Hidden Sauna Project: Hempy Buckets, LED & HID

@FelipeBlu @Verbalist guys I'm a little be worried about "bells" on my plant. Is it preflower of male/hermaphrodite?
IMG_9619.jpg

@FelipeBlu @Verbalist guys I'm a little be worried about "bells" on my plant. Is it preflower of male/hermaphrodite?
IMG_9619.jpg
Odd looking stem. Is that just some younger new shoot?

Anyway there is nothing to worry :) Those ”bells” are calyxes, and white pistils growing from them. When theres enough mature calyxes they develop the actual looking bud.
Calyxes usually start developing from cannabis plant nodes.
But I wouldn’t mind at all if my plants would produce calyxes from main stalk up to the top cola all over :laughtwo::laugh: Would be nice to see whole plant covered with bud.

Looking good

Interesting red/orange veins in the first AHa photo. Is that normal for this strain?
:surf:
Hmm, I don't know. It is not so orange in natural light. Foto was taken under the Mars Hydro LED.

Looking good

Interesting red/orange veins in the first AHa photo. Is that normal for this strain?
:surf:

Hmm, I don't know. It is not so orange in natural light. Foto was taken under the Mars Hydro LED.
I guess there could be many reasons for red stems/veins. Temp changes/cold temps, phosphorus deficiency, LED/light stress or just genetics.

But gotta admit some of those plants having very strange bud/calyx formation. Theres calyxes growing there and there (at least on auto psychedelic)
Usually they start forming from each internode. Image below presents how the bud development usually begins:
1634805087140.jpeg

So my conclusion by watching the plants would be trying to increase P (Phosphorus) values. And that could be done easily by increasing GHE Bloom nutrient dose.

5 weeks from seed

3 girls growing like on steroids. I have to adjust distance to lights everyday.

Fast1.jpg

Looks promising
flower2.jpg

flower1.jpg

Marmalate bushes, and I'm not quite sure she is photo, look's like auto.
slow1.jpg

They drink a lot. I have to feed them every day. 15 L (4 gal) with the following GHE formula: 2 Grow / 2 Micro / 1 Bloom / 1 Calmag per 1 L. It gives me 1350 tds. I keeping pH in 5.8-6.1.
Also if youre still feeding them with this schedule (G: 2ml/l, M: 2ml/l & B: 1ml/l)
You giving them at least:
Nitrogen (N): 170ppm
Phosphorus (P): 35ppm
Potassium (K): 169ppm

Youre in full flowering now, I would cut down the N feed amounts. It would balance your N&K ratio. And increase bloom amount to achieve like P: 50-75ppm or test up to 100ppm Phosphorus if those red veins and stems appears to be P def.. Flowering cannabis loves Phosphorus.
But thats just my opinion, and thanks to @FelipeBlu for teaching me some of these things lately :)

just some thoughts if you want to fine tune something. They anyway look like doing good already.
One easiest method to reduce N amounts and increase P&K values of your feed would be only use GHE Micro and Bloom. Could do 2:1 ratio of Bloom:Micro. And you dont necessaliry need grow anymore. Grow does not contain any micros. Micro and Bloom has all the necessary ones.
And you were using GHE Micro for soft water, right? That bottle already has a 6% of Calcium so it provide most likely enough Ca for the plant. And Bloom has 3% Mg and 5% Sulfur.

PS. Im using exact same nutrients (GHE Tripart for soft water-series) and my plants looks like having an excess of N with low as 80-90ppm N. Those nutrients are actually very strong since they contain many elements in chelated form. Also as theyre designed for all kind of growing mediums, the GHE’s recommendations listed are ”average”. Not the sheet which should be slavishly followed :D

Damn drank 1 and half cups of morning coffee while writing this xD

Hi Folks!

Today is exactly 2 months from the beginning of this journal.

So, lets start from overall progress.
Overview1.jpg

From left to right: Marmalate, Auto Psychedelic, Amnesia Haze Auto 1, Amnesia Haze Auto 2.
There is also one more Auto Psychedelic, but it is behind the Marmalate, weak, small and not shown on the picture.

