600W LED vs. 600W HPS by Be Irie

Re: 420 Cannasumer Reports Competition - GrowLEDHydro's 600W LED vs. 600W HPS by Be I

Some of us prefer not to use chems on our meds and some don't mind. I happen to be the one who doesn't and will go through more then most when it comes to avoiding them... It doesn't make much sense to me to grow the way i do and then throw in a chemical pesticide, just not going to happen without a fight.. If I wanted easy, i would be growing hydro ;)
It took me awhile, but i did get the HPS and the LED tents and some of the younger ladies in the other room treated.. I also sprayed the walls/inside of the tent with it. I have also been able to keep the tents @70deg with lights on and around 60 most of the lights off time, drops a little lower @ sunset. The SNS caused quite a bit of carnage to the mites.The low temps have slowed them down quite a bit, they don't seem to be very happy, or so content anymore... I will keep an eye on things and see what happens.... I sprayed down almost 20 plants total ranging from 2-5 feet and have a little bit left over that will be used on the Veg room... All plants that were being treated where put in the bathroom, sprayed, then they sit in there for a few hours with a fan on, then back into the tents... I have not had any plants mold on me doing it like this. :peace:

i here ya bro, makes sense when put that way. i am going to try organic on my next run. looking at the Espoma organic ferts. the tomato one and the starter one thats loaded with microbes.

Contains 5,678,688 colony forming units (CFU�s) per lb. (378,579 CFU�s per lb. each of the following 15 species):
Bacillus subtilis
Paenibacillus polymyxa
Bacillus licheniformis
Pseudomonas alcaligenes
Bacillus megaterium
Pseudomonas chlororaphis
Bacillus marinus
Pseudomonas putida
Bacillus coagulans
Acidovorax facilis
Bacillus thuringiensis
Arthrobacter agilis
Bacillus pumilis
Rhodococcus rhodochorus
Bacillus lentimorbus
Ectomycorrhizal Fungi: 44,200,000 propagules/lb. of the following 8 species:
Pisiolithus tinctorius (40,000,000 propagules/lb.)
Scleroderma Citrinni (1,000,000 propagules/lb.)
Scleroderma Cepa (1,000,000 propagules/lb.)
Laccaria Bicolor (200,000 propagules/lb.)
Rhizopogon Roseolus (500,000 propagules/lb.)
Rhizopogon Subscaerelescens (500,000 propagules/lb.)
Rhizopogon villosuli (500,000 propagules/lb.)

Endomycorrhizal Fungi: 1,200 propagules per lb. of the following 2 species:
Glomus aggregatum (600 propagules/lb.)
Glomus intraradices (600 propagules/lb.)

Sizes: Available in 4 lb. and 25 lb. bags

Bio-tone� Starter Plus is an all natural plant food enhanced with biostimulants, beneficial bacteria and mycorrhizae. This proprietary formula works naturally within the soil to help plants establish fast, withstand environmental stress, promote deeper roots better blooms ,and improve soil structure.

Microbe enhanced all natural plant food
Includes both Endo & Ecto Mycorrhizae
Grows larger root mass to help plants establish fast
Reduces transplant loss

Re: 420 Cannasumer Reports Competition - GrowLEDHydro's 600W LED vs. 600W HPS by Be I

I used the Epsoma Plant Tone outside in my organic vegetable container garden and I was happy with it. I didn't use it as much as I could have which ideally would have been about every 2 weeks after the first few weeks in. I under fertilized, but I still had good results. Pulled my last broccoli last week and have tomatoes that I ripened inside. Not bad for the first week of november in the midwest...

Re: GrowLEDHydro's 600W LED vs. 600W HPS by Be Irie

how come this journal stopped? I was really enjoying it. Is this grow still going on?

Thanks for checking in Bob.. The tents are still going, and seem to be doing fine. I will get some pics up here ASAP..

When I took this on, I had a lot going on. I didn't realize it yet, but I was way in over my head with all the things i had going on, then having to deal with the heat and bugs about drove me over the edge. I have not been able to not only keep this journal up and have not been able to give the LED/HPS tent the attention i would have liked. There was just to may projects going on at one time and my head felt like it was going to pop.... I will try and keep updating and finish it out right...

Yea we all get to much going,thanks for the info, hope the new year brings you a bit of peace.thanks for all your time and work.
br

Just a quick photo update, so you guys know they are still alive... I will get the ladies out of the tents and next to their twin sisters for a photo shoot in the next few days...
Some of the LED plants....
LED22.jpg

LED11.jpg

LED4.jpg

LED32.jpg

I only got off a few before the battery died of the HPS tent.
HPS13.jpg

HPStent6.jpg

Also, a plant from each tent was moved out. I had a cheese plant that would just not grow in the LED tent. It has struggled since it was put in there ( 6 weeks ago). So it was put into a different room along with one of the HPS plants.. Not sure why it was acting like it was.:peace:

LED11.jpg

They're looking very tasty Be!

