4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG - 1200 Watts

Re: 4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG (1200 Watts)

Of course I am. What's on your mind?

cool, so i stumbled upon this journal and pulled all nighter and read it all! i want to start growing. i just regitered on this site but im having troub navigating site. i would like to follow anything u have going on. do u have any updates on that system, eg changes in technology, methods, etc. my goal is to do this system but multiply it by 6 so i will have ?s about that later.

cool, so i stumbled upon this journal and pulled all nighter and read it all! i want to start growing. i just regitered on this site but im having troub navigating site. i would like to follow anything u have going on. do u have any updates on that system, eg changes in technology, methods, etc. my goal is to do this system but multiply it by 6 so i will have ?s about that later.

First let me say "welcome" to the best MJ community on the net. Check out the green links at the bottom of my signature to check out my other grows. The Blue Planet journal is my most recent and showcases a grow style that may interest you. Feel free to ask any questions that you may have as I'm here to help my fellow growers. Thank you for taking the time to read my journal and leave some feedback. May all your buds be dense my friend.

420fied
Hey, nice grows! first post here... I spent about 6 hours last night and today reading your different grow journals links

heres my situation:
I have a 6' X 6' X 7' H space, which only a L shaped area of 5'11'X5'11'X3' think of it as a 6'X6' square 7' high divided into 4 quarters with 1 of the quarters non usable for growing.. My screen if I use one could be no more than 3' wide with 3 sides against the wall/ walls with L shaped with the long side accessable

I'm limited to 15 plants total including any mothers & clones I may be doing so:

Your pepsi hempies look great but I cant do that many plants..

Your 4" pvc SOG grow looks interesting... but I want to use tubs and do a SOG but wondering about the ease of training of the plants and the type of growing ie net pots, (flood and or aero) 1 to 3 gal pots with drip/flood emitters with soil, clay pellots, vermic, perl, others, and or a mixture of all.

How easy is it to train through the wire... did you have to lay on your back under it to train through the wire... The training part I have trouble understanding... I realize the concept just not sure how the multiple colas are trained... I thought if you topped each plant several times you would have individual plant growth up thru the screens... but Im guessing that would stretch out harvest time... Your 9 or 10 week harvest time and short plants is what I would want to strive for..

My local grow shop complicates it more as they say if I cant be there every day I should not even consider hydroponics... now that could or could not be a problem... there are times I have to be gone 2 to 4 days... and rarely 10 days at a time (very rare emergancy but could happen)

I dont have a problem growing in soil mixes and even wasteing the water to drainage (not recirc) or maybe a hybrid hydroponic/ soil... just having a tough time figuring what I can do to avoid a emergancy situation and at the same time maxing out the automation of watering

I have a feeling you've explored the different methods methods

Have any suggestions?

Thanks

420fied
Hey, nice grows! first post here... I spent about 6 hours last night and today reading your different grow journals links

heres my situation:
I have a 6' X 6' X 7' H space, which only a L shaped area of 5'11'X5'11'X3' think of it as a 6'X6' square 7' high divided into 4 quarters with 1 of the quarters non usable for growing.. My screen if I use one could be no more than 3' wide with 3 sides against the wall/ walls with L shaped with the long side accessable

I'm limited to 15 plants total including any mothers & clones I may be doing so:

Your pepsi hempies look great but I cant do that many plants..

Your 4" pvc SOG grow looks interesting... but I want to use tubs and do a SOG but wondering about the ease of training of the plants and the type of growing ie net pots, (flood and or aero) 1 to 3 gal pots with drip/flood emitters with soil, clay pellots, vermic, perl, others, and or a mixture of all.

How easy is it to train through the wire... did you have to lay on your back under it to train through the wire... The training part I have trouble understanding... I realize the concept just not sure how the multiple colas are trained... I thought if you topped each plant several times you would have individual plant growth up thru the screens... but Im guessing that would stretch out harvest time... Your 9 or 10 week harvest time and short plants is what I would want to strive for..

My local grow shop complicates it more as they say if I cant be there every day I should not even consider hydroponics... now that could or could not be a problem... there are times I have to be gone 2 to 4 days... and rarely 10 days at a time (very rare emergancy but could happen)

I dont have a problem growing in soil mixes and even wasteing the water to drainage (not recirc) or maybe a hybrid hydroponic/ soil... just having a tough time figuring what I can do to avoid a emergancy situation and at the same time maxing out the automation of watering

I have a feeling you've explored the different methods methods

Have any suggestions?

