30 Day Veg vs 60 Day Veg for perpetual yield SCROG?

Trippyness

Hello 420 Members.

I come here to ask this.

I am creating a new setup.

4000W of Gavita DE

24 Plants in 5 Gallon Ebb and Flow system

All clones

Strains
Blue Dream
Viper Cookies
Both are heavy yielders.

Will be running SCROG on the whole room.

I have very high ceilings and sufficient grow space.

I have been debating this on another forum but came here for some new advice.

There is a post here
How vegetative growth time exponentially affects yield

That has solid evidence that running a 60 day veg over a 30 day will increase yields exponentially.

Meaning less harvests but much more product over a 12 month calendar period.

I am wondering on how yield will be affected in a 30 day vs 60 day veg on good genetics from clone.

I will be running very HIGH PAR as well as C02 and everything else.

Not my first grow and I know what im doing.

Just want to get some expert advice.

My flower room is also my veg room so with a 30 day veg and around 60 day flower I could get 4 harvests a year, but if using the 60 day veg id get 3 a year but possible pull alot more weight.

Looking for serious advice and if anyone has experiance please let me know.

I do mine about 7 weeks - that's time to top the plants 3x + branch bending and keep them short enough to get under the screen real bushy and lollipopped. Once under I go GLR for about 1 week to 10 days to fill the screen to 80-90%. 8 plants in 5 gallon pots in a 10x5 under about 1700 tru LED watts. Only started growing last year and now pulling about 2.5+ regularly. first runs with only 4 weeks veg and filling the screen the same only about 65% of that. I don't use any fancy nutes - just JRPeters - still learning but 7 weeks of veg vs 4 makes a huge impact to me so far.

Cheers -

I know all about John I have seen tons of his vids.
Liked them up until he used Spectrum King LED which is by far the worst out there.

Thats a terible room, those plants are stressed as fuck and heat issues.

Thanks ill just do some tests myself.

Trippy: I have found that more mature plants in veg tend to show preflowers on their own when they are ready for 12/12. More mature plants will have stronger stems and bigger rootballs to nourish those future buds. You cannot help but get larger yields and nicer buds from mature plants.

Can you do an experiment with one of your ladies? Leave her under veg until SHE starts showing, at least 45-60 days, then follow through with 12/12. Compare your per-plant yield with the smaller plants.

Trippy: I have found that more mature plants in veg tend to show preflowers on their own when they are ready for 12/12. More mature plants will have stronger stems and bigger rootballs to nourish those future buds. You cannot help but get larger yields and nicer buds from mature plants.

Can you do an experiment with one of your ladies? Leave her under veg until SHE starts showing, at least 45-60 days, then follow through with 12/12. Compare your per-plant yield with the smaller plants.

I shall be doing this. My main concerin is in a 12 month peroid which would yield more 4 harvests vegged at 4 weeks scrog lst topped or 3 vegged 8 weeks with the same all in hydro.
I will be testing this

I do mine about 7 weeks - that's time to top the plants 3x + branch bending and keep them short enough to get under the screen real bushy and lollipopped. Once under I go GLR for about 1 week to 10 days to fill the screen to 80-90%. 8 plants in 5 gallon pots in a 10x5 under about 1700 tru LED watts. Only started growing last year and now pulling about 2.5+ regularly. first runs with only 4 weeks veg and filling the screen the same only about 65% of that. I don't use any fancy nutes - just JRPeters - still learning but 7 weeks of veg vs 4 makes a huge impact to me so far.

Cheers -

Good to know.
My main concern is would vegging 30 days with 4 harvests per year vs 60 days and 3 harvests per year which would yield more?
Ill be growing big plants with alot of PAR and light in ebb and flow.

It would more likely suggest the longer veg produces more yield but is more practical with trained plants :thumb:

Might want to think about a perpetual scrog 3 harvest can be 6 harvests a year...

Back
Top Bottom