20x3 gallon or 12x5 gallon?

ScrogNub

Last grow I did 12 plants (12 different strains) in 5g pots and the root system barely touched the sides or bottom on any of the pots. That is telling me that I may be able to get away with more plants but in smaller pots. I vegged my plants for like ever. so question is 20x3 gallon or 12x5 gallon again? For room setup ect questions please refer to the grow in my signature.

Cheers!

A pot scale I have used for many years has worked without wasting supply's. One gallon per month of total grow. Three month veg with two ish flower = 5gallons. The key is not to root bound. Don't know how long you did for your total grow.

My outdoor grows have always been in 3gal pots-3'-3.5' plants yielding about 5-6 oz ea.
My original thinking was that,since I move them around,a 3 is easier to carry than a 5,
and I found that they do about what I want them to do in a 3,so that's why I stuck with them.
I know you grow indoors (and do it very well,judging by your journal) I'm just relating what works for me outside.
Plus,I'm an old fart,and carrying heavy stuff around is not one of my favorite things to do anymore
(actually,it never was)

I use fabric pots in 3 and 5 gal. Doesn't make any difference for me. My 5 gals don't get any bigger than the 3s. I was most dissapointed when I realised lol

Add around two gallons to fabric pots compared to plastic. So 3gallon fabric = 5 gallon plastic. 5gallon fabric =7 gallon plastic.

Back
Top Bottom