Lady Cannafan Puts On The Gloves - RQS x Mike Tyson 2.0 -Clash Of Titans 3 Strains

Update on the broken branches. It's been about 9 days and they are forming knuckles and healing well. I took the tape off extremely carefully, because I wanted to get photos. If this happens again, the tape is staying right where it is. The moving around of the branch did cause a couple of small bleeds of maroon/red liquid. They are still propped up with a reverse carhook on a skewer.

Good morning and good work Dr. Cannafan!

Thank you kind sir! I added to the post. The removal of the tape caused a couple of small bleeds, but it will be fine.
I think I like your idea of a splint. Not sure if there is a delicate flexible tape you leave on indefinitely…

I think I like your idea of a splint. Not sure if there is a delicate flexible tape you leave on indefinitely…
Splint works well if you have a fairly straight branch. The curvature of these when the breaks happened would have made it difficult, but could be done. I've left tape on branches that were grafted, the plant just dealt with it and still grew without a problem.

Update 4-21-24

Water/Feed/minor defoliation/training.....and troubles.

While I was tending to the kids late this morning, I found two broken branches on the Punch Pie (Kimberly). I don't have a clue how they got broken, and it appears it was sometime yesterday based on the browned edges of the breaks. Surprisingly they were still alive, just hanging there by a small amount of "skin".
So, I went into a bit of grafting mode and gently moved the ends back together and put micropore tape around them. They are propped up to hold them there with sticks.
Let's hope they grow back together and get a knuckle going. If not, well.....I'll attempt clones from them.

Edit: Almost forgot, I put a couple drops of water on the broken ends before taping them up. Just for moisture, because the ends looked dried out a bit.

poor baby. i once split my stalk straight down the middle during transplant , she turned out a beast!

20231207_191403.jpg

20231214_184016.jpg

20231214_184026.jpg

20240305_182852.jpg

Update on the broken branches. It's been about 9 days and they are forming knuckles and healing well. I took the tape off extremely carefully, because I wanted to get photos. If this happens again, the tape is staying right where it is. The moving around of the branch did cause a couple of small bleeds of maroon/red liquid. They are still propped up with a reverse carhook on a skewer.

Excellent Job!! You plant Surgeon/Healer ! Do you make house calls? lol

Video of the garden. Light schedule will flip tomorrow.

I've decided what to do with the three clones. They are doing great.
I want them outside when it's free of frosts, so I think I will plant them into the 5 gallon fabric pots and let them go until they get fairly big on the porch, then take them outside and transfer to the ground by cutting the fabric pot away. These pots were not expensive and I have plenty of them. They should get big enough that they won't be bothered with animals wanting to dig into the pots or chewing the smaller plants up. We shall see.......

Back
Top Bottom