300W LED vs. 400W HID Demonstration

re: GrowLEDHydro 300W LED vs. 400W HID Demonstration

thank you bel ;)

and thanks for the pic rating!

interesting, because the pic you rated a *10*, which is LED 4, comes the closest to my ideal indoor plant.

P1010828.JPG

that's just sexy ;)

thank you bel ;)

and thanks for the pic rating!

interesting, because the pic you rated a *10*, which is LED 4, comes the closest to my ideal indoor plant.

P1010828.JPG

that's just sexy ;)

OMG!!! Those are some fat assed buds, SS!! Holy Crap! :tokin:

I'm ready to help with the taste test any time at all, bro, any time at all!!:bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo:

plants look great SS. have u got a band around the bottom of the plant to keep the buds up?:bravo:

The quality of the grow is only second to the quality of the data kept in this journal.

Absolutely amazing!

Setting sun, fantastic journal!

thank you!

What is your secret for keeping them so short and stumpy?

I think the main thing is directing the plant's energy in stretch horizontally instead of vertically. The plant has a finite amount of energy to spend in stretch, and that's it, so if you can redirect that energy horizontally, you keep them nice and short.

What I've been doing is vegging them to around 12", and then tying them down a few days before I flip them to 12/12.

When they go into bloom and start to stretch, they spend most of their energy bushing out sideways instead of getting taller, so it has mostly to do with the timing of things.

And the medium is really 80% perlite/20% soil?

The medium is 70% coco coir and 30% perlite.

And watering by hand right?

yes, watering by hand, although I've been using a submersible pump in a 5-gal bucket and a garden wand to make things faster and easier.

thanks bro!

I think the main thing is directing the plant's energy in stretch horizontally instead of vertically. The plant has a finite amount of energy to spend in stretch, and that's it, so if you can redirect that energy horizontally, you keep them nice and short.

What I've been doing is vegging them to around 12", and then tying them down a few days before I flip them to 12/12.

When they go into bloom and start to stretch, they spend most of their energy bushing out sideways instead of getting taller, so it has mostly to do with the timing of things.
This is very interesting and useful info,
did you document how you tied them down in this journal?
I might have missed that part, I will have to flip back and see what you did exactly.

Thanks

Fantastic results! :cheer:

Are you going to do another soon?

One test is worth a thousand words but two tests just throws a monkey wrench into things.......would be interesting.

:nicethread: :bravo: :bong:

This is very interesting and useful info,
did you document how you tied them down in this journal?
I might have missed that part, I will have to flip back and see what you did exactly.

Thanks

IMG_3118_Medium.JPG

this is from a different grow, but shows things fairly clearly. The first tie on the bottom secures the stem and keeps the roots from getting ripped out when you torque the plant over with the second tie. The bottom tie should have been tied a bit lower down on the stem on this plant.

Depending on stretch, you might have to pull the main cola down a few times to promote an even canopy. If you keep the main cola at or slightly below the height of the other tops, you'll force the plants to redistribute their energy evenly, and wind up with a nice short bushy plants that fill out your grow space and don't require as much penetration.

With the three strains I've tried this on, if I LST them at 12-14", and then flip them 2-4 days later, they've stayed around 24" or less.

I like to have my plants centered in their containers, because it makes it easier to position them, so if I start a grow and I know I'm going to LST, I do my best to remember to transplant my clone or plant my seeds off-center in the container, so when I bend them over, they'll be centered.

You can also LST by just using one tie. Tie it at the top first, then bend the plant over and tie the other end down at the base, like a bowstring.

Some growers release the ties after the plants have remodeled, so that's another option.

LST takes control away from the plant and gives it to the grower.

OMG!!! Those are some fat assed buds, SS!! Holy Crap! :tokin:

I'm ready to help with the taste test any time at all, bro, any time at all!!:bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo:

Nice work sir !!!

Every one of them is gorgeous SS. Thanks for this great journal.

The quality of the grow is only second to the quality of the data kept in this journal.

Absolutely amazing!

thank you brother growers ;)

is there a good garden that i should look for, one that wont do harm to the plants or are they perposley for plants. i think my KALI is gonna need one, all the colas are bnding down abit, i think maybe this might be good for her. before u chop ur ladies down do u give them a 24 hr dark period. i was told of this and was wondering if u thought this is the thing to do? :) :grinjoint:

have you ever heard of The Exhale- Homegrown CO2 Cultivator? do u know if they are any good? says it cultivates 20,000 ppm CO2 in a 5x5/ 4-6 plants.

I imagine 20k is over the course of it's lifetime? Seems scary otherwise.

Anyway I joined this forum for this thread as well as the general open minded view to other lighting possibilities.

I have just bought a spectra 120 and am using it for veg. So far really nice, too early for anything amazing but beating my cfl cab so far.

I would love to buy a spectra 300 for my main cab, but funding is short as of late. ATM I am using a 400w CMH to get the job done.

One request for setting sun. Would it be possible for you to seal your tent or at least turn off the fan with the spectra 300 with only circulation fans on just to see what the I internal temps will stabilize to. It would be very useful for those who grow in a sealed environment with co2. Help us get a baseline on how much ac will be needed.

Thanks for the late late nights read and all the effort on your side

wouldnt an ac unit cause the same effect as venting?

bringing in freshair from outside the environment cooling it and adding it to the current air in the area. you are diluting the co2 when using ac right?

Back
Top Bottom