Just a heads-up on that power strip above. The switch looks like it lights up red when it's on, which can inhibit flowering if it's on during the dark cycle. Was the cheese plant near that strip, by any chance?

Thanks SS for the words... It is just red and not lit ( I am ) and the plant was on the other side....
As promised, I pulled them out to check them out and feed them. They are all thirsty in the pics.. The third Dimensions have been my problem child in both tents, they are a bit on the finicky side.. The SnoCap is sensitive to nutes, the guanos burn her easily and all the SnoCaps have been turning purple from the temps... I think the low temps I have been keeping, have slowed them down a little bit. Things are starting to shape up in that tent...
Chernobyl
Chernobylboth.jpg

LED plant
ChernobylL1.jpg

ChernobylL.jpg

ChernobylLOH.jpg

HPS plant
ChernobylHP.jpg

ChernobylHP1.jpg

ChernobylHPOH.jpg

SnoCap (forgot to take the side by side pic :ganjamon: )
LED plant
SnocapL.jpg

SnoCapL1.jpg

SnoCapL1OH.jpg

HPS plant
SnoCapHP.jpg

SnoCapHP1.jpg

SnoCapHPOH.jpg

LED tent on and off
LEDtenton1.jpg

LEDtentoff1.jpg

HPS tent
HPStenton.jpg

Will do the other two plants in a bit....

Now for the other two plants... I think the Satori will be the biggest yield of the group. She always surprises me with her late weight gain....
Satori
SatoriBoth.jpg

LED
SatoriL.jpg

SatoriL1.jpg

SatoriLOH.jpg

HPS
SatoriHP.jpg

SatoriHP1.jpg

SatoriHPOH.jpg

The problem childs Third Dimension
3rdDimboth.jpg

LED
3rdDimL.jpg

3rdDLOH.jpg

HPS
3rdDHP.jpg

3rdDHPOH.jpg

:peace:

OK, things are tarting to wrap up here... I pulled the two third dimensions today, they were the smallest and beaten up the most. Ambers are around 10% give or take a few. It looks like the Snocap will be the next, then the Chernobyl followed by the Satori. The way things are looking, they should all be down within the week.... Today was day 60 of 12/12 Most of SubCools strains are 50-60 days..
Right before being chopped
LED
3rdD1LED.jpg

3rdDLED.jpg

HPS
3rdDHPS.jpg

3rdD1HPS.jpg

:tokin:

No question here the HPS will yield more than my led. Through all my testing and costumer results I have never seen such a difference between the two lights watt for watt, oh well life goes on. Im gonna need a redemption grow after this one.. lol

Thanks for the grow Be Irie, still looking forward to the final report!

Great test, thank you for the time and effort you spent for the good of growing.
br

Thanks guys,
These were the two that were very challenging for me to keep alive.. I almost pulled them more then once... They are the ones with the biggest side difference also. All my Subcool strains are medium yielders. My subcool strains under the 1000 still average around two ounces per plant, I have had a few that have produced 3-4 z's and a few that have come in under a z... Quality over quantity any day of the week.. There are three plants in the HPS tent left and four in the LED tent.

So, here are two Chernobyl plants.. The one on the left is out of the main flower room that runs about 3.5K in MH/HPS lights. The one on the right is from the LED tent...
ledFlowerRoomCherb.jpg

Now here is the same but with the 600 HPS tent plant on the far left...
cherbHpsFlowerLed.jpg

The 600 HPS plant top cola
CherbHpsTop.jpg

The 600 LED plant top cola
ledTopColaCherb.jpg

The main flower room plant top
Cherbtopcola.jpg

Led lower nug
Ledsecondarycherb.jpg

trichs are changing quick plants will be cut when they are 10-20% amber and on an individual basis. They are very close..

The LED put up a decent fight... It did much better then I actually expected it to do. The potential is there, and I think with some more LED knowledge on my part, I could squeeze some more out of them....
Everyone is still drinking and they are starting to go amber, should be soon..
Satori- going to be the bigger yielder of the group.
satoriboth1.jpg

HPS satori
satorihpstop.jpg

LED
satoritopled.jpg

SnoCap
snocapboth.jpg

HPS
snocaptops.jpg

LED
snocaptopLED.jpg

Chernobyl