... Peyote Zkittles, Weding Gelato...

Nice report at the end of your last grow. Darn... ~200g per plant.
1000W HPS and 63 days of veg seem to pay off!

BP

I use 600W HPS for flowering, so the usable space is about 4' x 4'. So I can't Veg for too long...

I'd have the space for a 1000W, but the heat is the culprit in my situation.

==> I had to move my grow space in another area of my basement, right with the central heating and water heater. It gets hotter in there than where it was before.

At plant height, I already have 28-29° Celcius (83° F) with an MH running at 450W (600W@75%).
BTW the lamp is well ventilated (enclosed in reflector) and fan sucking heat away.

I just ordered a 400MH (cheap Philips) bulb to put in my 600W ballast at 75% (will run 12% higher than spec. at 450W).
I hope it won't bust on me. The 600w bulb running at 75% was not optimal, plus it was old. Should still do ok for the first few weeks though.

I also ordered a new 600W HPS Ushio HiLUX GRO. My old bulbs came with the used reflector, then used for about 4 grows and were way past due I guess.

The grow will probably suffer a bit from the higher temps, but I'll do what I can with the conditions I got.

BP

StrawAmnesia_specs.jpg

Strawberry Amnesia »»» Strawberry Cough x Original Amnesia

Strawberry Cough »»» Strawberry Fields x Haze
Strawberry Fields (Indica from Vermont)
Haze (Sativa)

Original Amnesia »»» Super Silver Haze Probably
»»»Haze (Sativa)
»»»Skunk #1 (70% Sativa)
»»»Haze (Sativa) x NL #5 (Mostly Indica)

Nice selection. You've got all aspects covered...relaxing Indica to uplifting Sativa

Yeah, 1000w might be too hot in your space without adding some cooling.

My strategy for controlling heat is first to skip summer. Then, I run the lights-on period overnight, both for cooler nighttime temps and cheaper nighttime electric rates. My reflector doesn't have the flanges for attaching ducting, so I just have my extraction duct up above it venting out a basement window. Seems to work out OK for the (9-month) cool season.

I've been running cheap Plantmax bulbs. The 400w MH is about $10 and the 1000W HPS is about $25. I recycle them after two grows. I've run Hortilux bulbs in the past and I can't tell any difference.

Your seedlings are looking good! I like it when they all stay about the same size.

Nice selection. You've got all aspects covered...relaxing Indica to uplifting Sativa

Yeah, 1000w might be too hot in your space without adding some cooling.

My strategy for controlling heat is first to skip summer. Then, I run the lights-on period overnight, both for cooler nighttime temps and cheaper nighttime electric rates. My reflector doesn't have the flanges for attaching ducting, so I just have my extraction duct up above it venting out a basement window. Seems to work out OK for the (9-month) cool season.

I've been running cheap Plantmax bulbs. The 400w MH is about $10 and the 1000W HPS is about $25. I recycle them after two grows. I've run Hortilux bulbs in the past and I can't tell any difference.

Your seedlings are looking good! I like it when they all stay about the same size.

I dont vent the duct to the outside. I'd have to make a hole in the foundation... witch I wont.

Isn't venting to the outside costly energy-wise ?

I measured the temp 2.5 feet under the light and it's around 26deg, about 25 average in the room.

The HPS runs less hot than the MH, and the plants will be lower in relation to the bulb, so I think It should be fine.

The RH is also low, about 25% (will be less sometime in the winter); It's less problematic than having HI-RH + Hi-temps.

It's actually colder in my basement during summer. But much more RH ;-)

I plan to manifold my 4 plants (only did it once with a Blue dream). I'll make 8 colas instead of 16... trying to keep everything inside a 4x4 area. But the girls will grow taller, having less branches.

2-jpg.1823443

Back
Top Bottom