300w LED - Sunset Kush

Re: 420 Cannasumer Reports - GrowLEDHydro Spectra 300w LED / Sunset Kush by Setting S

Congratulations Sun :cheer:

thank you!

So you think Sunset Kush is better than VK? I want some of that! :)

It's probably not quite as good for pure pain relief as VK, but I like the buzz quite a bit better.

Taking bit of a break in Journaling is a good idea. Get the head back together.
A mind rest is good :) You've been busy a long time. Love your Dog!
You wont rest for long though.....something about...... comparisons !:grinjoint:

no shortage of things to compare,

so many grows, so little time ;)

thanks for visiting, my friend ;)

Re: 420 Cannasumer Reports - GrowLEDHydro Spectra 300w LED / Sunset Kush by Setting S

How would you rate your spectra on this grow ss? Do you feel the 300W could be replaced with a lesser wattage in that tent? What about running dual 180(240w) units?

I am trying to find the breaking point between more units, or bigger units, and what the breaking point is on wattage. When does more wattage not equal more light output, over area total? Does that make sense?

Thanks for sharing your grow bro...you're set!

Go

Hi SS,

Just got done setting up my GLH 300W. First impressions:

- this thing is BRIGHT.
- you should really be wearing eye protection when working around this light!
- i sort of feel like I have a low level sunburn on my face? I don't get much sun!

Woo!

Hi SS,

Just got done setting up my GLH 300W. First impressions:

- this thing is BRIGHT.
- you should really be wearing eye protection when working around this light!
- i sort of feel like I have a low level sunburn on my face? I don't get much sun!

Woo!

:welcome: brother!

Those were my first impressions too, and I also liked the coverage.

It's a very intense light compared to previous generations of LED lights, and I *always* protect my eyes and skin when working around either the LED or HID.

congrats on your new light!

Sorry I took so long to respond, had a medicinal emergency, I have suddenly developed a growth on my hand, looks allot like trimming shears;)

must have caught it from me ;)

As far as pulling the trigger, I don't know for your strain, but I think the LED stretch factor [or lack thereof] would affect this decision. You could flip as soon as the clones started growing if you want an equivalent to 1 week from seed, but there are others out there growing SOG this way that have forgotten more about it than I know, you know many peoples here, better to ask this of someone with more experience.:smokin:

I just needed a reference point because I was clueless, so new growth equaling 1 week from seed is very helpful, thanks.

More like through my reading glasses! :tokin:

;)

She's pushing lateral growth hard since I tipped her to begin The MotherShip Makeover, funny thing is that the very bottom branches next to the ground have gone apeshit, blown right by the fan leaves and they're almost to the top of the plant. She busted sod three days after planting, I LIKE IT! :)

sounds good, like a little bush monster ;)

I was looking at my outdoor LR2's this morning. The one that got off to a rough start has caught up and has a slightly different shape than her sisters. Her petioles are longer, and so her fans stick out farther and catch more light.

Short internodes with long petioles seems like an efficient shape. She got some pollen too ;).

thank you bel

You got dried bud pix yet?

b:smokin:

gonna weigh them and take pics tonight ;)

had a medicinal emergency, I have suddenly developed a growth on my hand, looks allot like trimming shears ;)
must have caught it from me ;)
An epidemic :bitingnails: Edward Scissorhand Syndrome

Pics! Pics! Pics! :)

Onan was a wanker.

I hear that guy was pretty seedy, too..

An epidemic :bitingnails: Edward Scissorhand Syndrome

He's such a cut-up! :)

More like through my reading glasses! :tokin:

Through The Looking Bifocals?

To Er is humane

To W(h)ine is Divine? :rollingeyes:

The Grapes of Wrath? :whoa:

<hic!>

Sorry I took so long to respond, had a medicinal emergency, I have suddenly developed a growth on my hand, looks allot like trimming shears;)

Glad you're 'feeling better,' ;)

They say Medicine is a growth industry...

I wonder if he was related to Edward the Mad Shirt Grinder?

We get the Message! :smokin:

(Don't Shoot the Messenger...) :hookah:

-----

So...very...hard...to...stop...
|

humor is good medicine too ;)

The buds dried nicely and I weighed them tonight. They're just a tad drier than I would have taken them if I hadn't used the RH meters. I think I'll use them again on the next harvest, but I'll mentally add 5 points to the readings.