Thanks

The advice you're getting from your local grow shop is sound. If you're going to be away for 2-4 days or longer you definitely don't want to go with a hydro/aero set. There's so many things(pumps, lines, leaks, etc) that can go wrong with a hydro set that it's best if you're around. Trust me, I know.

Hempys or soil would be your best bet.

Thanks for the reply

OK on hempys or soil, but I still want to do a SOG or similar and I have limited grow space which is OK as 15 plants is all I can have at one time.

I dont mind doing a drip system and that will go to waste (no recirc) but I'm told that a 2 gal bucket is Minimum for soil and I should only water every few days... as I want to set my growing container in a tub of some kind to control water removal from runoff (I was ghoing to use the 10 gal black cement mixing tubs from lowes or HD but can only fit two 2 gal buckets in one) a 1 gal bucket seems to fit the dimensions of my planed growing area... do you think 1 gal buckets with soil on a drip timed system will generate the same growth in the same time span of your different growing styles? or could I put 2 plants in a 2 gal bucket? IE 10 weeks would be what I would want to shoot for... I guess Im being told not to expect the same growth to short time ratio with soil compared to your PVC pipe system or Hempys..

I've spent days scouting different forums looking for ideas I can use for SOG type growing without much luck in traditional grow watering practices like drip to waste etc... whats your ideas on this and can you direct me by links to any that might fit my requirements?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Madd Props on the sick grow man. Spent the better part of the last three days reading every post on this journal, and all i gotta say is LEGIT. very educational... cpl questions though. 1- Did you do the 100 outdoor, if so how did it go? 2-Are you still growin Aero, and if not y. And 3- what makes you switch to hempy sog instead of aero scrog. Any info is awesome just tryin to get myself started... but either way thanks for all the information.

Legendary.jpg

I know I'm 3 years late on this journal, but just had to say thank you 420fied for an amazing show. I finally finished your journal (6 days of reading off and on ha) while roasting my morning bowls. I stumbled across this journal while learning about the scrog method and recently started my 1st scrog (3x3) with 4 giga bud clones :). I was skeptical to start this style of growing, though I am very familiar with LST training. After seeing your end result, and given my space restrictions, it's a no brainer: scrog all the way. Thanks again 420fied for inspiring me to grow in this manner. Much love and respect. (I don't even know how to "rep" yet or I would I was in such a hurry to just register and thank you before I have feed my 4 little girls haha).

I know I'm 3 years late on this journal, but just had to say thank you 420fied for an amazing show. I finally finished your journal (6 days of reading off and on ha) while roasting my morning bowls. I stumbled across this journal while learning about the scrog method and recently started my 1st scrog (3x3) with 4 giga bud clones :). I was skeptical to start this style of growing, though I am very familiar with LST training. After seeing your end result, and given my space restrictions, it's a no brainer: scrog all the way. Thanks again 420fied for inspiring me to grow in this manner. Much love and respect. (I don't even know how to "rep" yet or I would I was in such a hurry to just register and thank you before I have feed my 4 little girls haha).

Thank you for the awesome words. I hope that your SCROG yields heavy for you. Feel free to browse my other journals as well. My current journal was just opened on Jan. 8th 2013. It's called Low Watts -- High Yield and the link is in my signature. I hope that you'll stop by and partake in the discussion.

Good growing.

:thumb:

To give reps click on the star at the bottom of the left side of the post you want to send reps to....very easy...:cheesygrinsmiley:
:tokin:

Thanks 420fied I'll take a look when I get a chance. I may even start a journal on the scrog I recently started, although mine will be as a student not as a teacher. Look forward to viewing more of your gardening skills :). Much love and respect, brother.

Sir, I haven't had a chance to look over your journal yet, but I will, and sub if you don't mind. I have a question that might be silly, but if I understand this concept more fully it could help my method. I'll use a hypothetical situation for clarity; Lets say I have a space that I'm controlling Rh and temp, I know that warm air holds more moisture than cold, so if the Rh is at 50 and temps are at 80 and I drop it 10 degrees, the Rh goes down, but where did that moisture go?, is that going on my plants that have just gone into a dark cycle? My fans never stop, and I'm not concerned with mold, I'm more concerned with control. Thank you for your time to ponder this Idea.

Back
Top Bottom