Trichs Travels On The LED Highway

I know guys I know update update I'm sorry to say it's just so friggin pain in my ass until I get a laptop. Loading pics it really a chore with this craplet (shitty tablet) very soon

Sent from my SM-T230NU using 420

I'd be tempted to open it and check the connection tightness anyways with a warning like that. I've seen a couple lights lately with loose connections that resulted in burnt out plugs. Your worst day isn't the FD showing up, it's the PD showing up, after they've been told how the fire started. Stay safe friends and buy a fire extinguisher.

Agreed!!!!

Trich how's the dwc? You have just a single resivour unit going? How often do you have to add nutes or water? Or ph it? Had any temp issues with the water too cold or hot?

I'd be tempted to open it and check the connection tightness anyways with a warning like that. I've seen a couple lights lately with loose connections that resulted in burnt out plugs. Your worst day isn't the FD showing up, it's the PD showing up, after they've been told how the fire started. Stay safe friends and buy a fire extinguisher.

Thanks for the tip! It doesn't void the warranty so I might as well open it up.

Agreed!!!!

Trich how's the dwc? You have just a single resivour unit going? How often do you have to add nutes or water? Or ph it? Had any temp issues with the water too cold or hot?

All of this stuff, I can surly answer and always be of assistance with lol!!
I love DWC, to me way mo betta with hydro haha!
I'll always do my best strains in single 5 gallon bubble buckets. And no sir, I don't use a cooler of any kind and temps in summer in my res hit 75* sometimes. Hydrogaurd and Barley Total pond keep the algae at bay as long as light doesn't enter res. These two items as well keep my roots nice and white.
Ph is a must in hydroponics and best done Dailey or at least every other day. I gave up on ph meters long ago as well, always needing to be recalibrated screw that.. Ph indicator drops are an instant answer deal instead of waiting the 45 seconds for the meter to settle on a number.
Depending on the plant and stage feedings are between everyday in flower and every 3 to 2 days in veg of course depending on the plant and strain. Water temps to cold no worries unless it's under 45* which halts root growth and can really stunt plants, especially young ones.

What about how often do you totally change the water out?
I'm gonna catch a Lotta bullcrap from this one bro but lol, I swear to you I only change the res if there is an issue with the plants or massive ph swings.
When they drink on average of 1 gallon everyday in flower and roughly half a gallon in veg(depending) and your adding fresh water each feeding then tour good in my book.
If there are wild ph swings from one day to the next, good indicator your soups crooked(unbalanced) and needs to be changed. I always add nutes everytime unless I see tips burn then I add strait ph-ed water with hydrogaurd, total pond, and calcium

So when adding nutes so you add nutes into the red or into pre mixed container and then you adjust ph to match the res? I know I'm nosey but I've never done dwc but really debating on trying the single bucket out

I'll throw my $0.02 in if you don't mind. I use AN pH Perfect nutrients and haven't checked pH in months. I change bucket water every 7 days except in my 27 gal tote reservoir and it is going on a month now. My plan is not to change it until I switch to bloom nute regime, and then not at all until clean up. Give dwc a try, you won't be disappointed. :)

I'll throw my $0.02 in if you don't mind. I use AN pH Perfect nutrients and haven't checked pH in months. I change bucket water every 7 days except in my 27 gal tote reservoir and it is going on a month now. My plan is not to change it until I switch to bloom nute regime, and then not at all until clean up. Give dwc a try, you won't be disappointed. :)
I've seen the ph perfect nutes and love those, still haven't used them.
All 2 cents welcome here my man, know that haha! We all growmies, like a big ass family we all do it a little different, same path different strides.

I use Technaflora Nutes. with my little additives of course muhahahahaha,

With ph perfect nutes, do you use any silica in your regime? Just curious is all brother Rife.

So when adding nutes so you add nutes into the red or into pre mixed container and then you adjust ph to match the res? I know I'm nosey but I've never done dwc but really debating on trying the single bucket out
When feeding, well I'll walk you through what I do..
Since I feed alot of girls at one time, I keep a 35 gallon trash can(rubbermaid new one bought specifically for this) filled with tap water. In the bottom of said trashcan I keep air stones and and a pump that's plumbed to the top and out of the trash can (for filling gallon jugs).
Obviously an air pump to run the air stones at all times.
After 24 hours the water is good to use and stays good until it's a it'll used up

Example ....

I've just popped the top on my bucket, I notice my water level is down, it needs a gallon, I go to my holding tank(trashcan)
flip the switch on the cord and pump out a gallon of oxygenated dechlorinated water, add my nutes to my ppm needed for stage or plant (you'll need a goood ppm meter)(I suggest blue labs Truncheon as you don't have to recalibrate ever) ph with my indicator drops and vial and add to res. Let settle for 15 min the check res ph with indicator drops..

Same steps if I need to ass just water and Hydrogaurd ect.. Without main nutes..

Hope that helped my man, much love all, I'm crashing for the night, I can always be round to help always

Hold the fucking phones man! Can I really post pictures now through 420! Really?. Holy crap yes yes! I can and will post now lol

Yep. Rhino Skin by AN.
Ahh haa! See I'm using protekt and it spikes my ph something crazy so in use it in place of my ph up..

Ok now you have me curious lol,
How much are they for quart or Gallon or however you buy? For the base nutes of course

Been looking into building a recirculating single pot system... Anyways, talking to Stage about it, you see the plant of the year on here? He grew that without changing the res at all.. Just top up with water nutes and p/h it....just saw you say you'll get some crap for it. For not wasting money or time, lol...

Back
Top Bottom