300W LiteBrite (LED) Multi-Strain Perpetual Grow

Thanks guys!

beautiful smoke!was wondering what camera you use.im looking into buying one and really like the quality yours has.thanks

I use a 35mm Canon Digital Eos Rebel, and a Pentax 7MP digital for the close up macros.

They are all looking wicked-awesome, though I'm partial to those Blue Mystics of yours.

I can't get over how good they look. For being only a week or two older than mine, they sure look further along in regard to filling out & thickening up. What ever you are doing, keep it up! ("That's what she said!")

Endive, thanks man she is looking very tasty. Her hairs are more mauve (pink) in color and will be done on day 55, Feb. 1st. Last one was pulled at day 52 due to the Blue Widow hermie, so this one will get to the full 55 days, currently about 25% amber.

Endive, thanks man she is looking very tasty. Her hairs are more mauve (pink) in color and will be done on day 55, Feb. 1st. Last one was pulled at day 52 due to the Blue Widow hermie, so this one will get to the full 55 days, currently about 25% amber.

Shes looking mighty tasty, bro, mighty tasty!! Great job on this one!

Just a quick photo update and I hope to do a full update tomorrow or Monday.

The the oldest 3rd Dimension and Blue Mystic will both come down on Tuesday.

Tent is back to LED only, with the exception of the single 65w 2700k cfl in between for when it is real cold, I also just lay a small piece of a car widow sun deflector over the top to reflect as much of the CFL downwards as I can. 180w LED on the right and 120w LED on the left
IMGP2021.JPG

Blue Mystic trichs, the hairs are a dark pink color
IMGP2006.JPG

3rd Dimension trichs
IMGP2002.JPG

3rd dimension cola, she is not the biggest yielder but her smoke is just incredible, honestly the best I have ever had. I will get around an oz. from her once she dries and cures. I have 3 3rd Dimesnion clones at two weeks old, 3 NL clones at 1 week, and just took 3 clones from my Dutch Passion Brainstorm (aka. Hempstar) for my SOG that will crop 3 plants every 3 to 4 weeks. Plan on running this setup through the end of April, don't know if I want to fight the heat this summer so I am stockpiling while I can :)
IMGP2020.JPG

Sorry for the long pause, but life happens. I just wanted to make a quick post and let those following this thread know it is still alive and well!

Blue Mystic and 3rd Dimension were harvested at day 60 and are now curing, pics coming soon.

I have been wanting to get a new tent but have just stuck it out with my old 4x2x5 tent and keeping everything as short as possible. That changed 2 days ago when the wife asked what I wanted for my B-day in May, I instantly said "3x3x6.5" tent! Well the wife said just go ahead and get it now, looked online first for pricing then went to a newly opened hydro shop to see what they had, I try to support my local shops as much as I can. Spoke with the owner and he said he would match the $125 (shipped) 3x3x6.5, so I headed home to start the setup and transfer.

But wait! Here is the new tent, not a 3x3x6.5, biggest plants on the left are 2ft Blue Mystics. Excuse the wiring, haven't had time to tie and tuck everything
IMG_4369.JPG

The box it came in even had the 3x3x6.5 on it, but the tent is a 3x4x7.5, their screw-up, my bonus. When I put the base structure together it was obvious it wasn't a 3x3. No freaking problem with headroom now LOL! The roof is only 4" from my ceiling. I had to add 1ft pieces of chains to my yo-yo's since they wouldn't go low enough. Still using the 4" 190cfm inline fan and it is actually running 2 degrees above ambient, would always run 4 to 6 degrees above ambeint in my 2x4x5. I am still having to run the 250hps (unducted) to keep it in the 70's, but will go back to LED's when the temps come back up. I just love that I can just unzip and walk in :)

Awesome work BC!!
Those trich shots are insane!

I also love the title to this journal because of this...