Overview2.jpg

Marmalate is growing and waiting for switching to 12/12 lights schedule. I'm feeding her day after day by 3L of GHE nutrients: 5.5 grow / 3.5 micro / 2 bloom / 1 calmag. It gives about 1000 tds.
Marmalate.jpg

Auto Psychedelic is full of small flowers/preflowers, smelly & sticky giant.
PS1_1.jpg

PS1_2.jpg

Amnesia Haze #1 filled with flowers
AH1_1.jpg

AH1_2.jpg

Amnesia Haze #2 is experiencing some kind of problem, but she will recover.
AH2_2.jpg

AH2_1.jpg

My feeding schedule for all flowering plants is: 5 ml grow / 25 micro / 50 bloom / 10 calmag x 15L. And I think I'll remove grow this week at all. TDS now is 1200. Maybe I have to increase it to 1500-1700?

Peace!
AH2_3.jpg

Hi Folks!

Let's start from the overall progress
Overall.jpg

Marmalate is still waiting for 12/12 light schedule. Hope to switch in 2-3 weeks.
Marmalate.jpg

Hidden Amnesia Haze Auto, she was buried on start, she is sitting in shade of other plants and in shitty perlite. But she will survive. I cannot destroy her.
AHH.jpg

Auto Psychedelic looking strange, but smelly and sticky.
APAll.jpg

She is covered by thousands of small flowers.
APBudds.jpg

Another Auto Psychedelic looks good.
PS2.jpg

And Amnesia Haze Auto in small bucket will be ready to harvest in 1-2 weeks.
IMG_9878.jpg

Forget to mention my current setup & feeding schedule.

Feedings once in two days. GHE TriPart Flora Series.

All Bloom: 15L H2O + 5 ml grow + 35 micro + 70 bloom + 4.5 pH Down = pH 6.0 & tds 1400

Marmalate Grow: 3L H2O + 5.5 ml grow + 3.5 micro + 2 bloom + 1.5 pH Down = pH 6.1 & tds 750

Temp: 24-26.5C (75-79F) Humidity: 40-60%

How are you feeling about harvesting them?

Yesterday I tried lower flowers, which was cutted as garbage during the cabinet maintenance. It was dried in sauna at 80C (176F) with 40% Humidity for 3-4 hours.
And it was very typical smooth light high pleasant evening. Bojole ;-)

So, I'm thinking to harvest soon.

Very nice! What I meant was - how do you feel about the structure of the flowers being individual bracts spread out along the stem instead of being in a bud? Seems like it’s going to be difficult to harvest.

maybe dry whole plant and use cold press or butane hash?
manicuring it in traditional way will be madness

Auto Psychedelic looking strange, but smelly and sticky.
APAll.jpg

She is covered by thousands of small flowers.
APBudds.jpg

Another Auto Psychedelic looks good.

Wow - those Auto psychedelics are trippy! o_O
How are you feeling about harvesting them?

Indeed those auto psychedelics are massive like a tree! Well done :goodjob:

Gotta admit that Ive never seen anything like this before.
Actually very interesting what makes that happen so every single calyx grows as an individual.. And by looking at the pics looks like those calyxes do have a somewhat size too. Calyxes are supposed to stack together like grapes, but barely happened here :nerd-with-glasses:

Pressing probs would be the best option to get wht you want to burn.

individual bracts spread out along the stem instead of being in a bud?
Wag1 Felipe. Heh just had to mention, but isn’t bracts are these two green perigonal greenish looking ”hairs” which grows on both sides from the nodes before actual bud calyx forms?
1636968190448.png

Keep it up neiro! :high-five:

Yesterday I tried lower flowers, which was cutted as garbage during the cabinet maintenance. It was dried in sauna at 80C (176F) with 40% Humidity for 3-4 hours.
And it was very typical smooth light high pleasant evening. Bojole ;-)

So, I'm thinking to harvest soon.
We, the northern sauna nation :laugh: How do you heat up the sauna with that low humidity? :O
I guess it has to be electrical then(?) Traditional wood heating ones rises the RH up to 50% without even throwing water…At least ours :p

We, the northern sauna nation :laugh: How do you heat up the sauna with that low humidity? :O
I guess it has to be electrical then(?) Traditional wood heating ones rises the RH up to 50% without even throwing water…At least ours :p

I have a classic wooden driven sauna. It is build from pine logs with aspen planks inside. Between pine and aspen I have a ventilation space and aluminum foil on craft paper which reflects heat back to the sauna. My ambients temp is about 20-22C and humidity 60-70%. After 2-3 hours of burning the fire, the temp increases to 60-70C and humidity drops to 40%. Heat eats humidity.
My personal record is 95C (203F). And of course it is a dry mode without throwing water into the stones.

Back
Top Bottom