IMG_68071.JPG

IMG_6803.JPG

IMG_6810.JPG

IMG_6818.JPG

IMG_6814.JPG

IMG_6823.JPG

IMG_6832.JPG

IMG_6833.JPG

IMG_6831.JPG

IMG_6830.JPG

IMG_6828.JPG

The buds from Vicky smell, taste, and produce a nicer buzz than Shrub's. I like to keep the buds and seeds from each plant in a separate container because it helps me figure out what seeds to choose for future grows.

smoke report tomorrow, cause I'm too high right now, lol

not too bad at all. over a QP from 2 plants that weren't that tall at all and only using TRF. shit if you had 4 plants you could hit or came close to 1/2lb i would think. whats that 4.7oz or something like that from 2 plants?

so no Hay smell?

very nice job my friend, congrats on the smoke you now have.

yep, 131g total, so 4.7oz.

not bad at all, and I could add about another 1/4oz for a couple of buds that I gave to other patients, and some smaller buds that I smoked before weighing.

The buds are still losing chlorophyll, so they don't smell as good as they will, but they smell fine.

thanks Irish!

it's nice to have some meds ;)

yep, 131g total, so 4.7oz.

not bad at all, and I could add about another 1/4oz for a couple of buds that I gave to other patients, and some smaller buds that I smoked before weighing.

The buds are still losing chlorophyll, so they don't smell as good as they will, but they smell fine.

thanks Irish!

it's nice to have some meds ;)

yup i would say that a success for sure, mainly if you think of the big picture that this was your 1st grow using these lights and TRF, so its only going to get better now that we know more about the light height and the TRF and you know what strain yields better and your still fine tuning the mediums. i say its only gonna get better for you the more you use this light and get things dialed in. the question is how far can we push the plants with these lights? i have a feeling theirs still allot of stuff we haven't learned about these led lights, i mean theirs been lots of years and growers using HID so with Google we can learn almost all we need to know about HID. But with LEDs if a different ball park since its still new teck.. all i know from my grow and your grow and Mikes and others is these lights grow some great plants. so now we know if our plants or someones plants dont do good its probably the grower or another issue why the plants yielded like they did, not the lights. i mean i know i wont yield crazy on my grow but i wont even blame my lights for it because it was other reasons, shit the lights with the less IR probably is the reason their still alive in my temps.lol

allot of people complain on how much led lights cost, witch they are allot of money dont get me wrong but my point is on your 1st harvest your crop value paid for the light on ur 1st grow with just 2 plants! not a bad deal in my book.. i know its even easier to pay for a HID setup on ur 1st grow also, but i am just saying.. i know my value on my 1st grow with the 600w paid for that lights and some. so its allot of money up front but they will pay for its self on the 1st grow, just Imagen if you had more plants in their? something to think about when everyone says leds arnt worth it because of the cost. the main thing we need to know now is can leds grow more potent buds then HID? thats a huge deciding factor to know?

great job brother. enjoy the smoke! i cant wait to i can smoke my own weed again, nothing like smoking ur own grown weed its that much better IMO. its killing me because my room smells like i few skunks died in their, just reeks real bad, i cant wait

All I can say is wow! Vicky truly had an amazing yield and the shrub did ok. I could only imagine 4 girls like Vicky in that setup and the crucial yield you would have. I have really enjoyed all the harvest to dried pics. Looks like you now have some great meds! Thanks for doing this grow SS. You keep my inspiration high for these GLH lights and teach me so much on new grow methods. I can't wait to start using TRF's in the future. I have like 10 hydro magazines laying around with thousands of nutrient advertisements, but in the end, growing MJ is simple and all these 10 part nute treatments are kinda pointless. With the MJ industry inflation, one solid grow can provide all payback on the high cost of LEDs so I figure cost should never be the issue. I can't wait to see how well you can tune in the light with the PPP plants. Those high yielders should be a lot of fun. I can already tell a significant difference between stretching periods in flowering for HID grows and LED grows, but not sure how yields are affected, because my LED girls are soo dense. Can't wait to see where your next grow takes you. This one was great though! You are the man.

~MJ~

FANTASTIC! Like Irish said, that yield covers the cost of the lights!

IMG_6828.JPG

SWEET!

yup, sure does, and one plant yielded 3.2oz. The other plant hadn't been vegged quite as long, so they yield would have been higher if it had.

I'm very satisfied with the results, considering this was my first grow with this light and I'm just starting to dial things in.

Back
Top Bottom