There's a hydro shop here, a really bad one ran by a couple ass clowns. One day my regular shop was closed and I needed some nutes so I went there to get them since I was in a pinch.
As I was walking up to the counter there was another guy in front of me looking for led advice from the manager. The guy had seen a few grows online with great results and wanted to buy one but did'nt know what to look for.
Rather than help the fella out with decent advice the manager calls one of his employees to the front and says "this customer wants to buy an led grow light" The employee goes to the back and returns with a Lite Brite.
Their next move which was clearly planned as they have probably been doing the same routine to every customer who asks about leds is to act like jerks telling the guy that led grows are bs as they do a ridiculous wannabe comic routine making fun of the guy for even asking about them. While at the same time telling him the only way to grow and get results that he sees in magazines was with a $600 digi ballast, a $250 reflector, and a $120 bulb...the most expensive gear they had in the store
It was a disgusting display of ignorance.
The guy felt like shit and walked out. I put the bottle of nutes down and walked out behind him thinking "No way will these clowns get a dime from me ever again"
Your journal will always remind me of that day.
Much respect to you my friend for posting your outstanding grow and showing others the possibilties that can be achieved with led.:Namaste:

Bandit420, thanks for the props man, just trying to keep it all green. The "Lite Brite" reminds me of a page from a Texas based store Texas Hydroponics &... , that is what made me choose the title of my grow.

A few months back I picked up a couple of plant supports at HD and figured it was time to test one out, room to use it was always a previous concern but with the new tent that is not a problem. I chose to test it out on one of my TGA 3rd Dimensions since she always needs support stakes. This 3D was vegged for 30 days, and is currently at day 12 of 12/12 under the 180w LED. I guess it would be similar to a 1 plant scrog

IMG_4386.JPG

IMG_43792.JPG

Blue Mystic day 44
IMG_4372.JPG

IMG_43732.JPG

Northern Lights day 42
IMG_4376.JPG

Blue Mystic twins and NL under the 250hps
IMG_4385.JPG

Here is the 3rd Dimension that I harvested at day 60, ended up with 32 grams dried and is curing now.
IMGP2037.JPG

Blue Mystic day 48 of flowering, she has almost doubled in thickness from the last 4 days
IMGP2049.JPG

Trichs are about 75% cloudy/25% clear on Blue Mystic
IMGP2061.JPG

Northern Lights day 47 of flowering
IMGP2050.JPG

NL tricks about 90% cloudy with a few ambers starting to show
IMGP2056.JPG

NL at day 7 of flower, and 3D at day 14 of flower (single scrog)
IMGP2062.JPG

Tent with the 250hps and 180w LED
IMGP2063.JPG

Endive, I figure 10 to 14 days left, I will be harvesting the 3 (2 bm's and 1 nl) around March 1st. I already have another NL clone and the first Dutch Passion Brainstorm clones ready to go in once the BM's and NL's finish.

I might have to start a new journal since I have changed a few things and added a few new toys to my grow.

With the new 3'x4'x7.5' flowering tent I have decided to remove the LED's and replaced them with my dimmable 400w hps cooltube on a 10rpm light mover set to pause for 20 seconds on each end. The light mover only moves 18" but it allows for the light to be 6" from the tops with no dark areas in the tent. I removed the 4" 170cfm fan/filter and replaced it with a 6" 440cfm fan and filter on a speed controller.

I didn't want to throw away my old 2x4x5 tent so I have now set it up as my veg & mom tent in my spare bathroom, added slats and a 2'x4' panel to support it over the tub. The tent has the 180w LED just running the veg spectrum. I have also set up my clone area in the spare bathroom as well.

Full tent shot
IMGP2078.JPG

6" fan, filter, and light mover
IMGP2079.JPG

Currently 6 flowering girls at differrent ages staggered to harvest one plant every 7 to 10 days. Northern Lights, Brainstorm (Hempstar), and my fast 3rd Dimension Lemon Sativa pheno.
IMGP2081.JPG

Veg/mom area
IMGP2082.JPG

2x4x5 veg/mom tent fits perfectly in the shower
IMGP2083.JPG

LED Veg tent occupants:
1. Current TGA 3rd Dimension mom. Fast lemon sativa pheno, shows ambers around 35 days, finishes in 60
2. Topped Brainstorm clone
3. Brainstorm mom
4. Northern Lights mom
5. Brainstorm clone
6. 5th Dimension - Blue Widow x 3rd Dimension.
IMG_4423_copy.jpg

That bloom box looks amazing! I really like the mover, something I love to get one day. With all the ducting I expect it to flail and shout "Warning Will Robinson! Danger!"

I have switched to my HPS and I have put the flowering LED's away until the heat of the summer returns. This journal will be paused until then, or the mods can just move it to completed, whichever works best for the site. I will be starting a new multi-strain perpetual journal as soon as I take a few new photos today.

Thank you to everyone that has been tagging along for 19 pages, and thanks to all those that gave positive advise.

BC

Back
Top Bottom