2nd Night On 12/12 - Then I Left The Light On

mzxsdi600

This is my first run and just started the 12 on/ 12 off 2 day's ago. But tonight i left one light on for 2 1/2 hrs. Will this screw my flowering process ?

Can i fix this or will It run through ?

What type of fertilizer should I use

-Wht widow strain
- in soil ( mixed stuff)
-200w l.E.D (ufo )
-8 weeks old

thanks
J

Re: 2nd night on 12/12 and then i left the light On

Pictures 2nd time ?
IMG_056116.JPG

Relax, it'll be fine this close to the flip. No sweat.

:thumb:

You'll be fine, just resume your 12 hr schedule like you had it, I've been 3wks in before and had a timer malfunction I had the lights back to 24 from 12 it was over a wk when I caught it.. It added bulk to my flower by starting new growth before they went back o flowering. they didn't hermie or anything caused some new leaf and added weight and of course made the flowere period longer. This actually started me into a little research where I hav now been able to revert plants Half way through to add bulk and encourage foxtailing. This works great for adding extra finished weight and bulking buds up it also leafs up the bud a little so its not great if uour looking for just smoke quality as you would want less leaf to interfere.This isn't standard practice for my grows but it was impressive to be able to do that. I had hardy strains though and amazing phenos. Fig it may give u a little piece of mind.. Good luck!

Thanks for helping !
I left the vertical white light on for 2 1/2 hrs. I bet we all learn at some time ?
The pots are some type of Air pot ( it has 2 walls , 1 w/holes(3) around outside. And 2nd inner wall like a weave).I can feel/ see the soil medium.
again Thanks
J

Yah you'll be good mate, I've heard some phenos of w.w. are a little sensitive but your switch up was so slight and close I doubt you caused any stress. I always start my flowering with a 36hr dark period before starting my 12. It's appears to cause them a better start they show very strongly earlier and just seem to switch gears better, I've had real results doin so, just an idea for ya, there are alot pro growers that have the same results. To each their own and I'm sure your pretty girls will turn out sexy as hell regardless!! Good luck mate you'll figure it out.

I wouldnt suggest going to 36 hours of dark now...just stay the course and you will have pre flowers within 5 days. The males typically show themselves faster.

Honestly I would not change anything now as long your back on 12 hr. I don't know your experience with growing our favorite plant or your experience with w.w. but if you have not grown before I strongly suggest just growing a couple of cycles and getting to know the plants and learning what to expect etc. before you start trying to significantly change growth patterns and stuff. I don't mean to say I know more than you or you don't know what your doin, it's just alot can happen when you start stressing them out and indon't wanna be the guy that told you to do something that ruined your crop, you get what I mean? I mean no disrespect. Another note I have a pheno that will start producing flowers within 12 days of the flip and also have grown plants that didn't show good flower growth for 4wks, needless I say I didn't clone them out, but don't be surprised if you don't have flowers in 5 days.. I def got no problem sharing anything I learned with you tho if you want still just let me know.. Sorry for writing a book here I'm new o journaling and what not, not to growing tho. Stay green my friend:thumb:

Thank you for the quick reply. I'll wait.
This site Rock's! I have been smok'in since 1984 and perfered black hash . But now , I can not grow fast enough. And man , its so much better with friends!

forever learning......
J

:420: it really is awesome to have so many like minded people share our common goal! I'm learning as much as anyone mate its just sometimes I get to share my knowledge. I'm glad I could help yah feel free to hit me up if you need anything if I can help I will.. Good luck!!

I just add a heater ( small ceramic) , the room was staying around 76. Was this a good idea ? I am able to control the temperature ( it's running 80 now).
my light problem is fixed ( remove all white light )and running 12/12 with 1- 200w ufo , fan, heater, w.w (strain), and soil.

Thanks for the help, I do sleep better!
Cheer's
J

The heater was a good idea - warmer is faster growth.

Ideal highs are in the 75-80 range. I just added a 500 watt baseboard heater to mine ($25), with a nifty day/night thermostat I found online ($60). I have it set at 79 day/60 night, for now.

You might want to see what the wattage is on that small ceramic heater. I was going to use one, but most of them run 1000 or 1500 watts, and that could cause some electrical overload issues. You really shouldn't run more than 1500 watts on a 15 amp circuit - 1800 watts is maxed out (15 amps x 120 volts).

IMO I wouldn't run a heater at 76 to try to get it to 80, but I'm not as particular as alot of people. My temps tend to dance around 78. Alot of time those ceramic small heater have an unreliable and inaccurate thermostat too( speaking from experience ) I don't remember exactly off the top of my head what exact ideal temps are for soil but ill check after work tonight. There's an awesome article in the Canna Magazine last month about temps if you can reference it. I'm sure if you probe around info on here you'll find great info as well, there is no better place on earth to get cannabis info!!

He makes a good point tho you may really need it at lights off. If you can accurately keep it at 80 with the ceramic heat then go for it. I had some of those small ones and they wouldn't shut off when they were suppose too and it seemed erratic

My room is unheated underground concrete block in a sub-zero climate, so I, ahem, needed a heater - temps were struggling to reach 70.

But if the room is already mid-70s, forget the heater. I may have misunderstood. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hi NotoriousBOB! :peace: I too am new to this journaling thing and have yet to master it for sure. I have started a soil grow in my closet I would love you to take a look at. I have pics and what I thought was a journal but apparently I was wrong but I think you can go to my profile and then it will show you "Dennise,Newest of Newbies" and you will see pics from yesterday then after replant today. Any feedback would so greatly be appreciated. If you look and leave a comment I will give you any other info on the grow I can and I really would appreciate any advice. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom