300w LED - Sunset Kush

I wasn't going to journal this LR2 grow, but I'm going to try to grow a mom and cut some genetically identical clones for the upcoming LED/HID comparison, so I thought these LR2's would be fun to watch finish under the 300w LED while waiting for my PPP mom and clones to be ready.

I germinated the seeds in Rapid Rooters that I placed directly into some 6" self-watering pots. These pots have a small res at the bottom, which the plants are now emptying twice daily. The medium is 100% perlite.

They were in my cab under my 110w T5 until two days ago, when I put them in the tent under the LED.

I thought they were growing fast under the T5, but the transition to the LED went very smoothly and they've really taken off. The light is currently at 28" off the plants and that's about all they can handle for now. They aren't stretching a bit and doing great under the LED.

I'm going to transplant the three LR2's into proper hempy buckets tomorrow as they definitely need more space.

The other two plants were staggered one and two weeks after I germinated the LR2's. They're a NL/william's wonder/violator kush cross I made with one of the VK culls from my last grow. The LR2's are fem seed, but the cross is regular seed, so hoping for the best.

Here's a few pics I took earlier tonight:

P10002312.JPG

P1000222.JPG

P1000224.JPG

P1000226.JPG

For nutes, I've been using a combination of Osmocote Plus and FF Grow Big Hydro. The OC+ was top-dressed at the rate of 1tsp per 6" pot, and the Grow Big fed at 1/2 strength. Not sure what I'm going to add for bloom, maybe some GH Maxi bloom.

I'm hoping these LR2's entertain us a little while we're waiting for the PPP clones to be ready for the LED/HID comparison ;)

re: 420 Consumer Reports - GrowLEDHydro Spectra 300w LED / Lowryder II by Setting Sun

SS, Those are some fat and sassy kids, quite precocious :smokin:

Semi-hempy? I've got my seat :popcorn:

:peace:

re: 420 Consumer Reports - GrowLEDHydro Spectra 300w LED / Lowryder II by Setting Sun

Thanx Setting Sun, I'm all eyes and ears.
:peace:

:woohoo:

Affordable nutes? Im in.

:popcorn::);):grinjoint::reading420magazine: SS, I'm so happy to see you doing hempy.... or semi hempy... or whatever. Ok, I'm just happy to watch you grow! :peace: brother

Oh.....Setting Sun has a journal?

Ah....the usual spectacular plants, clean set up......typical excellence.....

;)

Two questions, bro:

1.)Are you top watering, or bottom?
2.)When you upcan, how are you going to place the OC+ ?

I've been top-watering and bottom watering. The access hole at the bottom gives me lots of flexibility.

I can mix up something and deliver it right to the root zone through that hole with a syringe, turkey baster, etc.

I had planned to do the whole grow with just the OC+, but the seedlings were looking a little ragged, so I added the liquid fert.

In retrospect, I think they were looking a little ragged because the roots hadn't hit the res yet, so when I transplant, I'm going to try to stick to just the OC+ and discontinue all other nutes and supplements.

I'm thinking of splitting the OC charge so that 1/2 gets sprinkled about an inch above the damn hole, and the other half about 2" below the surface and localized in one spot that I will mark on the bucket so I can water over that spot.

Regular hempy buckets can be bottom-watered easily if you use a large syringe or just stick the sprayer nozzle right into the damn hole. Straight shot into the root zone.

Since the res on these little 6" pots is so small, the plants uptake what I give them really quickly. It only takes a few minutes to see how they react to different things.

Their favorite cocktail has been a shot of Maxicrop kelp extract.

After the transplant into the regular Hempy buckets, however, I'm really going to try to stick with just the OC+ and see how things go. That was the original plan.

These little 6" self-watering pots are great for germination through 2-3 weeks of veg. They take up twice as much space as cups, but I think they give the plants a better start. My two NL/WW/VK plants in the cups don't seem to be growing as fast, but it's a different strain, so hard to compare.

I'll try to put up some more pics after the transplant.

thanks doc!

This makes my day! Looking forward to another masterpiece!

Great start!

:cool::nicethread::peace:

:woohoo:

Affordable nutes? Im in.

very affordable and you just add water.

cheap and easy ;)

let's see how they work

:popcorn::);):grinjoint::reading420magazine: SS, I'm so happy to see you doing hempy.... or semi hempy... or whatever. Ok, I'm just happy to watch you grow! :peace: brother

It will be full-on hempy tonight after I transplant.

thanks bro ;)

HEMPY! HEMPY! HEMPY!

This is a beautiful use of time, space, and resources, while we await the full comparison grow.

Great idea SS ;)

Back
Top Bottom