Johnnydetroits' SCROG

johnnydetroit

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say hello, I have been poking around the site for about a week now and I must say I'm impressed. I'm working on a SCROG garden at the moment and I have a few questions. My project is for 12 plants, keeping one as a mother. I'm going to link some photo's of my round about design. Most are taken from 4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG - 1200 Watts

He has 6 plants in his and it is beautiful. Please let me know if you think this design will work. One design is 6' x 6' the other is 5' x 4' both using 11 plants. I'll be building my room the size of the blue outline in the photo's. The red line will be the fence.

3796161611_08d84ec4a6.jpg
3796978464_5c99ab2e97.jpg

High johnny,

I relocated your post to a stand alone thread. Welcome to the site :welcome:

I think your research of 420fied's aero is a great start.

Looking forward to watching your grow

johnny,

I'm flattered.

I'm glad you've decided to build your own system. You won't be sorry. Of course your design will work but I have a few questions:

1. How are your pipes going to drain back into your res and does your res have a drain?
2. Do you have a chiller?
3. Do you have the necessary pumps. hoses, etc?

Post some pics so we can all share ideas. I'll help in any way that I can. Best of luck!

BTW, my system holds 9 plants, not 6. :)

I will be constructing some sort of PVC flow to a single drain into the tub. There will be a chiller if my funds can support it. My main concern will be the space between each plant. I had some surgery on my hand so things are going slow. I will be documenting everything from start to finish. I did some calculations, I believe the 11 plants will fit evenly in a 6' x 6' screen, what do you think? How important is a chiller? What height should i start the fence above my plants?

Read my journal from start to finish. That'll give you a blueprint to go by. Unless you can keep your room and in turn your res at 68* or less with the lights running, you'll need the chiller. I wouldnt grow this way without it.

11 plants will work well with a 6x6 screen but expect a 50-65 day veg to fill the screen.

Leave at least 12 inches between the pipes and your screen. I left 14.

the "entrance fee" of 420fied's system is a bit steep but necessary if this is the method you choose.

Read my journal from start to finish. That'll give you a blueprint to go by. Unless you can keep your room and in turn your res at 68* or less with the lights running, you'll need the chiller. I wouldnt grow this way without it.

11 plants will work well with a 6x6 screen but expect a 50-65 day veg to fill the screen.

Leave at least 12 inches between the pipes and your screen. I left 14.

Was this unclear?

I'm in the process of ordering/gathering all my parts. I was in a shop today and they said "chillers are not necessary, we only use them to liquid cool lights". I'm confused I thought chillers where used to cool my nutrients. Can some please straighten me out on this?

Oh, the nutrient solution can still flow at higher temps but dissolved oxygen levels will drop off significantly. That oxygen is good for the plants and for maintaining a healthy balance of good microbes to bad ones. Good ones like oxygenated environments and the bad ones do not.

So, if you want to improve your chances at a successful harvest and a better yield, then controlling nutrient temperature is important.

Ok peeps. I need some help. System is up and almost running. I think I put the jets to far away from the nets. Should the nets get hit directly by the jets? Or will the humidity in the PVC be enough to keep them happy? I need to drop clones in tomorrow so if I need to move the holes so be it. But as of now the jets do NOT hit the net. Here is some pics.

3872732541_776acf8f8f.jpg
3873516894_d7955cfd26.jpg

11 clones dropped in. Already messed up nutrients weeee! ASAP I will put fresh nutrients in and I'll post some picks. Yes I have nets and neoprene sleeves. 2x super silver haze, 6x red dragon, 3x train wreck.

Three strains at the same time in one screen? I hope their flower times sync for you otherwise harvesting may be quite the challenge. I'm aboard for the ride and I got my corn. :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom